Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭goochy

in fairness shes not long at radio , shes not great but better than ray ! did she cry reading letter ? wouldnt hold it aganst her but not that professional either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

goochy wrote: »
    in fairness shes not long at radio , shes not great but better than ray ! did she cry reading letter ? wouldnt hold it aganst her but not that professional either

She filled in for John Murray a number of times (and Tubridy before that as long ago as 2010). She has made me feel uncomfortable as a listener because she was out of her depth. She seems like a nice person but just isn't able to cope with a live show.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Cupid Kelly strikes again

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

That one was gas. She said she's not picky but then proceeded to request a slim, city slicker toyboy with stubble. Local yokels need not apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

That one was gas. She said she's not picky but then proceeded to request a slim, city slicker toyboy with stubble. Local yokels need not apply.

that doesn't mind her having an 11 year old...good luck with that love

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭peadar76

I'd love a go at Kathryn Thomas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

peadar76 wrote: »

Good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,406 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

:eek:

If its not finding missing things for plp its finding partners for them . Taking public service broadcasting to extreme. Shes not that bad looking but like most women needs to cop onto fact that shes in no position to be picky ! Shes probably one of those ones who ignore plenty of guys on pof who are decent then says theres no decent guys around !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Last week I heard a bit of him giving holiday tips for a fella going to Kerry. It's as if discoverireland.com was offline or something, or your man had no internet access.

he started a conversation today at about 4 or 6 minutes to four o'clock. He didn't throw a hissy fit about it though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Any other plans for the school holidays?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Any other plans for the school holidays?

Whatever it is, I hope he doesn't go blind from too much of it! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

I enjoyed Rays chat with Vincent Brown, didn't know that Shane Ross once described Anglo-Irish as 'one of the finest banks in the world'. Silly Shane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Balls. I'm married, have two young kids, do a lot of running, going grey, and now I've just discovered I've the same type of dogs as Ray.

I AM RAY DARCY !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I decided to have a listen to D'Arcy today to see how he's sounding. The interview with the woman who was in the 7/7 attacks was pretty interesting. I thought Ray had a tendency to focus on the grotesque aspects of her story but she was a very good speaker and was well fit to steer the conversation herself.

I know it was tongue in cheek, but I thought that telling her to "enjoy the 10th anniversary" was a bit crass.

If its not finding missing things for plp its finding partners for them . Taking public service broadcasting to extreme. Shes not that bad looking but like most women needs to cop onto fact that shes in no position to be picky ! Shes probably one of those ones who ignore plenty of guys on pof who are decent then says theres no decent guys around !

She is very average (loads of make up on) and...honestly, looking for a 30 year old city slicker who is happy to take someone else's pre teen boy.....well, scarcer than hens teeth I would say

A bit full of herself too u would have to be to go on radio most plp would have a bit of modesty

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I didn't hear that show. Was it Nuala Carey? Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

sligojoek wrote: »
    I didn't hear that show. Was it Nuala Carey? Again.

No, some randommer. I tuned out as it started.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

At 15:00 ray opens by reviewing the Irish Times, a paper that was printed over 12 hours ago and was compiled yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

I can't wait for An Nuacht

Loved Ray's barely concealed disgust when it was suggested that his children might watch The Teletubbies!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I said that to the Mrs at the time. He completely blanked the suggestion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Is this Rays tape to send in for his Primetime application ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

giggling like a schoolgirl around the master

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Listened around 4:20pm on the way home, he was talking to guy about clouds I think, the guy mentioned something about a 10 year anniversary and then Darcy interrupted him and said it was 10 years since his father had his leg amputated. WTF it was very unprofessional, pathetic and cringe worthy.

He needs a good kick up the rear by RTE and told to shape up or ship out, take that boring Will and annoying wife with ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭patrickc

Listened around 4:20pm on the way home, he was talking to guy about clouds I think, the guy mentioned something about a 10 year anniversary and then Darcy interrupted him and said it was 10 years since his father had his leg amputated. WTF it was very unprofessional, pathetic and cringe worthy.

He needs a good kick up the rear by RTE and told to shape up or ship out, take that boring Will and annoying wife with ya.

i heard that also, that was so unprofessional to interrupt him to thank hospital staff from 10 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I know not a lot of people think too highly of Breakfast Republic on 2fm but they do a brilliant sketch with Ray (and Ray) talking to himself. Then you hear this unmerciful whining in the background 'RAAAAYYYY' and that is Jenny. Best was when he was talking to himself about horses. 'I want a clippity clop' says Jenny. Very very funny because it is close to the truth!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Ah, Ray having a go at Enda Kenny.

Left the country yet, Ray?

• Advertisement

I could very easily imagine your good self making such a remark!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement