Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

MF2HD wrote: »
    I have to admit I did start the eyerolls when yer man started with the whole "my great grandad was at the GPO 1916". Very impressed when Ray produced the evidence.

I just went up to post a letter...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

What's it with virtually every Irish presenter when discussing a sad subject , " sighs , tskss , awsss, pregnant pauses " , just to prove they supposedly " empathise" , youre a broadcaster just get it out in at least a semiprofessional matter, they just sound so fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ray ringing his fan club.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Is this RnaG?

• Registered Users Posts: 72,524 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Mitch Winehouse.

*popcorn*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

didn't he give a load of proceeds from an album sale to Laura Lynn or someone?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/amy-winehouse-dad-donates-25k-to-irish-childrens-charity-the-lauralynn-hospice-26890522.html

Love his accent- reminds me of Bricktop "put a lead on her Turkish she bites"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭baldbear

This is sad. Darcy saying the drink killed her made me squirm.

He just answered my question...if he hates 'Amy' so much, why doesn't he make his own film aka 'the truth'.

why is d'arcy badgering the man by bringing up claims by idiots

The more Mitch complains about the film, the more people will want to go and see it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Ray's late for Nuacht :D

yer one in Cuastella or wherever it is will be doing her nut

3.41 for Nuacht....record?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

The voice and 'blas' of that newsreader!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I know there's not a lot of love for Ray on this thread but, I think the quality of guests has really improved since he took over.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

honeybear wrote: »
    I know there's not a lot of love for Ray on this thread but, I think the quality of guests has really improved since he took over.

It is a different show altogether. Ray seems to like going with 'read the cards and letters' and see where that takes us. It can be quite good radio if you listen carefully..

The 'discussion' on Thursday and Friday about mail theft is a good example. Two points which surfaced briefly. There seems to have been a big problem in the UK which is being investigated and hushed up at the same time and the crooks seem to know where to find the cash. The inference being that the post are using some scanning technology that can detect EU and UK banknotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Mitch Winehouse.

*popcorn*

Still clinging to that meal ticket.

Can't believe Ray starts the show with the eircode story after it being on for the previous hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,204 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Can't believe Ray starts the show with the eircode story after it being on for the previous hour entire day!
    FYP

I'm well sick of it already, and it's not even the end of day 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Can't believe Ray starts the show with the eircode story after it being on for the previous hour!

Without telling us whats in this mornings papers...disgrace..

He's still lip smacking...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Without telling us whats in this mornings papers...disgrace..

He's still lip smacking...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Just jumped into the car and heard Ray reading out how many pink cars that were bought each year since 2009. He really is phoning it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Is it compulsory to "be here with tears streaming down my face" when you text Ray.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

"shouting inappropriately" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

very strange case

Ray giving Ryle a roasting!

Ray giving Ryle a roasting!

didn't know he was the head of sport at RTE, I thought he just did the odd rugby match

I remember when I heard him first on RTE rugby-it seemed to me that his journey to top dog was remarkably quick. Callans Kicks is very funny when they do a regular sketch about Ryle.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I remember when I heard him first on RTE rugby-it seemed to me that his journey to top dog was remarkably quick. Callans Kicks is very funny when they do a regular sketch about Ryle.

Acquitted himself very well in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Ray doesn't know if a soccer ball is pumped or stuffed yet he gets all indignant on behalf of Johnny Giles and makes an ape of himself again, his levels of courtesy to his guests is appalling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement