Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

honeybear wrote: »
    David Brophy sounds very similar to Simon Delaney

Remind us who David Brophy is laddie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Irish conductor talking about a choir project involving homeless people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Is that the second day in a row that they haven't done mystery voice?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭goochy

heard that kate o connell one on newstalk too dont know if its her accent or what but cant warm to her at all

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Saw that programme 'The Long Shot'.
    He did not have much success with his horses.

A classic example of what is known as a "kept man".

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Apart from the appalling start to today's show
    eh
    I thought Joe had a monopoly on soiwicide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Caught the start of the show today. First time hearing the show in a long time and he STILL can't work the controls

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

I like Ray but cringed when he went on about the highest paid actors list by Forbes and complained that they were all male and how this illustrated the rampant sexism in Hollywood. It was intentionally a male only list - the female list is to be published next week - which was specifically mentioned in the article.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

radharc wrote: »
    I like Ray but cringed when he went on about the highest paid actors list by Forbes and complained that they were all male and how this illustrated the rampant sexism in Hollywood. It was intentionally a male only list - the female list is to be published next week - which was specifically mentioned in the article.

At least we know his 15 team members are hard at work anyway. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I didn't hear the show. Was Ray, himself, on the list?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

That's a bit rich considering the amount of male DJs on radio, especially on his own channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

How embarrassing. Is it my imagination or is it because I'm listening to Anton now, but has Ray gotten worse since he left Today FM?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

How embarrassing. Is it my imagination or is it because I'm listening to Anton now, but has Ray gotten worse since he left Today FM?

He has, reckon he wants to lose the radio gig, probably only wants to work the TV end, a dangerous move for him, he hasn't got the polish or the looks

In the real world he would be looking for a new career, in RTE he is championed.

Listened to the first 8 minutes....

Ray, speaking of the actor who played Arthur Daley dying he said he had 'a good innings'

'A good innings'

He then twice referred to the 'team tune' as opposed to theme tune

And just as I was changing the dial Ray used 'stable' instead of 'staple'

idiot FM

Clicking around, he's interviewing an attention seeking endurance runner

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

running, brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

pilates and yoga now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

my friend wrote: »
    Listened to the first 8 minutes....

Ray, speaking of the actor who played Arthur Daley dying he said he had 'a good innings'

'A good innings'

He then twice referred to the 'team tune' as opposed to theme tune

And just as I was changing the dial Ray used 'stable' instead of 'staple'

idiot FM

I don't get it, what's the problem with saying somebody had 'a good innings'?
    It's a fairly well used phrase, when the person in question is 90 it seems appropriate.
    Also seeing as he is Irish I don't see what is wrong with saying team tune.
    I don't like Ray but you need to take a break or you'll give yourself a stroke with the stress of it all.

I don't get it, what's the problem with saying somebody had 'a good innings'?
    It's a fairly well used phrase, when the person in question is 90 it seems appropriate.
    Also seeing as he is Irish I don't see what is wrong with saying team tune.
    I don't like Ray but you need to take a break or you'll give yourself a stroke with the stress of it all.

The correct use is 'good innings' not 'a good innings'

To use it as he did he shows a lack of knowledge of its origins and only confirms to the listener that it's big € euros for dopes in RTE

To use it as he did he shows a lack of knowledge of its origins and only confirms to the listener that it's big € euros for dopes in RTE

Feckit I'm completely lost now.

Does it not mean to have had a good innings as in a cricket match, whereby a player was on the pitch batting for a long time and therefore was quite content with their days (or few days) work. In life it is when somebody lives to a good age and didn't have things too bad?

• Advertisement

Really? Seriously, this is your problem with Ray? I think you need a time out.

And your post confirms to all here that you're just looking for any angle to criticise on.

I've never heard anyone say anything other than "a good innings".

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    And your post confirms to all here that you're just looking for any angle to criticise on.

I've never heard anyone say anything other than "a good innings".

Not only that, but it seems to me that somebody saying "George Cole died today, he had good innings" would sound absolutely ridiculous and would be grammatically incorrect.

Can we have your response as to the origins and correct use of the phrase myfriend???

It's okay his fanboys and moderated threats will big Ray up blindly

I'll choose to not listen yet will still have to pay for him. €320 per annum

Well done Ray.

I'm out.

Well done Ray.

You are a very confusing individual, is this how you choose to defend your ridiculous statement from a while ago. I'd be mortified if I made a fool out of myself like that but at least I'd have the balls to admit that I made a mistake.
    Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Innings are plural anyways.

Jaysis, I wouldn't call myself a Ray fanboy. If anything, I have to stop myself from criticising him.

Well done Ray.

I'm out.

Obvious troll is obvious. C'ya kid! You'll be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,352 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

moderated threats

*treads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Addle wrote: »
    Innings are plural anyways.

Correct Addle, in baseball its "top of the third inning"

So Seoirshe had a good inning.

These things are important:D

This discussion has been closed.