Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Correct Addle, in baseball its "top of the third inning"

So Seoirshe had a good inning.

These things are important:D

Strange then that googling good inning just manages to bring up page after page of results for good innings:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Strange then that googling good inning just manages to bring up page after page of results for good innings:D

Nowt strange about that Foxy, you trust Googleton too much.

Nowt strange about that Foxy, you trust Googleton too much.

nah, I think it is very strange and further convinces me that anybody who says a good inning in this regard is wrong.
    Look we all know it anyway, if myfriend wasn't such a pedant listening to a radio show for dumb point scoring on the internet purposes this would never have come up.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Mod: Can we drop this discussion and return on topic, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

my friend wrote: »
    The correct use is 'good innings' not 'a good innings'

To use it as he did he shows a lack of knowledge of its origins and only confirms to the listener that it's big € euros for dopes in RTE

That must be one of the more pathetic rants against the guy. I'm glad you've nothing better to bother you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Mod: Can we drop this discussion and return on topic, please?
    Fair enough. We had a good innings while it lasted.

Annoys me that people won't admit they're wrong under any circumstances and with all the evidence against them, it is typical troll behaviour I suppose but annoying nonetheless.
    I'll drop it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Jesus, he's obnoxious when talking about money. He has a serious hang-up with how much money people make!

Jesus, he's obnoxious when talking about money. He has a serious hang-up with how much money people make!

mad to know how much the man is on, I bet it's not 500K pa for 7.5 hours a week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

mad to know how much the man is on, I bet it's not 500K pa for 7.5 hours a week

Did you not know, Ray like all radio presenters only get paid for the few hours per week they are actually on air.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭MF2HD

Why have yer man on about those trolley bags when he's sold on any concern he has in the company? Very odd to have him on just because something popped up on Jennys facebook feed.

As for email bag, flogging a dead horse with that 1. Arthur sounded like he was in another building altogether, the sound was very bad. I used to have a laugh when they did it on the other station but it was all over the place today.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

OMG if this guy is on 500k, it bloody crazy he is not worth 5k.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

OMG if this guy is on 500k, it bloody crazy he is not worth 5k.

Thats what your Tv Licence money goes towards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Red Fred

I wonder will Ray mention this story on his trawl through this morning's papers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Red Fred wrote: »
    I wonder will Ray mention this story on his trawl through this morning's papers!!

Doubt it. Ray only likes to discuss other peoples money

Didn't Edmonds do all this on Late Late a couple of months back, did RTE not get it the first time?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Doubt it. Ray only likes to discuss other peoples money

thought that was marion fixation ?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

heard part of the start today and he was going on about some kid in france been left behind by their parents at a car park or somthing and in true Ray style he manages to shoe horn a mention of his own kids in to the story in a totally non related way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

thought that was marion fixation ?

and joes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

dunphy on his show now.

ironic that the lad earning half a mill a year is interviewing a FAR better broadcaster than him who's doing fup all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

dunphy on his show now.

ironic that the lad earning half a mill a year is interviewing a FAR better broadcaster than him who's doing fup all now.

Far better broadcaster, how come his show was pulled so?

And why is he doing "fup all" now.

Must be sommit under the radar:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

dunphy on his show now.

Very entertaining interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭goochy

thats 2nd time hes had noel edmonds on in recent mths but still ray makes remark about him as soon as hes finished . think he said still dont know what to male of him.
    hes so past remarkable. sure edmonds would say same about him!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

goochy wrote: »
    thats 2nd time hes had noel edmonds on in recent mths but still ray makes remark about him as soon as hes finished . think he said still dont know what to male of him.
    hes so past remarkable. sure edmonds would say same about him!

I remember the last time he was on Ray asked him, iirc, what had been the low point of his career. NE replied: 'This interview'!!! :):):)

I believe that one of the crew on the programme once worked with Noel Edmonds - guess that is why Ray has been able to have him
    on a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Johnny Logan on with Ray again. Ray has as high a rotation of guests as Mooney used to have.

why did an American woman start talking about her missing dog right on the middle of the man talking about wrecks, I was enjoying that?

• Advertisement

why did an American woman start talking about her missing dog right on the middle of the man talking about wrecks, I was enjoying that?

Probably because Ray has a dog so this story would interest him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement