Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

sudzs wrote: »
    Weils disease. :rolleyes:

Rats, you'd be wanting rats for that, afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,982 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

mice find motherboards comfortable and warm and p1ss on them....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,652 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Just as well the computers in the radio centre are in cupboards outside the actual studios then (or were). Although they can probably get in there too!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Dirty beasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

BarryD wrote: »
    Rats, you'd be wanting rats for that, afaik.

I was using poetic licence! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Ignorant prick of a Mayo fan on today who got the free ticket to this weekends game never even had the good grace to say thanks!

Managed to live up to the Mayo stereotype with his comments about Mayo & Dublin, but not a single word of gratitude to the Dub that gave him the highly sought after ticket. Hope he misses his bus down!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Ignorant prick of a Mayo fan on today who got the free ticket to this weekends game never even had the good grace to say thanks!

Managed to live up to the Mayo stereotype with his comments about Mayo & Dublin, but not a single word of gratitude to the Dub that gave him the highly sought after ticket. Hope he misses his bus down!

:P

Yes he was bit of an gimp in truth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

LiamoSail wrote: »

well they lost, if thats any consolation
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

philstar wrote: »
    well they lost, if thats any consolation
    :pac:

Delighted. He seemed the sort that would have been full of it when Mayo were leading. If say he was bitter as anything by the end.

Hope he missed his bus home

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭goochy

the mayo fella is a true gimp . hadnt balls to go to hill16 !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Is Ray from Kildare ?

That's KILDARE ???

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Is Ray from Kildare ?

That's KILDARE ???
    Glad that's been cleared up. I often wondered where he was from.

Mike Murphy. Another self centered pain in the hole.

he has done loads of things but got bored with everything after a while. pity the rest of us with our humble jobs

ray is from same town as jedward . enough said !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

goochy wrote: »
    the mayo fella is a true gimp . hadnt balls to go to hill16 !

I wouldn't blame him, I remember the old days ( and I say the old days as I haven't walked around that way since then maybe late 90's, coincidentally or not the last time Meath won, maybe it has changed since) even walking around the back of the Hill in my Meath jersey to get to the Cusack, some of those going into the Hill roaring savage abuse at everyone.

Tiny minority of Dublin fans of course and maybe every county has them too but I wouldn't fancy being stuck beside a gang of them for 70 minutes, no matter how much I wanted a ticket, I wouldn't feel safe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

sligojoek wrote: »

Must say, I always liked listening to Mike Murphy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

honeybear wrote: »
    Must say, I always liked listening to Mike Murphy.

Mike is a gent, there's no pleasing this forum whatsoever.
    I was only half listening but at one stage Ray kinda sighed in his usual way and Mike asked 'am I starting to bore you?'
    It must be a pain in the hole being interviewed by Ray and he sighing his way through it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I stayed in the car for ages listening to the end of Mike Murphy's interview.

Really enjoyed it, he has some great stories to tell about his broadcasting years. I'd love to hear that Greyhound jumping out of the Airplane story.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Anyone else notice that Nuacht has been moved to 4pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

sligojoek wrote: »

he's a decent old skin, used to love his candid camera back in the day

• Advertisement

The candid camera stuff was very good. He could be sound but I could never warm to him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Tompatrick

Mike is a gent, there's no pleasing this forum whatsoever.
    I was only half listening but at one stage Ray kinda sighed in his usual way and Mike asked 'am I starting to bore you?'
    It must be a pain in the hole being interviewed by Ray and he sighing his way through it

What did Ray say to that ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Tompatrick wrote: »
    What did Ray say to that ??

Somebody else might have hear better, as I said I had only half an ear on it.

Ray said something like 'no, God no, I was just thinking about what to ask you next,
    I was hoping MM would get thick with him, it's a terribly rude habit for a broadcaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I enjoyed the interview with Mike Murphy. Murphy didn't sound too annoyed when he said that in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Anyone else notice that Nuacht has been moved to 4pm?

Yeah, because Ray put his foot down and had it moved to then, fair play to him:P

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Somebody else might have hear better, as I said I had only half an ear on it.

Ray said something like 'no, God no, I was just thinking about what to ask you next,
    I was hoping MM would get thick with him, it's a terribly rude habit for a broadcaster.

He also asked Mike about playing senior cup rugby, for Terenure, I think, and immediately followed it by asking what height he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

goochy wrote: »
    he has done loads of things but got bored with everything after a while. pity the rest of us with our humble jobs

ray is from same town as jedward . enough said !

He always had good old RTE to fall back on/bail him out. same as Gay Byrne.
    Mike fancied himself as a property mogul for a while,that didn't end well.
    Hey presto he turns up on RTE doing a few interviews. Much like Gay Byrne did when he lost money.
    It's actually an extraordinary abuse by RTE.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't mind Mike but he always had a high opinion of himself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Tompatrick

He also asked Mike about playing senior cup rugby, for Terenure, I think, and immediately followed it by asking what height he was.

What is his obsession with height ??? He is pretty short himself I believe.

murphy had an affair with his younger producer on rte and ended up marrying her. he does sound quite smug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

He always had good old RTE to fall back on/bail him out. same as Gay Byrne.
    Mike fancied himself as a property mogul for a while,that didn't end well.
    Hey presto he turns up on RTE doing a few interviews. Much like Gay Byrne did when he lost money.
    It's actually an extraordinary abuse by RTE.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't mind Mike but he always had a high opinion of himself.
    It's not an abuse by RTÉ if Murphy is a good enough broadcaster to fill a slot well. It seems that there is a small pool of real talent available.

I was never a fan of Murphy, but I do recognise that he has a good voice for radio and is very able in a studio. He's a good deal better than D'arcy.

Today's piece was okay.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement