Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

digzy wrote: »
    jesus i heard that. ffs he's scraping the barrel now:rolleyes:

next up will be 'what's in rays head' quiz

That's a handy one, there is nothing in his head.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

digzy wrote: »
    next up will be 'what's in rays head' quiz

homer-brain.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Darcy loves putting the boot in to the government doesn't he ? with his snide comments and negative texts from disgruntled listeners......me thinks he over step the line a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Raymond Darcy

fryup wrote: »
    Darcy loves putting the boot in to the government doesn't he ? with his snide comments and negative texts from disgruntled listeners......me thinks he over step the line a bit

"Me thinks", how old are you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

fryup wrote: »

and for a man who said "i'll leave the country if enda kenny becomes taoiseach" its a bit rich

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

philstar wrote: »
    and for a man who said "i'll leave the country if enda kenny becomes taoiseach" its a bit rich

Given that the taxpayer is funding his way over-inflated salary under that same Taoiseach, Phil,it's more than rich, it's laughable .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

I have given ray a chance and my god i suffered,after the goings on about a mouse last week and then fapping over stamps was enough for me,the man would put you to sleep..

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

Given that the taxpayer is funding his way over-inflated salary under that same Taoiseach, Phil,it's more than rich, it's laughable .

Taxpayer and advertising revenue.

You know at the time I said "if that shower of wank3ers get in I'll eat my hat".
    1. I don't own a hat.
    2. It's a figure of speech, not meant to be taken literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

More Music wrote: »
    You know at the time I said "if that shower of wank3ers get in I'll eat my hat".
    1. I don't own a hat.

Shouldn't have admitted to that in this thread More Music... Every time you say anything now you'll be beaten with that! HOW DARE YOU HAVE ONCE USED HYPERBOLE TO EXPRESS YOUR OPINION YOU SWINE! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

More Music wrote: »
    Taxpayer and advertising revenue.

1. I don't own a hat.
    wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Shouldn't have admitted to that in this thread More Music... Every time you say anything now you'll be beaten with that! HOW DARE YOU HAVE ONCE USED HYPERBOLE TO EXPRESS YOUR OPINION YOU SWINE! :p

While I take your point about hyperbole I think it's fair to question Ray's motivations. I don't ever remember him being critical of Bertie Ahern, Brian Cowen or Fianna Faíl in the same way. Remember he was being critical about Kenny before he was even elected Taoiseach. He had him written off before he even had a chance.That to me is questionable to say the least.
    Ray is a light entertainment radio host and should really keep his political bias in check, especially now that he works for the state broadcaster.

• Advertisement

While I take your point about hyperbole I think it's fair to question Ray's motivations. I don't ever remember him being critical of Bertie Ahern, Brian Cowen or Fianna Faíl in the same way. Remember he was being critical about Kenny before he was even elected Taoiseach. He had him written off before he even had a chance.That to me is questionable to say the least.
    Ray is a light entertainment radio host and should really keep his political bias in check, especially now that he works for the state broadcaster.

Ray's motivation is pretty simple tbh. Say whatever it is that will resonate with the majority of the people listening at any given time.

During the Bertie years, very few people were criticising him, because the country was in boom, and people who were saying otherwise were branded as buzzkills by the average punter.

I'll admit I didn't listen that much during the Cowen era, but I remember him being pretty critical in 2010 anyway.

And with Kenny, he just jumped on the "They're all the same." bandwagon because it was pretty bloody obvious that the public were going boot FF out, FG would roll in on the crest of a wave, and then continue to implement the same policies of FF and then D'Arcy could to have been right all along.

Ray's motivation is pretty simple tbh. Say whatever it is that will resonate with the majority of the people listening at any given time.

During the Bertie years, very few people were criticising him, because the country was in boom, and people who were saying otherwise were branded as buzzkills by the average punter.

I'll admit I didn't listen that much during the Cowen era, but I remember him being pretty critical in 2010 anyway.

And with Kenny, he just jumped on the "They're all the same." bandwagon because it was pretty bloody obvious that the public were going boot FF out, FG would roll in on the crest of a wave, and then continue to implement the same policies of FF and then D'Arcy could to have been right all along.

So why are you being smart-arsed about people who bring this up? You try to belittle the opinions and comments of people here as that of a mob.I think we are agreed Ray actually panders to the mob in fact.
    He's hypocritical and now he's on the public payroll again, that's our business.

So why are you being smart-arsed about people who bring this up? You try to belittle the opinions and comments of people here as that of a mob.I think we are agreed Ray actually panders to the mob in fact.
    He's hypocritical and now he's on the public payroll again, that's our business.

Couple of reasons really.

1. People here bitch and moan about Ray's show being repetitive, yet trot out that same line about leaving the country over and over again.
    2. My second last post sums up what I think of the actual comment. It was hyperbolic, get over it.

And finally, and perhaps most importantly:

3. It amuses me to do so.

:P

Couple of reasons really.

1. People here bitch and moan about Ray's show being repetitive, yet trot out that same line about leaving the country over and over again.
    2. My second last post sums up what I think of the actual comment. It was hyperbolic, get over it.

And finally, and perhaps most importantly:

3. It amuses me to do so.

:P

well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Dr.Internet

It's ok for one lad to wear a dress but not the other guy to have long hair?

How to breathe can be added to porridge and running....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

that was a really nice version of "big in japan" by yer wan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Dead air Ray, dead air.

"It's one of those days". It's one of those days every day for you Ray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Nice one Ray ...

wtf was that ?? :O !!!

did he mess up like this on Today FM ?

• Advertisement

about 2 kids to late ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

The snip today.

Well how would you start that conservation with the father of your wife. Hey, wanna come for a pint, I want to ask you how potent your stiffy is after your vasectomy, I don't want your daughter to be disappointed in bed if I get it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

is tiny getting his balls chopped? or looking for a reason to preach about how people should have kids

Sounds like he is, he just asked there could he go run after it.

He'll probably do it live from the table when getting it done.

Some of the texters are some eejits though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Well how would you start that conservation with the father of your wife. Hey, wanna come for a pint, I want to ask you how potent your stiffy is after your vasectomy, I don't want your daughter to be disappointed in bed if I get it done.

thats punch in the face territory

I don't listen any more but come on here to have a laugh at the posts.

Did I hear right that D'Arcy is going to be on TV????

Hope he has Jenny and Will under his desk to chortle away ...that will be one show I will NOT be watching...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Ray should do a livestream of his "snip" operation on his new tv show, I'd say the ratings would be high for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

jesus could ray have been more contemptuous introducing the irish news reader just now ?

youve been sitting on your hole for an hour, the least ya could do was get the girls name right !

how the fup is this lad getting 500k a year ?

he's terribly unprofessional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

jesus could ray have been more contemptuous introducing the irish news reader just now ?

youve been sitting on your hole for an hour, the least ya could do was get the girls name right !

how the fup is this lad getting 500k a year ?

he's terribly unprofessional.

we will all be proved wrong on Sat night when his chat show turns out to be the greatest thing since......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement