Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,982 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

we will all be proved wrong on Sat night when his chat show turns out to be the greatest thing since......
    it's the gay byrne 2nd coming

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

The thing is.............will the show open with a sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

is it live? am thinking, no...imagine, he'd probably plug out the camera by mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Oh my God please tell me everyone heard this mornings gift grub about Darcys Saturday night show, it was complete and utter plagiarism of this and the last thread.

Absolutely outstanding from Rosenstock. It now all makes sense as to why they're running so many of his ads. Classic building him up for a fall.

Anyone who missed it do yourselves a favour and get it on the player.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,982 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Oh my God please tell me everyone heard this mornings gift grub about Darcys Saturday night show, it was complete and utter plagiarism of this and the last thread.

Absolutely outstanding from Rosenstock. It now all makes sense as to why they're running so many of his ads. Classic building him up for a fall.

ha ha ha heard it!!! "are you going to have a cup of tea after your vasectomy?" "no no no, caffeine, caffeine, the ruination of the country, a bowl of porridge, .........and a run home."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,652 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It now all makes sense as to why they're running so many of his ads. Classic building him up for a fall.

They're running them because RTE is paying for them - on Today and every other station in the country pretty much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Just turned over as I dont like the parenting slot on Moncrieff. Were they really doing a driving lesson live on air? What was the point.

What is the obsession with having all these things live on radio. anyone remember him trying to get a live birth on radio? I see they spoofed it on gift grub this morning with the live Vasectomy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

jez love youve no kids get over it.

is d'arcy doing the driving test again?

Edit: oh no I hear Fred Cooke

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ray - Get back to us when you've completed your 3 point turn or 18 point turn.

If it's an 18 point turn, Ray, you'd fail. It has to be an odd number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭PIORUN

that was spot on from Mario, form the sighing, the interrupting people just to get him own point across, the talking down of himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    Just turned over as I dont like the parenting slot on Moncrieff. Were they really doing a driving lesson live on air? What was the point.

What is the obsession with having all these things live on radio. anyone remember him trying to get a live birth on radio? I see they spoofed it on gift grub this morning with the live Vasectomy

i thought he got the live birth or at least someone having contarctions on teh way to the delivery room

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

PIORUN wrote: »
    that was spot on from Mario, form the sighing, the interrupting people just to get him own point across, the talking down of himself.

that was a brilliant Gift had him nailed spot on there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Ala comic book guy..............

BEST GIFT EVER !!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Unfortunate placement of the pause button is unfortunate. :D

363477.PNG

latest?cb=20130103091743

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

I missed that one.

just streamed it now, gas alright !

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

neris wrote: »
    i thought he got the live birth or at least someone having contarctions on teh way to the delivery room

Yea, I think they got the start of the birth but the child was uncooperative. Not sure if Ray was saying "Stop, stop eject.":D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

That gift grub this morning was no exaggeration, that IS him.Mario knows him down to a tee, I really enjoyed it.I must listen again:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Not a fan of Mario, but he got it spot on, very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

jimmyw wrote: »
    That gift grub this morning was no exaggeration, that IS him.Mario knows him down to a tee, I really enjoyed it.I must listen again:D

Mario knows him too well, turns out Tommy Tiernan is a guest on his show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

I suspect Tubridy reads this manual on how not to do talk radio thread. He was making a point this morning on his show and then said something about not pontificating. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Dubl07 wrote: »
    I suspect Tubridy reads this manual on how not to do talk radio thread. He was making a point this morning on his show and then said something about not pontificating. :D

About Darcy?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

About Darcy?

Tubridy is excellent in that slot, enthusiastic, bright, fast moving , interesting, streeeeeeeets ahead of what went on before in the 0900-1000 slot on R1

Ref. the pontificating issue it was about people buried into mobile devices in company, and he fessed up to being 'guilty ' of that charge too at times.

Very fair and appropriate comment I would have thought.

Edit
    Bollo.... Thought this was a 'Tubridy Thread' sorry.

Joe McCall should forget about singing and get a real job

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Tompatrick

Joe McCall should forget about singing and get a real job

What was he on about? Is he in xfactor or something ?

Tompatrick wrote: »
    What was he on about? Is he in xfactor or something ?

yes, he auditioned again this year after trying in 2012. Nice lad and a good voice but I cant see him packing out the O2 or whatever it's calling itself now...he and Kelly Mongan mcDonagh should start a band

yes, he auditioned again this year after trying in 2012. Nice lad and a good voice but I cant see him packing out the O2 or whatever it's calling itself now...he and Kelly Mongan mcDonagh should start a band

Lad has a lot of talent, went over the top on that Marvin Gaye number, but the lad has talent.

No mistake.

isn't Rick Stein one of jenny's no strings...she is very quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

You don't need to sell out venues to make a comfortable living from singing. Dude I know makes about 300 a week singing 2 nights in pubs at the weekend.

Writing someone off just because they're not a gigantic superstar is a bit silly. It must be paying the bills for him somehow if he's still doing it ten years on from You're A Star.

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    You don't need to sell out venues to make a comfortable living from singing. Dude I know makes about 300 a week singing 2 nights in pubs at the weekend.

Writing someone off just because they're not a gigantic superstar is a bit silly. It must be paying the bills for him somehow if he's still doing it ten years on from You're A Star.

Absolutely, Joe has talent, would have noo problem doing well .

Came across as an honest genuine dude too.

Give Donna a bit of a tip too:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement