Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

D'Arcy is now coordinating the Operation Transformation... After about two weeks of Ray preaching diet tips and jogging tips I'd say one of them will end up taking a shotgun to him..

Or they could just sit on him and make him suffer. Whatever happened to rays 1st weight lost project thatbloke from limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

SUGAR IS EVIL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Dubl07 wrote: »
    I can't believe the morons in RTE caved about Nuacht. Far, far, far better to have halted his poor excuse for a program at 3.30pm and put something decent on instead.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Was in Connemara two weeks ago - came across a sign for Casla. Ray has made it famous!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,356 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Did he just cut off An Nuacht half way through? I wasn't listening properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

Isn't Operation Transformation some kind of RTE radio poison chalice? It surfaced on the Mooney show a while back and whamo that show went west. Similarly the John Murray show carried this weighty burden to an untimely demise.

Today was the first time I've heard it on this show and to be fair Ray somehow managed to make it work and get the best out of his guests. I hope he can keep it interesting. The others who have tried have not done well.

I also wonder how Tubbs managed to avoid it. He must have some pretty good connections upstairs. I've never heard it on any of his shows but then I'm an infrequent listener there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 NewBoardie_01

ray has applied for jobs in the uk but they all said no

Ok folks, who is starting the petition to get Ray sent to the UK?

Ok folks, who is starting the petition to get Ray sent to the UK?

What's the point, he didn't go when he said he would after Enda Kenny won the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

What's the point, he didn't go when he said he would after Enda Kenny won the election.

:pac: :D;)

The recruiting execs in the UK googled D'arcy, found Boards and ran away at speed.

Dubl07 wrote: »
    :pac: :D;)

The recruiting execs in the UK googled D'arcy, found Boards and ran away at speed.

good good good, running, yes, yes. Now..............if you can just have some porridge and avoid the sugar yes yes we'll be ok.

Jenny, what button do i press now ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

Did he just cut off An Nuacht half way through? I wasn't listening properly.

You're not the only one. Most people don't really pay any attention to An Nuacht.

Anyway, he didn't cut it. It ended and he introduced sports news.

• Advertisement

More Music wrote: »
    You're not the only one. Most people don't really pay any attention to An Nuacht.

Anyway, he didn't cut it. It ended and he introduced sports news.

With extra running !

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

i see theres an article in teh indo where he said the wife picked the couch on his tv show. wonder where shed be in her professional life without ray giving her jobs and dragging her across stations with him

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

neris wrote: »
    i see theres an article in teh indo where he said the wife picked the couch on his tv show. wonder where shed be in her professional life without ray giving her jobs and dragging her across stations with him

In fairness to her, she was doing fine career wise before she hooked up with Ray.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Is this really Micheal D. on the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭baldbear

This is cringe. Pure small nation syndrome having the president on discussing the win. Has he nothing else to be at?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Is it really the president or is it Mario?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

snubbleste wrote: »
    Is this really Micheal D. on the show?

must be

great to have a president who knows his football

He follows Galway United don't ye know.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Jayz I though that was Oliver Callan, I just switched it on! ha ha it's real..... I think.

It is him.
    Why pick a €500k radio presenter ****ty show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

hearing ray darcy say "say hello to the president" has got to be one of the most surreal things ive heard on the aul radio in an age !

:D

baldbear wrote: »
    This is cringe. Pure small nation syndrome having the president on discussing the win. Has he nothing else to be at?
    Well no. He just sits there in a chair waiting waiting waiting

break out the single beer:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭baldbear

snubbleste wrote: »
    Well no. He just sits there in a chair waiting waiting waiting

And reading poetry of course.

this girl is not funny

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

I'm like this, and like this and like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

The Ireland - Holland game in 2001.

Rugby lad: It was 2-1...

Ray: No, no it was 1-1..... something about a draw being like a win....

Funny that, because it was a win actually, 1-0 to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Ray admission that he was a glass half empty type of person was funny...I always had him as a I cant even find a glass type of guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

jprboy wrote: »
    Funny that, because it was a win actually, 1-0 to Ireland.

I was listening as well.. I bl00dy knew it was 1-0... fekn D'Arcy wrong again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

baldbear wrote: »

Eh.. Breaking news...we are a small nation!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement