Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Expunge

Ok, Giles says "Liam knows more about it than I do"
    Great.
    So, all D'Arcy has to do is agree that the qualified Sound Op, who is most likely being paid anyway to be there, should take over the controls and make the Ray D'Arcy Show sound totally professional from that point of view.
    D'Arcy could be just like Giles in that respect.

The staffing in RTE is there for this not to be a problem. D'Arcy's own stubbornness and arrogance seems to be the problem here.
    It's unnecessary, that's all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

It seems somebody has added a couple of extra notes for Ray...

5HuLvY.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

We're sorry Jenny,did Ray run home yesterday with his confidence dented?. He snuck into work by the back door,first thing he said was a sigh,missed numerous ad links,bored the bejesus out of us about the cost of making copper coins,moaned about the cost of a €1.02 bowl of a soup and allegedly parachuted in his own team.

I think the 500k a year is enough padding to make sure it doesn't get dented. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Expunge

Gits_bone wrote: »
    I think the 500k a year is enough padding to make sure it doesn't get dented. ;)

RTE recently sent it's new chairman, Moya Doherty, into an Oireachtas Committee on Communications to start a new round of lobbying for the introduction of the Broadcasting Charge, with maybe a nice little increase to the cost of the current licence fee.

Comments like the above illustrate why RTE probably can't be trusted with public money and Ms. Doherty should be sent packing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Gits_bone wrote: »
    It's not about Ray D'arcy. It's about Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1. Why not set up a thread discussing your personal hatred for him? The levels of comments in here are borderline Youtube.

I don't have a personal hatred of him, and you'll never find any comments from me on items he has had on running.

You seem to have put him on a very high pedestal.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 30 Jack the Box

ThisRegard wrote: »
    A lot of them seem to have back trouble.

Well some are tall and some are very very tall....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I don't have a personal hatred of him, and you'll never find any comments from me on items he has had on running.

You seem to have put him on a very high pedestal.

Don't have him high on the pedal stool at all.

I love his show. He's himself. Listen to Ian Dempsey or Will Leahy. It's like they've read a book on "how to present on the radio".

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

Apparently the canteen has now rounded the soup up to 2 quid to help pay his wages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭radioland

Expunge wrote: »
    RTE recently sent it's new chairman, Moya Doherty, into an Oireachtas Committee on Communications to start a new round of lobbying for the introduction of the Broadcasting Charge, with maybe a nice little increase to the cost of the current licence fee.

Comments like the above illustrate why RTE probably can't be trusted with public money and Ms. Doherty should be sent packing.

I have no contact with rtebut to be fair to them Rte are not responsible for the possible introduction of a broadcasting charge . That's within the remit of the Government . Ms Doherty attended the committee solely in her role as chairman of a state body. As to why they've decided to pay Mr D'arcy - that's a commercial decision based on attracting a lot more than they'll spend - simple economics .

Are his bedsheets made of concrete?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Must be some lump of a kindle- sure it's not one of Del Boys mobile phones

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Darcy imposing his limited thinking on a population of 60 million now ...

He's so parochial

• Site Banned Posts: 30 Jack the Box

First 5 mins - "moan moan hate technology moan moan Tom and Kate moan moan rugby moan moan kids names moan moan"

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

this is brutal

Derek Mooney was a superior and more interesting broadcaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

God he sounds bored.he was never this bad on today fm .off to moncrieff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Expunge wrote: »

I'd be interested to see a link to that, I've seen nothing to indicate that the Broadcasting Charge would be higher than the current License Fee, yet I've seen plenty to indicate that it would be lower than the current charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

Don't think he could make it any more painful to listen to if he tried.

Ray appears disinterested and burned out. It could be a podcast from anytime in the last 5 years.

truly sad

my friend wrote: »
    Ray appears disinterested and burned out. It could be a podcast from anytime in the last 5 years.

truly sad

Coincidentally, this guest sounds lively, enthusiastic, engaged , and enjoying herself. Living in Canada probably helps though

• Advertisement

Emma fell asleep listening to Ray framing his boring questions

Coincidentally, this guest sounds lively, enthusiastic, engaged , and enjoying herself. Living in Canada probably helps though

til someone hit the wrong button and hung up on her

Oh dear god..

Oh dear god..

It's a train wreck

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

is that dr pixie??

no, some lady that has kids with her partner, that were donated in Canada

am not sure why she is on
    Lesbian relationship
    Living in Canada
    Kids through donor
    There may have been mention of a book

the Irish Sandi Toksviq

D'Arcy seems very uncomfortable with giving up a couple of minutes to the Nuacht

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

It's Emma Donoghue. She's a fantastic writer.

Her best selling book 'Room' has been made into a film so I presume she's on the promotional trail for the movie. She also has a new book out - Frog Song.

She's great craic and an excellent writer.

Ray is making a hames of interview though.

D'Arcy seems very uncomfortable with giving up a couple of minutes to the Nuacht

Her comment about her Irish language skills were quick witted and funny. Maybe Ray could pick up a few pointers about what makes lively, enjoyable radio

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement