Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

neris wrote: »
    humility would be ray coming on air today and saying he made a balls of the interview on saturday or apologise for his crass interview technique.

Word in RTE is that Ray is raging over Mario Rosentocks portrayal of him on his show last night

That and the failing TV show equals a no show

Fair play to Catherine Thomas for jumping in today, enjoyed the show today, she's perfect for that hour, doesn't pretend to know everything and therefore asks the right questions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

humility would be ray coming on air today and saying he made a balls of the interview on saturday or apologise for his crass interview technique.

He spent years taking the piss out of Jerry Seinfeld for the disastrous interview they did, what he didn't realise and what none of his 'fans' ever bothered to text in was that it was his own fault.
    I haven't seen the Pammy interview and to be honest it sounds like it would be too embarrassing to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

From The Irish Catholic

http://www.irishcatholic.ie/article/perils-technology-all-see

Ray D’Arcy’s boiling blood

As bizarre in its own way was Ray D’Arcy’s claim on Tuesday, November 3, that his “blood was boiling watching David Quinn” on the previous evening’s Clare Byrne Live. Sneering that The Irish Catholic columnist is good at “spitting out statistics”, he asserted that he typically goes unchallenged.

This would have been news to Mr Quinn, or indeed anyone familiar with the Irish media as a whole, but perhaps what Zig and Zag’s one-time straight man meant is that The Iona Institute’s director has a grasp of the facts that’s rarely bettered by the secular puppets who too often serve as talking heads in national discourse.
    - See more at: http://www.irishcatholic.ie/article/perils-technology-all-see#sthash.Ua46bwr5.dpuf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

my friend wrote: »
    Word in RTE is that Ray is raging over Mario Rosentocks portrayal of him on his show last night

That and the failing TV show equals a no show

Fair play to Catherine Thomas for jumping in today, enjoyed the show today, she's perfect for that hour, doesn't pretend to know everything and therefore asks the right questions

Republic of telly just took the p1ss out of him too. Poor Ray will probably complain to the DG that he's being bullied!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I just can't warm to Kathryn at all, she just doesn't come across as likeable or genuine.

What was she thinking at the start of today's show going straight into some bimbo nonsense about X Factor????

She's not really appealing to the typical Radio 1 listener with this drivel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Republic of telly just took the p1ss out of him too. Poor Ray will probably complain to the DG that he's being bullied!

Doesn't seem to be on the player yet. How long before they put it up,and moany hole complains and they take it down again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

padd b1975 wrote: »
    I just can't warm to Kathryn at all, she just doesn't come across as likeable or genuine.

What was she thinking at the start of today's show going straight into some bimbo nonsense about X Factor????

She's not really appealing to the typical Radio 1 listener with this drivel.

Absolutely was said here before, she never stops going on about this rubbish.

She's a tad long in the tooth for that shoite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Doesn't seem to be on the player yet. How long before they put it up,and moany hole complains and they take it down again ?
    He's probably off trying to "run off" the embarrassment , after all running is the solution to all the worlds problems , don't you know .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Absolutely was said here before, she never stops going on about this rubbish.

She's a tad long in the tooth for that shoite.

Not to mention most of her listeners......

An item on "when live TV/radio goes wrong" has potentially some entertainment value, no dice though.
    The talk was swiftly moved back onto matters Kathryn!

What exactly was Will Leahy's brief??

I had moved to Newstalk before he had done anything of note.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

anyone that listens to him , report if their is a mention of his Saturday night show, as I am sick of listening to him already !! off to newstalk with me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

2smiggy wrote: »
    anyone that listens to him , report if their is a mention of his Saturday night show, as I am sick of listening to him already !! off to newstalk with me

"Don't mention the war", seems to be the way they are going to deal with that interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

What happened in the interview? I cannot listen to the link above as have no speakers at work

gimmick wrote: »
    What happened in the interview? I cannot listen to the link above as have no speakers at work

The little guy interviewed Pamela Anderson in a manner that Bernard Manning would have found offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

He did mention the saturday show. He started off with his usual Ireland is a small country. Said he met a guy in a shop whose mother won the money on the Saturday night show. The money had done her a load of good. Thats all he said about the show.

Its kinda deflecting the criticism to show that someone benefited from his show

Paul McGrath on speed dial again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

jesus rays beings SO PC today he may actually disapper up his own hole !

:D

just listen to this bit on yer wans mate with "objectionable views".

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

"Some people are chameleon like, in that they change their opinions depending on who they are talking to".

Says the man who used to have a lot of negative things to say about RTE when HE was hanging out with different friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭robo

Well Mr D'arcy, its not going away you know - oops

What do they say...all publicity is good publicity :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Brian Scan wrote: »
    The little guy interviewed Pamela Anderson in a manner that Bernard Manning would have found offensive.

The difference being that Manning would have gotten away with it. He had style and class.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Ray has really upped his fake laugh and feigned interest today

• Advertisement

robo wrote: »
    Well Mr D'arcy, its not going away you know - oops

What do they say...all publicity is good publicity :rolleyes:

I wouldn't have such an issue if he was actually talented and conducted a very good interview, with the few bad remarks, but he had nothing at all to offer. Plain snide and malicious remarks. It's a combination of him not being able to do a simple interview, as well as ridiculing a guest for no reason other than he wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm usually not one to enjoy swipes at D'Arcy by the likes of Republic of Telly, Savage Eye, etc, but have to say, Mario's pisstake of Blackboard Jungle was brilliant.

Naivete would be any of us expecting him to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

walshb wrote: »
    I wouldn't have such an issue if he was actually talented and conducted a very good interview, with the few bad remarks, but he had nothing at all to offer. Plain snide and malicious remarks. It's a combination of him not being able to do a simple interview, as well as ridiculing a guest for no reason other than he wanted to.

In fairness apart from the snide remarks he did come out with 'It must be mad being Pamela Anderson?!' and got her to make a balloon animal.

Wages earned imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

walshb wrote: »
    The difference being that Manning would have gotten away with it. He had style and class.
    No he didn't. He was obnoxious. It was just that he had an audience of knuckle-draggers who were up for that sort of thing.

Such audiences are difficult to find in Ireland today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

This Operation Transformation stuff is awful in a countless number of ways.

No he didn't. He was obnoxious. It was just that he had an audience of knuckle-draggers who were up for that sort of thing.

Such audiences are difficult to find in Ireland today.

Get out of it. Manning was in a much earlier era. He was controversial, but had some style. Genius stand up! Best teller of a joke I have heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

In fairness apart from the snide remarks he did come out with 'It must be mad being Pamela Anderson?!' and got her to make a balloon animal.

Wages earned imo.

Today, he said it must be mad being Michael D Higgins. Should reintroduce 'How Mad Is That?' and give all these people a Bobble-Head Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Pat is a gas man

• Advertisement

liam7831 wrote: »
    Pat is a gas man
    It must be mad being Pat Shortt.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement