Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Looks like there could be another car crash interview on the way.

http://www.balls.ie/mma/cathal-pendred-ray-darcy-show-rematch/317408

They should follow this up with an interview with Jerry Seinfeld

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Is he just being sold as a car crash now? Is that RTE's plan? Ratings regardless of the motives for watching it? I know ratings are King, but as the state broadcaster surely they should be aiming for something more substantial that click bait style interviews? It's like they're going out of their way to set up disaster interviews.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

What's with all this Christmas stuff from Darcy the atheist?

Hypocrite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Is Gay a swinger ?

"There's nothing like Gay to find a good thing and ride it until the end of its life".............that's an awful way to talk about his wife, no wonder the keys are in the bowl

• Advertisement

What the fûck is with RTE heads making outrageous and incorrect claims about stuff and going unchallenged???

Darcy just claimed, 'there's nathin like the late late toy show in the world'

The lad mustn't get out much

Ray asking Gay Byrne for advice on how to handle failure

So Ray is looking to blame his failings on Twitter and 'the era of Twitter'

It's brilliant that the real public can use Twitter to expose Darcy for what he is as opposed to Ray selectively reading favourable texts of his choosing

Slightly ironic to hear ray say "where's the fun in that"

Paul Costelloe frying and flipping Ray

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

ray asking eileen about the selection boxes..can imagine the fun that will be the selection boxes in Darcys house tonight. Packet of porridge, bags of mixed nuts, orange & a few grapes and a bottle of water... no freshly squeezed juice drink coz the orange and grapes will be enough sugar ..............

guess rays not liking this black friday thing

neris wrote: »
    guess rays not liking this black friday thing

Ray: 'we watch a movie on APPLE TV every Friday night'

Guess he's selective about his materialism

my friend wrote: »
    What's with all this Christmas stuff from Darcy the atheist?

Hypocrite

Kind of like the time he wanted to take Good Friday off.

Also glad to hear Rays timekeeping for An Nuacht is as consistent as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Is Gay a swinger ?

No, but Kathleen is.

Swinger?......Oops, thought you meant swigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,336 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Off again, well for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Another week off.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

sligojoek wrote: »
    Another week off.

I'd love if Today FM resurrected recordings of Ray on his soapbox moaning about the pay the likes of Duffy and Kenny got and the amount of holidays they took.

Does Tubridy get a day off from his radio show for doing his tv show on a Friday?

The should just rebrand it The Ray D'arcy show Tuesday to Fridays at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'd say he's probably doing some extra tv work for RTE.

Some cheery documentary no doubt. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Probably the New Years Eve celebrations

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

No I'd say it was more like:

Jenny: "Ray, it's time to get up out of bed, your porridge is going cold".
    Ray: "*sigh* Haaaaaaaaaa. No not getting up, Mario was right. Buzzkill D'Arcy, that's me. No good, never will be".
    Jenny: "Oh come on Ray, not this sh1te again.".
    Ray: "Ah but you seeee, I'm right though. I'm staying in bed. Now where's that light switch til I turn it off. Why's that not working".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Yeah , he'd spend the evening reminding everyone they had to be up on New Year's Day at 8am for a New Years jog , utter buzz-killer this guy. Mario has him down to a tee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

No I'd say it was more like:

Jenny: "Ray, it's time to get up out of bed, your porridge is going cold".
    Ray: "*sigh* Haaaaaaaaaa. No not getting up, Mario was right. Buzzkill D'Arcy, that's me. No good, never will be".
    Jenny: "Oh come on Ray, not this sh1te again.".
    Ray: "Ah but you seeee, I'm right though. I'm staying in bed. Now where's that light switch til I turn it off. Why's that not working".

Jenny: That's the switch of my vibr eh go to sleep Ray.

Only just seen Marios show from last night on the player.

BEST RAY EVER!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Only just seen Marios show from last night on the player.

BEST RAY EVER!!
    How far in is it, roughly?

36 mins.

Buzzkill D'arcy succeeded in getting Nuacht dropped, certain management in RTE actively sought out and hired Buzkill D'arcy and the same guys have very precious egos

RTE management at the highest level have done everything to accommodate Ray since his return to Montrose

Thing is will the RTE gimps that hired him now do the necessary and throw buzzkill D'arcy under the bus or will they continue to punish the license paying public by imposing this talentless energy vampire upon us despite the fact he has clearly been a failure?

I ask facetiously as its RTE and our license fee cash which fund them but surely there are ratings clauses written into his contract?

my friend wrote: »
    Buzzkill D'arcy succeeded in getting Nuacht dropped, certain management in RTE actively sought out and hired Buzkill D'arcy and the same guys have very precious egos

RTE management at the highest level have done everything to accommodate Ray since his return to Montrose

Thing is will the RTE gimps that hired him now do the necessary and throw buzzkill D'arcy under the bus or will they continue to punish the license paying public by imposing this talentless energy vampire upon us despite the fact he has clearly been a failure?

I ask facetiously as its RTE and our license fee cash which fund them but surely there are ratings clauses written into his contract?

Dont forget Ray also his lecturing to fat people show on how they should eat porridge and run operation transformation gig to get through aswell. doubt he,ll be under a bus anytime soon. unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Anyone under the illusion that D'Arcy is in any danger is deluded. His radio figures were up, he'll get at least 3 series of his TV show to bed in before any decision would be made unless figures nosedive (which they won't because people are habitual).

Plus, I think those of you complaining about the holidays are just jealous. I mean, I think they're abhorrent too, but if I got a job in RTE tomorrow morning, you better believe I'd be taking full advantage of them. Blame the system that's exploitable, not the person who exploits it IMO.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement