Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,654 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Is not being able to use the equipment a joke he is having with listeners or does he actually not know how to use the equipment even after all this time ?

When TodayFM moved from Abbey Street he went to crap and hasn't figured out anything 'new' since.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

"you know the big advantage of being in RTE?"

I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that you havent been in two out of the last three Mondays

• Registered Users Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that you havent been in two out of the last three Mondays

And himself and his missus earn around €500k a year from RTE?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

you get loadsa money for doing little work

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

i must be getting old cause while i could always give or take him the last few weeks ive found him an insufferable PC bore.

only real joy now is texters ripping the piss out of him and he not even having the self awareness to realise it.

between him and moncreif this slot is a wasteland of unbearable smugness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

i cant stand this guy, but bizarrely I find myself listening to at least part of the show most days. Is it possible he is so bad, that he's good?
    Todays show was priceless. He predictably started one of his rants about the Primetime show last night, about how we were " promised new politics, and no more of the jobs for the boys etc ". He obviously didnt see the irony in ensuring his wife ( and others) i think, moved from Today FM to RTE with him. Or the slight hypocrisy of RTE trumeting the nasty County councillors who did some of their sneaky deals behind closed doors? A bit like the way RTE refuses to discuss the financial arrangements they have with their big stars, who they over pay with OUR money
    Like I said, its just so bad, its good

Then today, he does that thing again 'are we back on air'????
    he had been yapping away during the break.
    Like...how hard is it to keep up for the hour and a half your show is on the air.

between him and moncreif this slot is a wasteland of unbearable smugness.

Yeah i was thinking about that as well. I think the greatest asset that D'Arcy has is having Moncreiff on the other station at the same time. I find Moncreiff unbearable, right from the start with the brass section and his smarmy / facetious / sarcastic "It's being reported today" nonsense.

However, the people that like Moncreiff seem to be dedicated fans, so he will always retain that certain percentage that do like him. But this leaves quite a substantial part of the listenship, who cannot stand Moncreiff, who will always float towards RTE. (even if they dont necessarily like D'Arcy).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I don't listen to much radio after 3.00 due to having other people in the car, starting stopping and getting in and out etc. I find Moncrieff okay but his constant aaaah aaaah aaaam aaaaam very annoying. I prefer to stick on a few mp3s from the phone.

Buzz Kill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Well Ray, if you're on half a million euro per year, and your wife is on an inflated salary for being your producer (all footed by the taxpayer); then an increase in the price of beer, wine and spirits will mean absolutely feck all to you..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

an orangutan would have more tact and finesse doing an interview

Ray's persecution of "Catholic" schools continues........

I cant imagine Joe Duffy is impressed with Ray D'Arcy taking his liveline ball and running with it, so to speak. It seems Ray thinks that Liveline is a little prelude to his own show, where the plebs get to air their (obviously wrong) opinions, before Buzkill himself pontificates to them about why they are wrong in what they said.

It would be like Ronan Collins coming on after Sean O'Rourke and saying "Early lunchtime music on Radio One, with Lyin Eyes especially for the Sinn Fein representative on the previous broadcast"

I cant imagine Joe Duffy is impressed with Ray D'Arcy taking his liveline ball and running with it, so to speak. It seems Ray thinks that Liveline is a little prelude to his own show, where the plebs get to air their (obviously wrong) opinions, before Buzkill himself pontificates to them about why they are wrong in what they said.

It would be like Ronan Collins coming on after Sean O'Rourke and saying "Early lunchtime music on Radio One, with Lyin Eyes especially for the Sinn Fein representative on the previous broadcast"

The irony being that Ray ripped the piss out of Joe Duffy and Liveline when he was with Today FM. Strange to hear Ray paying so much respect to the Duffemister now during their handover. The hypocrisy of our broadcasters knows no bounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

sligojoek wrote: »
    I don't listen to much radio after 3.00 due to having other people in the car, starting stopping and getting in and out etc. I find Moncrieff okay but his constant aaaah aaaah aaaam aaaaam very annoying. I prefer to stick on a few mp3s from the phone.

do you leave the gang in the car/van when you go get your hair cut?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

do you leave the gang in the car/van when you go get your hair cut?
    Those wheel nuts won't check themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Horse84

One complainant said the tone and the manner in which the interview was conducted by the presenter lacked fairness, objectivity and impartiality.

Sounds like a typical self opinionated after noon rte interviewing/pontificating/speaking down kinda interview

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

neris wrote: »
    Sounds like a typical self opinionated after noon rte interviewing/pontificating/speaking down kinda interview

Unashamed circle-jerk between two humourless know-alls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Classic Ray today batin the computer keys, and saying he is a killjoy for agreeing with the minimum pricing on alcohol, he has got to be playing up the Buzzkill at this stage.

no indoor jaxes?

jaysus ray its worse that that here, poor aul dennis o brien doesnt even have a kitchen to his name !

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Who TF calls the key to what sweet is what, the map?

Interesting speech from Senator Jim Walsh.

http://www.newstalk.com/RTE-dismantled-licence-fee-Senator-Jim-Walsh-abortion-Ray-DArcy

He was bang on about Colm O'Gorman and D'arcy's cosy little chats. Absolutely no balance, and none of the usual interrupting, sighing, and "ah but you see" that you would get from D'Arcy is somebody is saying something that he doesn't agree with.

Senator Walsh also has a right go at "presenters who are on 400k to 450k for jobs that really dont require a great deal of qualifications". Couldn't possibly think of who he was having a go at there. :pac:

Interesting speech from Senator Jim Walsh.

http://www.newstalk.com/RTE-dismantled-licence-fee-Senator-Jim-Walsh-abortion-Ray-DArcy

He was bang on about Colm O'Gorman and D'arcy's cosy little chats. Absolutely no balance, and none of the usual interrupting, sighing, and "ah but you see" that you would get from D'Arcy is somebody is saying something that he doesn't agree with.

Senator Walsh also has a right go at "presenters who are on 400k to 450k for jobs that really dont require a great deal of qualifications". Couldn't possibly think of who he was having a go at there. :pac:

go on go on, have a think, so to speak

"well it - haaaas- to be said, or so im told !"

:D

The irony being that Ray ripped the piss out of Joe Duffy and Liveline when he was with Today FM. Strange to hear Ray paying so much respect to the Duffemister now during their handover. The hypocrisy of our broadcasters knows no bounds.

Whatever about listening to what D'arcy says about Duffy, I would love to be a fly on the inside of Joe's Rolls Royce windscreen as he heads back to Duffy Towers listening to The Ray D'Arcy Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Classic Ray today batin the computer keys, and saying he is a killjoy for agreeing with the minimum pricing on alcohol, he has got to be playing up the Buzzkill at this stage.

I sent in a text about the cheap beer in spain & yes ur a killjoy at the end & only when he read it out, i should have put in buzzkill instead, although i dont think that would push his button, since he doesn't know how to do it himself :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

With the Christmas show coming up, I would say Ray is going through his normal Christmas show check list.

- Lots of sad stories.
    - Andrew Maxwell dressed up as a elf
    - Grandma got knocked down by reindeer song
    -Eating on the radio
    -Kate and Tom to get mention/say something on the radio
    - Little star competition (or whatever its called, when they get a child to describe something associated with Christmas...its never a crib though).
    -Referring to Christmas songs on a grading scale of Baublers.

Anything else I am missing out on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

He'll surely mention his stuffing recipe at some point.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement