Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox to vga

• 18-01-2015 12:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if any if you guys could recommend a good one of these,
    the one I have doesn't seem to put any picture it onto my vga monitor.just a cheap one off eBay.
    So if any of you know a decent one that week work
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Just wondering if any if you guys could recommend a good one of these,
    the one I have doesn't seem to put any picture it onto my vga monitor.just a cheap one off eBay.
    So if any of you know a decent one that week work
    Cheers

Original Xbox or Xbox 360?

Xbox 360 - I'd try and find a genuine one secondhand off fleebay. I bought an el-cheapo from eBay before and the signal quality was bad enough that I went and bought an genuine cable instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

it's an original xbox that I might use in my bartop,or my jamma it into my Blast city as I can't get any sound or buttons working on the multi pcb I have

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭smliv

To get vga from original xbox you'll need to tsop flash it or get a modchip with a vga bios on it . Or boot from frostys vga boot disk. You'll also need it region switched to ntsc and you'll need a cable with a sync separator in it to get the hsync and vsync signals. If your going to make a cable you have to use the 5v out pin (xbox avip) to power lm1881 and the 5v return on the Gnd of the chip the other ground points wont work and sync separator wont work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

smliv wrote:
    To get vga from original xbox you'll need to tsop flash it or get a modchip with a vga bios on it . Or boot from frostys vga boot disk. You'll also need it region switched to ntsc and you'll need a cable with a sync separator in it to get the hsync and vsync signals. If your going to make a cable you have to use the 5v out pin (xbox avip) to power lm1881 and the 5v return on the Gnd of the chip the other ground points wont work and sync separator wont work.

**** that to much work involved for me haha

Advertisement