Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dvd drive not working

Options
  • 18-01-2015 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Popped a blu ray into my laptop tonight and it wont play it, its capable and all but nothing happens. My other half said it was playing music cds the other day also. When I put it in it loads a bit , the name of the film appears on the cd:drive icon and says its a udf. Its driving me crazy that it wont play , ive also tried it using dvd but same thing happens. Any help would be grateful as I would like to watch the film tonight

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,687 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Has it ever played a DVD or Blu Ray before? Does the drive have DVD and/or Blu Ray on the front of it? How old is the drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Has it ever played a DVD or Blu Ray before? Does the drive have DVD and/or Blu Ray on the front of it? How old is the drive?

Yes it's played many dvds and Blu rays and is only 2 years old, Sony Vaio

Advertisement