Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Garda arrested re: drugs activity!!!

Options
  • 18-01-2015 2:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Anybody got the 'heads up' on what happened here??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Ham Sambo wrote: »
    Anybody got the 'heads up' on what happened here??

She was arrested along with someone else, and been held in Sligo Barracks. That's pretty much what all the articles are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

got word from a local garda who she is but can't put it up here for obvious reasons. think it's common enough knowledge in town at this stage. she's been released without charge while a file against her is prepared. i'd guess it's really a case of if found guilty whether she gets a custodial sentence, her time in the force would be over of course either way if found guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

She's a Garda based in Dublin, if true lock her up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭SPM1959

billie1b wrote: »
    She's a Garda based in Dublin, if true lock her up

is she based in Dublin but originally from Sligo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

SPM1959 wrote: »
    is she based in Dublin but originally from Sligo?

Thats what i'm led to believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

billie1b wrote: »
    Thats what i'm led to believe

yes she's from Sligo but was working in Dublin, as reported in the media. if found guilty I hope she has the book thrown at her

• Registered Users Posts: 51,920 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Fair play to the garda for catching one of their own if shes guilty.
    Bad apples being weeded out is good to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭SPM1959

Shocking, if guilty.

From Sligo, based in dublin, questioned in Ballymote.

If released without charge though, why is a file still sent to the DPP?

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    From Sligo, based in dublin, questioned in Ballymote.

If released without charge though, why is a file still sent to the DPP?

So that the Director of Public Prosecutions can direct what charges to make, if any at all.

• Advertisement

So that the Director of Public Prosecutions can direct what charges to make, if any at all.

So she, or anyone else who is released without charge, can still be charged, even though they have been released. Not just talking about this case, but in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

I'm pretty sure of the gang involved. Dont think I know her though. Good to see cops clearing up the mess. And that she has plenty of time to contemplate what she has done.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

So she, or anyone else who is released without charge, can still be charged, even though they have been released. Not just talking about this case, but in general.

I believe so, depending on her level of involvement or any persons level of involvement in a crime. I would check online sources for more credibility and with the lads in the legal discussion forum for more clarity and not just taking my word for it.

Yes.
    The DPP reads the evidence supplied by the garda and then decides what charges, if any, should be brought against her. She can the be re-arrested for the purpose of charging.
    That's the way i believe it happens.

Advertisement