Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carvery on a Saturday in the city centre?

Options
  • 18-01-2015 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I'm hoping to find somewhere good to have a carvery meal in the city centre on a Saturday, any recommendations? I believe O'Neill's is good, I have also heard good things about Sinnott's but I am not sure if they do the carvery at the weekend.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

I'm hoping to find somewhere good to have a carvery meal in the city centre on a Saturday, any recommendations? I believe O'Neill's is good, I have also heard good things about Sinnott's but I am not sure if they do the carvery at the weekend.
    Thanks

O'Neill's is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Thanks

O'Neill's is unreal. I'd highly recommend them. Food is lovely and you get loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Thanks

They don't.

I'm not a big fan of carvery but you won't be hungry leaving O' Neill's/

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

I have to say I am always surprised by the amount of people that think ONeills is great for carvery

Is is just because the portions are on the large side of massive?

I always found it very average - plus they do not have the option of chips instead of potatoes/vege unless you are happy to pay 3.50 extra

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I have to say I am always surprised by the amount of people that think ONeills is great for carvery

No.

Friendly staff
    Nice atmosphere
    Cheap for the location
    The location
    They serve during the day and evening
    Food is always nice
    Etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I always found it very average - plus they do not have the option of chips instead of potatoes/vege unless you are happy to pay 3.50 extra

All carveries are average. It's where you bring your mammy for her dinner. You don't go to a carvery for a gourmet experience and if you expect it you're deluding yourself.

O' Neill's provides a substantial feed in a good location.

Advertisement