Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumping xmas trees at Mount Anville

Options
  • 18-01-2015 11:55am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I seen the rather large signs before Christmas saying they would not be taking christmas trees at the service yard at Mount Anville.

Yet still the place was flooded with them, they had blocked the road one night due to the wind, people had to walk out into traffic to get around them.

The council cleared it up and put up a bigger sign. 24 hours later there was a further 60 trees.

Are the Gardai investigating this? Are there cameras there? Shocking behaviour, both dangerous and illegal.

Rant over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,077 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Lazy fools, the Council closed that yard several years ago. Would people drive down a one way street just because it used to be two way?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

CramCycle wrote: »
    I seen the rather large signs before Christmas saying they would not be taking christmas trees at the service yard at Mount Anville.

Yet still the place was flooded with them, they had blocked the road one night due to the wind, people had to walk out into traffic to get around them.

The council cleared it up and put up a bigger sign. 24 hours later there was a further 60 trees.

Are the Gardai investigating this? Are there cameras there? Shocking behaviour, both dangerous and illegal.

Rant over.

The moral of the story is sadly that some people are assholes who take no personal responsibility for anything they do.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

The moral of the story is sadly that some people are assholes who take no personal responsibility for anything they do.

True, I really was hoping that the Council had cameras up there (I am pretty sure they don't) and they were going to go to the Gardai to fine all those who dumped there with a littering fine but as per usual, everyone knows they will get away with it so no one who does it cares.

Even seen a car pulling into dump a tree, up on the pavement so the Father and Pram had to walk out on the road for longer not only to go around the trees but also the car that had mounted the pavement. Not even dark at the time.

Advertisement