Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

miscarriage question

Options
  • 18-01-2015 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hope someone can help me. I am having a miscarriage at the minute. I am ten weeks pregnant but baby stopped growing at 6+3. Hospital said I might miscarry on my own or if not come back next week for a d and c. The thing is I started bleeding Fri night and have been since on and off. It'd just like a period though not too heavy and no pains or cramps. Do you think I will still need a d and c or will the bleeding get heavier and more painful over the next few days. I'm back to work tomorrow and scared in case it becomes painful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Wholeheartedly

No advice, but just wanted to say I am so sorry for your loss. You poor thing. Look after yourself. And maybe try take the day off work tomorrow either way, give yourself some time. X

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Sorry for your loss random.

Unfortunately I think miscarriages are different for every woman, like periods and pregnancies I suppose. With mine, I had a lot of cramping in the days before the bleeding started. I also passed a lot of clots(sorry if tmi). First few days were quite painful but then tapered off to period like bleeding which gradually lessened over a week or two. Mine was at about 7 weeks. I didn't need a d and c but my bloods were monitored over a week or so to make sure the hcg levels had dropped. I was told to contact the hospital if there was any fever or vomiting or excessive pain or passing anything larger than a plum.

It's an awful time. Take care x

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

Sorry for your loss xxx.
    You'll need to go for a scan to make sure everything is gone. I found out at 11 weeks our baby stopped at 7 so was booked in for a d&c 10 days later. I started bleeding the night before I went in but they still did it anyway to ensure there was nothing left behind.

Don't go to work tomorrow, take yourself back into the hospital or even ring them and see what they say. Rest up, use a hot water bottle if you have any cramps and maybe a bath too.
    I found the d&c pretty horrible so if you can avoid it, do.

Take care of yourself most importantly and take the time you need to grieve. It's a pretty ****ty time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sadie89

I'm so sorry you are going through this, I had found out 2 weeks ago I was miscarrying and was given tablets to take to pass the remainder of the pregnancy unfortunately it didn't work and I had a d&c on Friday. If I could go back in time I wouldn't of bothered wit the tablets it was ten days of just hanging around waiting on something to happen. Definitely take some time off work for yourself it's an emotional roll coaster going through a miscarriage. Take care of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭random10

I passed everything today. I had painful cramps for about four hours and then a big blob came out. Since then I've been ok mild cramps. So you think I should ring hospital for an appointment to see if everything passed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 sadie89

random10 wrote: »
    I passed everything today. I had painful cramps for about four hours and then a big blob came out. Since then I've been ok mild cramps. So you think I should ring hospital for an appointment to see if everything passed?

I thought I had passed it all to as I had very heavy bleeding and cramps but when they scanned me there was still a lot there so definitely go back to get a scan asap

Yes you will need to ring them and go for a scan to make sure everything's clear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are gong through this, the first time it happened to me I thought I could get through it without having to go back to the hospital, but I ended up in anyway, I can only advise you to go back make sure all is well, it's safer and the more sensible option,

Also, can I recommend you take time to digest it and try if you can to take a little time off from work. Look after yourself and make sure your other half is involved,

It's not a nice thing to go through, mind yourself tho,

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭random10

Thank you all. Will ring hospital tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

I wish I could hug you.

• Advertisement

Depending on what area you're in, it might take a week or so too so be prepared for that. We found out at a private scan on a Saturday, had one to confirm the miscarriage the following Tuesday and had d&c the following Tuesday.

If I were you I'd be taking the week off work, you need to allow yourself some time and maybe even see about some counselling if you want to.

PM me if you want to talk or anything xx

Advertisement