Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P90 TM or G&G?

Options
  • 18-01-2015 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

I want to buy a p90 but I'm confused as to which one to get.

I was always lead to believe that TM was the rolls royce but G&G have definitely made a name for themselves with quality internals and overall build that could give TM a run for their money.

I was looking on airsofteire and see that the TM is cheaper so this leads me to believe the g&g might be better?
    I heard the internals are a carbon copy as well.

Anybody here have experience with both?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Personally the TM wins hand down for me the internals are bullet proof I've always founds g&g a tad bit of a let down motors are pretty weak for my liking ,
    Just because something is cheaper doesn't nessescary mean it's not on par if not better than the more expensive one ,

Biggest regret in airsoft selling my tm p90

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Harvey12

i've had a g&g for about 2 years or so and it has never let me down. great build quality, real solid gun. plus the cold resistant hop up is a bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

TM wins every time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Harvey12 wrote: »
    i've had a g&g for about 2 years or so and it has never let me down. great build quality, real solid gun. plus the cold resistant hop up is a bonus
    That's a new one on me :confused:

As for OP it may be cheaper due it being January and sales and all that jazz but it is also likely that the G&G is licensed by cybergun to carry the full FN trademarks whereas the TM would not.

Most airsoft guns are TM clones. TM are the original and as gat and thermo said they win hands down. G&G are good but if the TM is cheaper then get the TM as it's very rare a TM from an Irish retailer is cheaper then the other offerings

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Harvey12

i was told it comes with a cold resistant hop up
    id say the reason the tm is cheaper is cause the g&g comes with the laser and green dot plus there is serious weight in them

• Advertisement

Harvey12 wrote: »
    i was told it comes with a cold resistant hop up
    id say the reason the tm is cheaper is cause the g&g comes with the laser and green dot plus there is serious weight in them
    Cold weather only effects GBBR's not aeg's unless your in Alaska then you might run into problems lol

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Johnny Derpp

Gatling wrote: »
    Personally the TM wins hand down for me the internals are bullet proof I've always founds g&g a tad bit of a let down motors are pretty weak for my liking ,
    Just because something is cheaper doesn't nessescary mean it's not on par if not better than the more expensive one ,

Biggest regret in airsoft selling my tm p90

I was always told that g&g were very good quality too!
    I just thought that with the higher price tag it might be better quality.

I was interested in the one with the built in red dot sight, but someone said it's only for show? Should I buy the tri rail?
    I wouldn't really know how to calibrate a red dot sight.

Marui version is all plastic isn't it?

Yes Marui has plastic externals but a P90 is mostly platic anyway.

No the red dot is functional and is also metal along with outer barrel inner barrel and the gearbox is full metal too

TM is the grandady of all AEG most other companies pretty much copied their designs.

G&G charge more because... Well they can I guess :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I was always told that g&g were very good quality too!
    I just thought that with the higher price tag it might be better quality.

I was interested in the one with the built in red dot sight, but someone said it's only for show? Should I buy the tri rail?
    I wouldn't really know how to calibrate a red dot sight.

Marui version is all plastic isn't it?

The red dot version wasn't my cup of tea at all its tiny for what it is,

Personally i prefer the tri rail version which allows you to add both a red dot if your choice either a small eotech or basic red dot sight ,
    Aimpoint micro T1 would look ok but its stil small for my liking ,
    And you can also mount a torch and or laser to finish the look ,

I used to run an aimpoint on a cantilever mount which i found worked great in all game types ,outdoors and indoor cqb ,
    But you dont even have to use an optic at all its perfectly suited for rapid target sighting on its own ,

Id suggest playing and handling one first to be sure its what you want and then go from there ,

And id always choose the mauri over other versions because i know TM will run for years and not develop any faults or need parts replacing as long as you look after it ,

Ive seen g&g aegs go through several motors in a space of a few months ,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Never used the G&G but own a TM.

If it's going cheap you should snap it up.
    They are bullet proof, they will survive a nuclear holocaust and will definitely outlive you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement