Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microchipping - who registers the details

• 18-01-2015 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

I recently acquired a cat that was homeless and we've taken him in, he's been neutered, vaccinated and microchipped, the vet said they would register the microchip, they gave me a leaflet with his chip number and details but when I went on to the website associated with it... Fido.ie and put in the chip number it can't find it, should I also register myself on this site?

I know I should ask the vet but I've called him so many times for different things over the last few days (total novice at being a pet owner) that I don't wanna bother him again and seem like I'm questioning what he's done.

Anyone any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

If you have the card, with the code on it, not just the chip number, I'd say to do it yourself just to make sure its done. No harm in you both registering it, if using the same details.

Advertisement