Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

how do weekend tickets work, do you've to bring ticket everyday (like retarded forbidden fruit 2013) or do they give wristbands?

Wristbands :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Excited for this now! Pre-festival butterflies

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Hopefully weather picks up! Not looking for sunshine, just not stuck in the pissings please! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

.ak wrote: »
    Hopefully weather picks up! Not looking for sunshine, just not stuck in the pissings please! :D

entertainment.ie are not doing longtitude any favours , hopefully all the stages except the main one are in tents

http://entertainment.ie/life/Batten-down-the-hatches-theres-a-storm-a-brewin/367772.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

peteeeed wrote: »
    entertainment.ie are not doing longtitude any favours , hopefully all the stages except the main one are in tents

http://entertainment.ie/life/Batten-down-the-hatches-theres-a-storm-a-brewin/367772.htm

That's a storm? Ffs entertainment.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Anyone got a list of any after parties/clubs etc for tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

doesn't seem to be anything official really.

some stuff here:
    http://nialler9.com/the-nialler9-dublin-gig-guide-8/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Are people expecting farm levels of mud? Wellies?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

not today anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I'd steer clear of pearly white runners anyway :o

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/regional.asp?Prov=Leinster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Sunday is to be fine according to met.ie's latest forecast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

So wellies.
    Yay or Nay?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Brego888 wrote: »
    So wellies.
    Yay or Nay?

yay and put the runners in a bag

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm having 2nd thoughts about going for the Sunday now, there is only three acts I want to see in the Sunday list, so will probably just buy some cheese weed instead. :D I'm seeing reports on my Facebook wall that the weather is glorious for Latitude festival so I hope you all get the same for Longitude.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Does der be any craic outside drinking before heading in?

Well its Dublin innit! I can imagine there will be a good buzz around, as for campsite frolics this would be non-existent as its non-camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Try identify the tabloid reporters and follow them as they'll always find the people who are so out of it that they've no pants on or are getting sick on a cat or something.. That'll probably be where the party is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Toast wrote: »
    Try identify the tabloid reporters and follow them as they'll always find the people who are so out of it that they've no pants on or are getting sick on a cat or something.. That'll probably be where the party is.

Hey gazz.....

Funkfield wrote: »
    Hey gazz.....

Appropriate user name for a festival nut. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I doubt the Gardai will allow anyone drink on the street after all the problems the last few years. The Eden pub is across the road and will be buzzing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Synode wrote: »
    I doubt the Gardai will allow anyone drink on the street after all the problems the last few years. The Eden pub is across the road and will be buzzing.
    They cant really stop that many people drinkin on the street. Not feasible. They will let it happen

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Plenty of people getting on the luas at Stephens Green during lunch with suspicious looking lucozade bottles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

They cant really stop that many people drinkin on the street. Not feasible. They will let it happen

The year of the stabbings in the Phoenix Park was the last time I was at a gig in Marley Park (which was a few weeks after). And they were stopping everyone from drinking on the street. The local residents up there have been making a lot of noise about all these gigs so be prepared for a big Garda presence

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Synode wrote: »
    The year of the stabbings in the Phoenix Park was the last time I was at a gig in Marley Park (which was a few weeks after). And they were stopping everyone from drinking on the street. The local residents up there have been making a lot of noise about all these gigs so be prepared for a big Garda presence
    I was at the Stone Roses a few days before and they started off confiscating drink, but couldnt manage the crowd so left us off.
    But in fairness that was a few days before the Swedish house stabbings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

There's a holding area before you actually enter the arena and get searched, beyond the gates and off the road. That's where they leave you alone to drink so you're not on the grange road basically. All the guards and anyone else want are for people to have a bit of cop on and avoid drinking in estates and greens, giving complainers fuel to try and get Marley gigs stopped...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

What's the ground like down there lads? Were security generally thorough with their searches?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

passed by about 3pm there was a serious amount of kids going but i suppose thats the way it is with most festivals, nearly all teenagers around the place, i suppose with school / college being over and everyone else in work etc it was always going to be a young crowd at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

What was the story with the festival basically half closing down at 10pm? No bars and no Red Bull Stage despite it being advertised. If you didn't like Hozier or SBTRKT you were basically left wandering around an empty site.

Also, seemed like there were **** all people there today.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just watching Alt J from TITP and have to say they sound woeful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭smallgarden

What was the story with the festival basically half closing down at 10pm? No bars and no Red Bull Stage despite it being advertised. If you didn't like Hozier or SBTRKT you were basically left wandering around an empty site.

Also, seemed like there were **** all people there today.

It was pretty weak as far as festivals go. Makes you appreciate electric picnic so much more. Even a crappy oxegen year would have put it to shame, fingers crossed it picks up for the remainder of the weekend. 10 pm is a ridiculous bar closing time

Advertisement