Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

He has.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

The cynic in me would say they've "sold" out Saturday to prompt panic buying of weekend tickets for more $$$

What's the daily capacity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Good solid run on the main stage Saturday for me, starting with Glass Animals right through. Only clashes are Toro Y Moi and Girl Band but I don't mind missing them for Caribou!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Clashfinder:

http://clashfinder.com/s/longitude2015/

Might have to click "Full Version" if it defaults to the mobile version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

That's a shame about Pusha T.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Shedite27 wrote: »
    21:30 - Chemical Brothers

App has them at 21:15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Anyone know anything about Cashmere Cat or Mumdance?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

LostArt wrote: »
    He has.

That's a balls , know why ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

That's a balls , know why ?

has to finish his album apparantly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Not a clash in sight. Delighted!

• Advertisement

Synode wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about Cashmere Cat or Mumdance?

Cashmere Cats releases so far have been very good. Dunno what to expect live though. DJ set most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Metronomy vs. Young Father vs. Carl Craig :mad:
    Danny Brown vs. James Blake vs. Wolf Alice :mad:

having the main stage and heineken stage acts on at the exact same times on Friday is beyond stupid. they should bring Leon Bridges forward 30mins, along with everything after, and that would at least mean people can catch some of the acts on the Heineken stage while the Main stage is doing a changover, or vice-versa.

I think the clashes are fairly understandable, unlike the Picnics hopeless layout year after year. Putting two electronic acts on at the same time is counter intuitive because generally if you like the style of music you'll like both. Can't blame them for sticking Wolf Alice on the same time as Danny Brown, they're polar opposites.
    Presumably the similar timeslots between tents are just for logistical simplicity though, they could have spaced them out more effectively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Metronomy vs. Young Father vs. Carl Craig :mad:
    Danny Brown vs. James Blake vs. Wolf Alice :mad:

having the main stage and heineken stage acts on at the exact same times on Friday is beyond stupid. they should bring Leon Bridges forward 30mins, along with everything after, and that would at least mean people can catch some of the acts on the Heineken stage while the Main stage is doing a changover, or vice-versa.

I saw both Young Fathers and Metronomy at Picnic last year. Young Fathers blew me away, Metronomy bored me to tears...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Not really any clashes for me on the Friday, would have liked to see both Carl Craig and Metronomy but will decide on who when I get there. Agree with Bad Turtle about the genres of music not clashing together which is grand. Happy I bought a Friday ticket in the end, definitely seems to have the most acts I'd enjoy and the least clashes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I saw both Young Fathers and Metronomy at Picnic last year. Young Fathers blew me away, Metronomy bored me to tears...

+1. Young Fathers are incredible live. Just watch Metronomy on Youtube or something.

Young Fathers were excellent on the Body and Soul stage at EP, will be seeing them again. It's a shame Longitude have nothing like that though, the location and time was ideal for them I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

BadTurtle wrote: »
    I think the clashes are fairly understandable, unlike the Picnics hopeless layout year after year. Putting two electronic acts on at the same time is counter intuitive because generally if you like the style of music you'll like both. Can't blame them for sticking Wolf Alice on the same time as Danny Brown, they're polar opposites.
    Presumably the similar timeslots between tents are just for logistical simplicity though, they could have spaced them out more effectively.
    well i wasn't blaming them for those particular acts, that's down to personal taste.

planning that the 2 biggest stages have acts on at the exact same time, and have no music on either stage at the exact same time is poor though. lots of smaller festivals (especially European ones) stagger the stages so that an act on one finishes just as one on another stage starts.
    at least they've sort of done that on Saturday and Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Blut2

From what I remember either last year year, or the year before, Saturday tickets 'sold out' the week of. But a few more were released on the day itself. And the day itself didnt seem close to sold out.

So I'd say it might very well be a strategic move to try to move more weekend tickets for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

planning that the 2 biggest stages have acts on at the exact same time, and have no music on either stage at the exact same time is poor though. lots of smaller festivals (especially European ones) stagger the stages so that an act on one finishes just as one on another stage starts.

From a safety point if view as well, usually stages are staggered so everyone doesn't descend on one of the small stages at the same time and potentially cause a crush. It's poor planning.

My main gripe is the likes of Caribou on an outdoor stage early in the evening with no light show. It's just not the same.

• Advertisement

Blut2 wrote: »
    From what I remember either last year year, or the year before, Saturday tickets 'sold out' the week of. But a few more were released on the day itself. And the day itself didnt seem close to sold out.

So I'd say it might very well be a strategic move to try to move more weekend tickets for a few days.

Nah, they were sell-outs alright. Irish Times posted the numbers, 16.5K was the average for the three days last year but much higher turn out for Saturday than Friday or Sunday as those days didn't sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

lc180 wrote: »
    My main gripe is the likes of Caribou on an outdoor stage early in the evening with no light show. It's just not the same.

If the weather is right, I wouldn't worry too much about Caribou being outside. It was the same situation at FF in 2011, they played outside while the sun was setting and just as they started Sun, it was magic.

Same went for their set at Glastonbury recently: http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/e84mxj/acts/az5wxj#p02vptb3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Blut2 wrote: »

Saturday 2014 sold out ~ 25/26 June. I know cos I missed out. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Sat is fairly straightforward for me:

Daithi - Le Galaxie - Food -Glass Animals - Gengahr - Jungle (Most of it) - Slaves - Caribou - Alt-J

Would've liked to have seen All Tvvins but can't really complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Sat is fairly straightforward for me:

Daithi - Le Galaxie - Food -Glass Animals - Gengahr - Jungle (Most of it) - Slaves - Caribou - Alt-J

Would've liked to have seen All Tvvins but can't really complain.

Same. Except I'll do half Caribou / half All Tvvins.

It took me far too long to realise that 'FOOD' is not a band. :(

Love listening to FOOD.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

LONG%20MAP%2015.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeah, I'm a big Metronomy fan but they're awful live for some reason. Really boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I'm really just going for Caribou, but anyone else recommend must see acts for Saturday?

Advertisement