Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rabbit or Rat Droppings

• 18-01-2015 5:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭

Saw these today and wondering are they rabbit or mouse droppings....I always thought that rat droppings were more elongated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

Not rat or mouse, anyway. You're right, rat & mouse droppings are long & tubular, like a long sausage.

Where did you find them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

This is the bit that puzzles me.....these were on the floor in the corner of a small metal shed that I removed.

Not sure if a rabbit would go in.....even though it was freely accessible.....but there are rabbits about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭freethearmy

rabbit dung

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

Rabbit, wotz up doc😂😂😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

Pesky wabbit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Keeks wrote: »
    Saw these today and wondering are they rabbit or mouse droppings....I always thought that rat droppings were more elongated

Dried rat droppings imo. Put in a live trap (hardware shop) to verify ...

Question though - what colour were the droppings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Too round to be rat poo, imo. More likely to be rabbits, but wouldn't expect to see wild rabbits in a shed. Is there anything in there they might be eating?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

It's rabbit droppings..no doubt.

A rabbit "might" enter something like a shed as long as he can clearly see an escape route.

Advertisement