Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold discussion 18th Jan onward - cold for at least 5 more days, some snow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HankSchrader

Still very light snow in Athlone. Temp dropped since started though, down to 1.0c DP -2.1c
    Neck is strained from looking around at the outside light every minute....

Raining on the Roscommon side of Athlone now, was sleet a few minutes ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Cloudy, calm, dry....-1.3c; hard frost. Waiting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cp19 sleeper

lolie wrote: »
    Looking at the radar it should be snowing here since about 8pm but looking at the big yard light outside not a single flake has fallen.

Hold up, just got a txt to say it's snowing lightly in killnaleck.

Is it snowing in skintown? Didnt make it up to Oldcastle yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cp19 sleeper

lolie wrote: »
    Looking at the radar it should be snowing here since about 8pm but looking at the big yard light outside not a single flake has fallen.

Hold up, just got a txt to say it's snowing lightly in killnaleck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭Mech1

Mech1 wrote: »
    I just drove from Golden Ball Kilternan Via Johnnie foxes into Knocklyon Direction Via the viewing point. Nothing to see, just great to good driving conditions. video to follow soon.

Sound quality is crap for some reason maybe camera was touching screen, so "TURN DOWN YOUR SPEAKERS"

And again Nothing to see here snow wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

Not a bit of sleep will I get tonight ... And I don't care

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

heavy rain here in south limk

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

temps starting to rise everywhere now, currently 1C here, 2 to 7C across the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Gonzo wrote: »
    temps starting to rise everywhere now, currently 1C here, 2 to 7C across the west.

Its been 3.5c all evening in Clare, now its 2.8c does this count as a drop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Fantastic tunes going there Mech, XTC-senses working overtime from around 1982 and the killing moon from echo and the bunneymen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Not a drop of rain or flake of snow in athy

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

Gotta go to skintown tomorrow. Not a drop in Cavan town... Yet Met says its 1 degree but feels colder

There is certainly a rise in temps across the board with almost all met stations above freezing on the 2200 reports

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Mech1 wrote: »
    I just drove from Golden Ball Kilternan Via Johnnie foxes into Knocklyon Direction Via the viewing point. Nothing to see, just great to good driving conditions. video to follow soon.

As I live here I can verify it's totally dry in Kilternan at 140m asl! Ground has been frozen solid for about two days now - could seriously do with some snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

There is certainly a rise in temps across the board with almost all met stations above freezing on the 2200 reports

Still at 0 near airport,we got just over an inch from this front so not to bad

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

A light dusting of snow now, temperature at 1.4C - steady.
    Dewpoint is at 0.2C so maybe slightly out as light snow continues to fall.
    N Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭weisses

Nasty floodings here west of Dingle ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

1c here in dublin 4, DP -3.

Expecting the rain/sleet/snow in 2 hours.

If air temps raise, ground temps will still be -2 to-3 precip wont do much to warm that up. Will be expecting some slippy roads.

But may not get any precip, we'll see.

Yep east mayo, was at ,not "near" the airport today and it was snowing away. but in general temps on the rise. sleet in castlebar now. hopefully some lamp post shots later from people in the east.

• Advertisement

Close to EIKN in the past hour ....nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

+0.8/-2.1 now in Arklow
    Precip is getting very close

Not a breath of wind,so should be snow here,I certainly would not have said that yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

+0.8/-2.1 now in Arklow
    Precip is getting very close

Not a breath of wind,so should be snow here,I certainly would not have said that yesterday

Do you think there would be a chance of snow in Tinahely?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

I can confirm some snowflakes blowing around in the breeze in Naas!

One landed on my Cordyline and another on the dogs frisbee

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dewpoint

Temp 2.8
    Dew point -2.9
    Temps on the rise all evening. Not expecting to much this close to the coast

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Started as sleet here, back to rain now. Currently 2.1c with dewpoints at 0.6c. Have had snow under these conditions before, but a returning polar maritime airmass swung in on a SE'ly is pointless in these parts until nearer to or into Spring. I'd say further up the country and locally on higher ground around here (Ballymartin - Castlecomer Pleatau) is getting a snowfall from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MissMoc

Still snowing in Offaly but the flakes are small and not lead to any covering in the past hour. At least I got to see it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

hollster2 wrote: »
    Do you think there would be a chance of snow in Tinahely?
    Definitely
    Should be there in the next hour or two maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Definitely
    Should be there in the next hour or two maybe

hope so :) hoping for the kids mostly me lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

Its snowing here but on the light side compared to recent days gone by, ground is white but that would not be to hard as the frost as lingered all day.

Looking ahead there has been some signals for northern blocking at the end of the month and into early Feb in the last few model runs this has also been noted by the Met in UK long range forecast. Anyways hoping that something worthwhile materialize for the folks who have been starved of snow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement