Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold discussion 18th Jan onward - cold for at least 5 more days, some snow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

All the mini snow flakes in sligo landed on car roof

SLeety mist now n temp still 1c

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Still sub-zero here with a hard frost, still calm, still overcast, still dry :(

One can only hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 noelie2014

Very small snowflakes in Portarlington. Hopefully some snow but doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Chart from 18z Euro4 model shows *no* precipitation reaching pretty much any of eastern Ireland and Leinster. I figured its progression would be retarded and slowed down but so far the radar has shown rain reaching inland parts of Ireland a bit quicker than the latest runs were suggesting. http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=euro4&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=prec&HH=12&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV=0&RES=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

What is depressing to see is some vaguely defined circulation within the trough crossing over Ireland, in the south midlands or north Munster. This will help change the non-existent SE wind to a gentle breeze and enough to start dragging in warmer air off the sea too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Is it snowing in skintown? Didnt make it up to Oldcastle yet!

It is or was earlier anyway.
    Light snow falling here since about am hour ago, ground frozen so should stick in parts for a while at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

Just home from a meeting in Horse and Jockey, rain from there till between the various Portlaoise exits then dry to home (Kildare) despite the radar showing precip overhead, car thermometer showing 1.5 in the rain up to 3 in the dry nearer home

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Deirdre Lowe on the late night forecast on radio one ending with "that's is from me take care on the roads tonight there will be treacherous conditions out there " so take heed if your out and about later

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MissMoc

If what has been falling here (Offaly) for the last 1.5 hours does make it east I don't think it was have much of an impact, heavy enough shower but tiny flakes, just a very light dusting on the yard - Olaf will have to wait a bit longer to be built!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

What will be interesting for places that have wet roads now is what's going to happen later tonight when they freeze! Please be aware of probable worse-than-usual ice on roads tomorrow morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Has been raining lightly near Limerick City. Rain is now inclining to turn to sleet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭LordNorbury

Am lamppost watching here tonight in south Dublin, the precip on the radar looks very close to the Dublin mountains now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Snowing nicely now here in Donegal, getting heavier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭Mech1

Am lamppost watching here tonight in south Dublin, the precip on the radar looks very close to the Dublin mountains now.

No lampost visible from the bed, but considering tying my good torch to my fishing rod atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Cars & grass frozen over here on Meath Coast. Roads not bad ATM, no real moisture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

This front is the biggest pile of sh1t I've ever seen. Maybe that's giving it too much credit actually, it's more like a really long boring slow prolonged slightly moist fart. You know it didn't do sh1t but you gotta check every so often just in case. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭LordNorbury

Rougies wrote: »
    This front is the biggest pile of sh1t I've ever seen. Maybe that's giving it too much credit actually, it's more like a really long boring slow prolonged slightly moist fart. You know it didn't do sh1t but you gotta check every so often just in case. :pac:

In fairness it has taken a band of precip the whole day & night to get across the country from the west to the east! MT has predicted snow, that's what has me up looking out for it to hit the east, hardly a pile of sh*te I reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Dun Laoghaire still reporting a dew of -2.5 even though the temp has gone up, I think we'll see a sprinkle come morning and up in higher Wicklow/Dublin there will be something, I'll keep checking out the window all night though even if I have an early shoot #Ibelieve :D

http://www.dlhweather.com/current-details/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭AnotherYear

Finally snowing in East Donegal. More like someone with bad dandruff it's so light and crap ha

just walked outside wearing only tshirt and boxers, cold on the feet (concrete) but not a breeze and quite unexpectedly pleasant temp, compared to today when I was well wrapped up.

Edit:
    (Fishing rod and good torch installed)

Nothing biting yet

Looking at "will it rain today" radar http://www.raintoday.co.uk/, I should be one of the first in the Dublin area to get anything, but still clear skys here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Mech1 wrote: »
    Looking at "will it rain today" radar http://www.raintoday.co.uk/, I should be one of the first in the Dublin area to get anything, but still clear skys here.

The Wicklow mountains disagree. They'll suck up any of the snizzle available for the next couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

although the radar has ppn over kildare for the past 90 to 120min its bone dry here. i feel even if it does snow/sleet it will be very little,the biggest problem could be wet roads freezing over for the morning commute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Mech1 wrote: »
    just walked outside wearing only tshirt and boxers, cold on the feet (concrete) but not a breeze and quite unexpectedly pleasant temp, compared to today when I was well wrapped up.

Edit:
    (Fishing rod and good torch installed)

Nothing biting yet

I was just out the back tucking the bunnies into bed and thought the same myself, defiantly feels warmer now than it did earlier.
    No reports of that impending front dropping snow anywhere near us so I'm getting doubtful :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Nice little flurry of snow falling now and sticking in places.
    Met some fella outside a shop earlier in a tshirt carrying a block of Vienetta, not sure what sorta weather he was expecting:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

lolie wrote: »
    Nice little flurry of snow falling now and sticking in places.
    Met some fella outside a shop earlier in a tshirt carrying a block of Vienetta, not sure what sorta weather he was expecting:confused:

I'm not quite sure why but the visual image of the guy carrying the vienetta made me laugh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mc Jakester

Just drove south Dublin to North Dublin nothing yet!
    Temp 2.5/3c dry.. Light wind!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Galway city east.. No rain for the last hour breeze has all but disappeared and it's hovering around three degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Booms

Light rain just started near Stillorgan, South Co Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Nothing on drogheda :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement