Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold discussion 18th Jan onward - cold for at least 5 more days, some snow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

Rain in arklow :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Wow, ground frozen solid, temp 1c and it's raining ever so lightly! Back to bed, I'm sorry I set my alarm for a 5am peek...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Light drizzle, no freeze, temp about two degrees Celsius.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

working the night shift here in kilcullen, a couple of extremely light rain showers lasting about 2 min a piece was all we got for the whole night:( glad i was workin the night shift cause i would of prob set the alarm during the night to check on the "snow". temp stayed around 2 c all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,188 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

What i thought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Aircraft Freak

Nothing in North Wicklow, just a frozen car.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Light drizzle here (in south Dublin). 2.0c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Raining and ran out of coffee :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

bah, raining in cork city, while just out the road there's snow :mad::mad::mad: stupid snow shield

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

In all sincerity you wont find a bigger snow bunny than myself and realistically everyone is on this thread for the same reason and its gut wrenching when your cross eyed from watching serious eye candy materialise into nothing especially for those of us that have seen nothing in four years. I personally am a greedy gut and wont be waiting up for freezing rain or 1cm of snow. I don't want to wish away this cold spell for the people that have done well out of it but the sooner this boring spell is over for us in the east the better. "every man for themselves tonight "good luck to all.

Not true...Many of us are here for wider reasons! If snow comes fine if it does not fine also. The need is to be prepared and safe whatever comes and thus to know what is coming . Gut wrenching? REALLY!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

a lot of people disappointed this morning id say

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

Nope. No snow. I'm at 260m, my field even extends up to 290m asl. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Good morning from around 400 ft asl in the South Kerry mountains... A noisy night with many sudden deluges and a cold, cold start to the still-dark day. Battled the wind to get the dogs up in pitch dark.. waiting to see what fell on my mountains last night.. certainly rain at this level. Everyone is fed and back asleep somewhere snug.. critters have the right way to cope with winter! Safe driving to all out there...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Grand Canal on Parnell road in Dublin freezing over yesterday evening at 5 pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

It didn't snow then......

Is it ok to say that now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

It didn't snow then......

Is it ok to say that now?

It did...

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Rain in Athlone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Complete non event in drogheda just rain. Well I must say I'm very disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Bit of rain in Dublin city. And quite warm compared to the past few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Everyone in the job remarking on how nice and mild it is. Doesn't look like much action in the coming days either does it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Raining now but must have had a good bit of snow during the night. There's still about an inch on the cars and its white enough out still. Roads are slush. This is North of whitechurch cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

-0.3c this morning in Clare and dropping. Its the coldest ATM over the past 12 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Fear_an_tarbh

Nice covering of snow, even at low elevations in N. Donegal this morning :)

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

Went out early to de-ice the car this morning & no need, was actually pleasant for this time of year.

South Kildare btw, nearest Weather Station Oak Park Carlow reading 3 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Thaw well on at this stage. Schools open and roads clear, so reluctantly heading to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

About 2cm covering North Offaly near Clara early this morning. Slushy stuff by the time I hit the road, could hear the tell tale drip from the guttering on the house. Drove about 5 miles in Kilbeggan direction and nothing at all. Very localised it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

According to AA road watch up to 4 inches fell in parts of North cork and east Limerick, I hadn't expected Munster to get significant amounts!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

ongarboy wrote: »
    According to AA road watch up to 4 inches fell in parts of North cork and east Limerick, I hadn't expected Munster to get significant amounts!

96fm's Twitter account is reporting lots of snow and dangerous roads all from mallow to the commons road. Sky has gone that very bright yellow grey now. I wouldn't be surprised to see more snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Rain in Greystones.

3.7C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Nice covering on fields between Cashel & Mallow (around Kilmallock), on train so pics won't work. Would say only a couple of inches.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement