Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with my leg?

Options
  • 18-01-2015 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I am 16 years old. Earlier today I was playing and football match and was fouled, recieving a hard knock to my upper thigh. I played on for about 30 minutes until I could barley walk the pain was so bad. After I got off it has got worse and worse. It hurts when I keep it still, it is extremely painful when I move it even the slightest. I cant walk or put any weight on it as it is too painful. What could this be? I've heard that femoral fractures only occur in things like car accidents? What could it be? Could it just be really bad brusing? Thanks. Also there is no sign of brusing on the outside, but it has swollen a great deal. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'd get myself to a doctor if I were you

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

Go to a doctor for gawds sake....forget the internet!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Doctor for you my lad.

Or if your folks have health insurance at least ring the nurse line.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LegitStunning

But all I'm asking is do you think its possible that it could be a fracture? Or wuld it have had to be a more serious blow to the thigh?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Go to a doctor,the longer you leave it the more potential damage you could be doing. Swelling in the leg can result in phlebitis or blood clots

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

But all I'm asking is do you think its possible that it could be a fracture? Or wuld it have had to be a more serious blow to the thigh?

Medical advice isn't allowed on boards for legal purposes

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LegitStunning

Medical advice isn't allowed on boards for legal purposes

Ah my bad had no idea I will go see a doctor soon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

As always, no medical advice can be given. Head to your GP if you're in any doubt about your health.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement