Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stickies

Options
  • 18-01-2015 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

Does this forum really need 12 threads stickied?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

It is a bit of a nightmare on touch: it's basically all you see. I think when touch was introduced it was asked only to have a small number stickied for that reason 4/5 maybe? There's way too many at the moment anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Perhaps this thread should be stickied?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    Does this forum really need 12 threads stickied?

Interesting and one suggestion I'd like to make to ease matters would be:

~ Have 1, only 1 stickied thread on top.
    ~ Then inside that 1 sticky thread link in all the threads currently stickied, but release them from being stickied so they're not at the top.
    ~ New and other important threads can be linked in easily by the local mod in here, as deemed necessary.
    ~ Having them mentioned in that 1 sticky thread would still make them ALL easy to locate and post in, as all are important in their own right.
    ~ Name that 1 stickied thread something appropriate then to let users know what's within.

^^^
    Just one suggestion by me,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Yeah it's a bit ridiculous making anything a sticky. I can understand the thread for a specific area cos it makes it easier for visitors to ask questions and the jobs thread is good but anything else doesn't need a sticky.

Like the new thread for Tralee pubs, really??? What's wrong with posting that in the Tralee thread?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

dobman88 wrote: »
    Yeah it's a bit ridiculous making anything a sticky. I can understand the thread for a specific area cos it makes it easier for visitors to ask questions and the jobs thread is good but anything else doesn't need a sticky.

Like the new thread for Tralee pubs, really??? What's wrong with posting that in the Tralee thread?

because many people in the Tralee thread a good while back, didn't want people constantly talking about their favourite bars & places to eat, and a new thread was set up ages ago, but got lost for some reason, so we were requested by a few boardies to set another one up. I didn't think that it would be a big deal to sticky it, but I can 'un-stick' it if needs be.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I have 'un-stickied' a few threads that are very old and rarely posted in. This should free up a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    because many people in the Tralee thread a good while back, didn't want people constantly talking about their favourite bars & places to eat, and a new thread was set up ages ago, but got lost for some reason, so we were requested by a few boardies to set another one up. I didn't think that it would be a big deal to sticky it, but I can 'un-stick' it if needs be.

It's not a big deal. If it was Kerry pubs it would be worthy of a sticky but I don't see the need to sticky a particular town when the town already has a thread.

dobman88 wrote: »
    It's not a big deal. If it was Kerry pubs it would be worthy of a sticky but I don't see the need to sticky a particular town when the town already has a thread.

I can change the title of it if that's what people would prefer??

Thanks Ciarrai!

Actually for what it's worth I would like to see that thread rechristened Kerry places etc: I live in listowel but might eat in Tralee, Killarney so might be nice to see the places to go. Could reccomend a few in Listowel to! But that thread doesn't bother me at all it was just the sheer amount of stickies meant that it was all that could be seen in the forum. Thanks for sorting it out, it's not easy modding here some days I'm sure :)

cyning wrote: »
    Thanks Ciarrai!

Actually for what it's worth I would like to see that thread rechristened Kerry places etc: I live in listowel but might eat in Tralee, Killarney so might be nice to see the places to go. Could reccomend a few in Listowel to! But that thread doesn't bother me at all it was just the sheer amount of stickies meant that it was all that could be seen in the forum. Thanks for sorting it out, it's not easy modding here some days I'm sure :)

I have changed the name now from Tralee to Kerry so to include everyone, and spare having to set up new threads for everywhere else. It probably won't appeal to everyone, but that's life!

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I have changed the name now from Tralee to Kerry so to include everyone, and spare having to set up new threads for everywhere else. It probably won't appeal to everyone, but that's life!

You would crack up if you try to make everyone happy! Thanks again :)

cyning wrote: »
    You would crack up if you try to make everyone happy! Thanks again :)

this is very true...between work & here its really does test my patience on a very regular basis lol :D

Advertisement