Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a tasty christening cake.

Options
  • 18-01-2015 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi all. My daughters christening is coming up next month and I'm looking for somewhere that does reasonable christening cakes. Enough for 30-40 people. I'm living in Leixlip so any of the surrounding areas i.e. dublin, meath will be fine

TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Hah, I was about to post a recipe!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

We got our christening cake in Mannings bakery in Blanch Center. It was gorgeous. We went with the Madeira filling its basic and it was my fav. cake filing :) Check out their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mushu

Superquinn in Lucan. It'a about €50

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭scorn

We used Pavlov's bakery in Ongar.

You can look through magazines or on the internet for cakes that you like the look of and they'll make them accordingly. You upload a pic for them (I tihnk through facebook - check the link above) but my wife did this so I'm not sure on the exact process.

The cakes are excellent - lots of comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

pwurple wrote: »
    Hah, I was about to post a recipe!

I'd take a recipe
    Reluctant Christening coming up; I'm told we need a cake :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

I also used superquinn in Lucan, they decorated it really nicely too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    I'd take a recipe
    Reluctant Christening coming up; I'm told we need a cake :)

How many people going, and it is 'serious' or can you get in there with some fun?

We made this... fed about 20 adults and 10 children. Fun one.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2303680/chocolate-owl-cake

Or

Basic sponge, buttercream in the middle, roll out fondant on top and one of those ceramic baby decorations from a baking shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

We got ours from Supervalu 50€ and fed 30ppl. Got a photo of the little one on it. Some kind of strawberry sponge.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

If you can stretch the budget a bit further these guys did a fab cake for my daughters

http://www.creativecakes.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

pwurple wrote: »
    How many people going, and it is 'serious' or can you get in there with some fun?

We made this... fed about 20 adults and 10 children. Fun one.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2303680/chocolate-owl-cake

Or

Basic sponge, buttercream in the middle, roll out fondant on top and one of those ceramic baby decorations from a baking shop.

Max 20 ppl, probably closer to 15. I'm trying to keep it fun, but seems certain things are expected when it's a 'christening'. feels like my wedding cake argument all over again. I don't even care about cakes :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Max 20 ppl, probably closer to 15. I'm trying to keep it fun, but seems certain things are expected when it's a 'christening'. feels like my wedding cake argument all over again. I don't even care about cakes :(

I'm with you there - I found it easier to just accept that wifey wanted a fancy cake to mark the occasion so I bit the bullet and dug deep, to be honest it was my way of having some involvement in the organising, she did all hard work

Advertisement