Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Chelsea Capital One Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg k.o 19:45

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Liverpool miles better than Chelsea -1 attempt from the away team and about 30% possession, totally destroyed them in the middle of the park. Lucas and Henderson comfortably outplayed Matic and Mikel and Fabregas was anonymous, Chelsea absolutely haunted to be level but LIverpool shouldn't fear them at all - they were really shown up tonight as not being as good as people think, good centre-halves, keeper and striker but not a lot more.

Liverpool looking to be developing another outstanding young team and playing the attacking vibrant football that people like Mourinho have tried to coach out of the game.

Bring on the second leg - we'll smash them again!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Mourinho time is anti-Fergie time...if you're clinging on you don't have to play that standard 4 minutes.

Mourihno, the bizarro Ferguson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Ah the usual stuff now the games is over and Liverpool only had a decent performance because the other team did not want it or did not play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

donfers wrote: »
    Liverpool miles better than Chelsea -1 attempt from the away team and about 30% possession, totally destroyed them in the middle of the park. Lucas and Henderson comfortably outplayed Matic and Mikel and Fabregas was anonymous, Chelsea absolutely haunted to be level but LIverpool shouldn't fear them at all - they were really shown up tonight as not being as good as people think, good centre-halves, keeper and striker but not a lot more.

Liverpool looking to be developing another outstanding young team and playing the attacking vibrant football that people like Mourinho have tried to coach out of the game.

They are at home in the second leg. It wont be the same game. Not that Liverpool can't win, they can. But it wont look anything like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Great performance from Liverpool especially being a man down for 92 minutes. Thought it was game over once Mourinho brought in the bus but they fought their way back into it.

At least Chelsea can park the bus. Liverpool cant park a skateboard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Chelsea barely out of first gear all game, Liverpool worth the draw but I think missed a chance tonight

Soups123 wrote: »
    Chelsea barely out of first gear all game, Liverpool worth the draw but I think missed a chance tonight

lol Liverpool played them off the pitch not giving them a chance to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

jaysis he is BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

lol Liverpool played them off the pitch not giving them a chance to play

Bit of an exaggeration for a one all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

niallo27 wrote: »
    12 men of Chelsea get out of jail.

Chelsea had 12 men?! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

playing the attacking vibrant football that people like Mourinho have tried to coach out of the game.

THIS !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Would have taken the draw before the game. Gutted we didn't win now

Why would you have taken the draw? Unless Liverpool are playing for the unlikely event of penalties or an away goals win, they're going to have to win some portion of the tie. Their best chance of doing that was tonight at home

Bit of an exaggeration for a one all

Not really when the so called best team in the league only had 1 shot on target not counting the pen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I dont think anyone ws saying Liverpool deserved to lose Jose...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

"I don't think Liverpool deserved to lose". :pac: :pac: That's very good of you Jose. :pac:

Not really when the so called best team in the league only had 1 shot on target not counting the pen

You hardly peppered them yourselves. A few half chance and Gerrards outside of the post.

As I said deserved the draw and Chelsea in first gear all game

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭dmrules

the usual stuff from Liverpool fans...one good game and they talking ****te...
    how good is pool?...17 points behind us...enjoy the moment...

monkey9 wrote: »
    "I don't think Liverpool deserved to lose". :pac: :pac: That's very good of you Jose. :pac:

So glad I turn it off at FT no need to listen to him then

You hardly peppered them yourselves. A few half chance and Gerrards outside of the post.

As I said deserved the draw and Chelsea in first gear all game

Lol

Lol

I'm a comedian tonight for you

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

dmrules wrote: »
    the usual stuff from Liverpool fans...one good game and they talking ****te...
    how good is pool?...17 points behind us...enjoy the moment...

20 attempts to 2 for liverpool and almost two thirds possession and your manager says you controlled the game, if you want to find out who is talking ****e look no further than the special one - looking forward to next week and going at an overrated side that other teams respect too much

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Can't wait to go to the Bridge, what an atmosphere awaits us.

B7yq6PXCcAE7RR9.jpg

Ah in fairness they do seem to be the best team in the league.

Maybe they're not that bothered about the Milk Cup? Maybe they are. But either way, it's still the Milk Cup...or Rumbelows Cup or Littlewoods Cup or whatever. I wouldn't draw too many conclusions from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Hate the shíte about the other team not bring arsed any time we play well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Never seen a 1-1 draw at home celebrated as much :pac:

I'm a comedian tonight for you

Going by what people are saying Jose said you must have watched a different game along with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

20 attempts to 2 for liverpool and almost two thirds possession and your manager says you controlled the game, if you want to find out who is talking ****e look no further than the special one - looking forward to next week and going at an overrated side that other teams respect too much

That last sentence was super!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

niallo27 wrote: »
    12 men of Chelsea get out of jail.

Embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Thibaut Courtois was excellent tonight, really fantastic, answered every question asked of him by a quick Liverpool attack and a ponderous Gary Cahill. The gigantic Belgian rightly won the MOTM award, he constantly repels all would-be invaders to his goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

:D

Ya, should be good laugh alright considering we've won every game in all competitions at home bar 1 I'd fancy our chances at a canter.

Good times

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

Liverpool very good tonight. Still needs bring back some players from injury and improve the squad in certain areas but signs of life after a disappointing start to the season

Going by what people are saying Jose said you must have watched a different game along with him

Not really I said Liverpool deserved the draw, he said Liverpool didn't deserve to lose so me and Jose are at one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Raf32 wrote: »
    Never seen a 1-1 draw at home celebrated as much :pac:

I have never saw a team to celebrate 4th like they have won a trophy until 2 years ago ;)

I have never saw a team to celebrate 4th like they have won a trophy until 2 years ago ;)

Whats Arsenal got to do with this? :pac:

GavRedKing wrote: »

Ya, should be good laugh alright considering we've won every game in all competitions at home bar 1 I'd fancy our chances at a canter.

Good times

Don't need to lose next week to go out, but unless Sturridge is risked can't see Liverpool scoring those 2 goals for it to happen that way.

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »
    Whats Arsenal got to do with this? :pac:

Yeah I suppose your right arsenal aren't used to playing in semi finals and finals .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Good times

Jesus No Gav, Chelsea are wayyy over rated.
    Sure We're tethering above relegation all season!

Don't need to lose next week to go out, but unless Sturridge is risked can't see Liverpool scoring those 2 goals for it to happen that way.

We wont lose at home, may draw but we wont lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭dmrules

it's only a cup...we're after bigger fish but still think we'll beat you at the bridge..."overrated side" c'mon don't be silly...

Panthro wrote: »
    Jesus No Gav, Chelsea are wayyy over rated.
    Sure We're tethering above relegation all season!

Ya, tough season alright. When will it end. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Masterclass from Jose again, he’ll be a happy man going home tonight.

Yeah I suppose your right arsenal aren't used to playing in semi finals and finals .

Nope we won the FA cup last year in the quarters

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Can't believe I got a yellow card for a dumb joke compared to the shíte posted on here by people who watch a game that doesn't effect them hoping a team loses....sad really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

I think most pool fans certainly believe Chelsea are firm favourites to go through. However, we haven't seen pool play with that kind of intensity at all this season (maybe the game at Spurs being an exception) so it was nice seeing them take the game to what would be considered superior opposition. That's just fueled a few heads towards being a bit over zealous. It's still all to play for and few expected that.

Nope we won the FA cup last year in the quarters

That's normally about as far as arsenal go in cup competitions . Anything after that and your in bonus territory .

That's normally about as far as arsenal go in cup competitions . Anything after that and your in bonus territory .

Except last year.....

Ah leave them. They're all still hyper after they won away against a top four club. They're in a euphoric daze still.

We wont lose at home, may draw but we wont lose.

Yea a 2-2 draw see Liverpool go through and Chelsea remain unbeaten at home

Have to say Chelsea could do with upgrading on Cahill, bit of a liability back there. Matic and Terry making him look decent but not good enough.

Chelsea overrated???? Jaysis lads, in fairness that's just silly talk.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement