Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not Happy with Dress

• 18-01-2015 9:48pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

So I ordered my dress last February in a well known Dublin outlet. Loved it when I tried it on, it was really flattering to my figure which was the main thing that drew me to it.

Finally got the call last month to say that it was ready and I made an appointment to go in and see it. Got an appointment for yesterday afternoon.

I called them yesterday morning just to confirm the appointment and I had a couple of other general queries but when the owner of the shop (the lady who sold me the dress) heard my name mentioned she took the phone and in a very matter of fact/cold tone told me that yes my dress was "ready for collection and the balance was to be paid today".. Fair enough, I had planned on paying the balance anyway!?

So in I went with the Sister and the Mother. The place was quite busy and we were seated for about a half an hour and eventually she came out and told me that my dress was hanging in a dressing room.

What I noticed straight away was that the dress was hung in a rather odd way on the hanger, almost just hung on by one shoulder for some reason. Then she said to me "now it hasn't been pressed out or anything so bare that in mind"... This was the same lady who told me earlier on the phone that it was "ready for collection".... ready for collection to me would indicate that she deemed it to be in a satisfactory condition to be taken home.

Anyway, she told me to step into it and the minute I put my arms into it I could feel that it was way too tight around the tops of my arms.. and I definitely haven't gained weight since last year, if anything I've lost weight.

Also, it was sagging around the midriff, which was where I loved it so much the last time.. so basically it was tight in the wrong places and loose in the wrong places. Also the lace at the top part was really odd looking, like it was much smaller than on the sample dress, so I kind of looked like I was wearing a childs communion dress or something, even though it looked fine on the bottom half, if that makes any sense? Just really weird looking!

When I went over to the mirror I could see my Mother and Sisters faces.. not good. I wanted to cry in the middle of the shop. It looked like a potato sack on me :(

I asked her about the ill fitting and she just kept telling me that it would all be rectified in the alterations, but she was saying it in a way that sounded like I was just being a bit neurotic and that this was standard procedure. Again, I'll remind you that she told me it was "ready for collection".

Anyway, in the heel of the hunt I paid her the balance as I didn't want to make a scene in the busy shop, and she was reassuring me that the seamstress would be able to alter the arm holes or whatever they're called. But today I'm livid with myself for not kicking up a fuss.

She obviously either gave them the total wrong measurements or the designer made a balls of it, and I now have to pay them a further (at least) €250 to pretty much re-design the whole dress. I don't even know how they're going to make it look anything like the dress I tried on back in February.

I feel like I should have walked out with the balance and bought a dress off the peg somewhere else. My wedding is in 9 weeks.

What's really annoying me is that if I didn't try it on, she would have happily handed me the dress in a bag and sent me on my merry way.

I was of course expecting there to be alterations needed, but this is a bit ridiculous. She told me I'd be needing three fittings. THREE fittings??? Is that normal?

I feel like the lady knew the dress was botched and was just going to say nothing and hope for the best.

I don't know what I'm looking for here, I just needed a rant!!! I'm so disappointed, and stressed! :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I had two fittings for my dress and paid about what you were mentioning for alterations, and I was completely happy with my dress when I tried it on after it came in. Do you have written measurements on your order or any other details? I found everything"came together" on the day with my veil, shoes and hair and makeup all done.

Eta is the sample still in the shop for comparison? What size was it when you tried it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I had three fittings with my dress and that was for adding a bustle and taking it in about an inch. First one was pinning the alterations, when it tried it on the second time there was still a small adjustment needed so I had a third fitting.

When you tried on the sample did they pin you into it?

Also nine weeks is loads of time! I had about a month before my wedding for alterations and I picked it up on a Wednesday for a Friday wedding. Don't panic yet.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

lazygal wrote: »
    Eta is the sample still in the shop for comparison? What size was it when you tried it?

I didn't think to ask if the sample was still there but I have photos on my phone of me in the sample and they look totally different. To be honest it looks like I ordered a cheap copy of it from China. Even the satin detail around the midriff looks crap compared to the sample. I'd nearly rather she sold me the sample.

I think the sample was about a 12/14 and she pegged it at the back. She told me she was ordering me a 12 as it was easier to adjust a dress to make it smaller, which makes sense. I'm about a 10.

I've no real issue with the dress being baggy around the middle, I understand that it can be taken in. It just looks really weired around the top. I don't see how they can make the lace part longer. It's a combination of lace around the neckline, then satin and lace around the bust, and just satin around the midriff. They'd have to add more lace in order for it to look right.

I've been looking at photos of both dresses and the difference is startling tbh.
    bee06 wrote: »

When you tried on the sample did they pin you into it?

Yeah she had pegs at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I bought my dress in a well known Dublin outlet too, when they gave it to me to try on it fit me awfully, it was too short at the front (I had ordered a size up to get the extra length), and sat weirdly on me, very unflattering on the bust, straps looked all wrong, and the middle fit fine, which it shouldn't have because I ordered a size up. I also noticed a dirty patch on a part of it. Myself and my bridesmaid kicked up murder, we had travelled to pick it up and I was damned if I was leaving with a dress I wasn't happy with. So they offered to clean and press it and have it ready in a few hours, and when I came back and tried it on after it had been pressed it was like a different dress, it fit exactly the way it was supposed to, I couldn't believe it.

Could you go back and request this, seeing as she actually said it hadn't been pressed? I would never have thought doing that would make a difference to the fit, I just wanted it to be clean, but it really fixed it. I didn't need any more fittings with them, just with my own dressmaker at home, twice, and that was only because I had lost a good bit of weight.

I'd go back in and be ready for a fight (all the better if other people are around!), and just say what you've said here, afterwards you were thinking about it and are very unhappy with it.

• Advertisement

I am going to do that Spottybananas.. and I'm going in armed with the photos of me in the sample and of me in the one they ordered for me.

The more I look at them the more I want to cry :(

Glad to hear your story ended well.

I've noticed also in the photos that the detail on the lace doesn't have the lovely sparkles in it that the sample did. It looks much plainer.

I'm freaking out!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Oh xzanti, what a nightmare for you :(. I have no practical advice, but I feel terrible for you.

Definitely get it pressed asap and see then. But if it still doesn't look right, I'd bring it back and kick up an almighty fuss. If you have pictures of what it should look like, and it's clearly a different design, then the shop is at fault and they should have to rectify the situation for you.

All the pressing in the world won't help this tbh.. it's hideous :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

xzanti wrote: »
    All the pressing in the world won't help this tbh.. it's hideous :(

Then try to get the pictures on your phone printed in a big enough size so that the differences are easy to see, and take pictures of you in the current dress for comparison. You'll need to be firm and assertive because the shop won't want to admit that they made a mistake. If you'd be happy with it, then tell them you'll just take the sample dress as a swap.

Faith wrote: »
    Then try to get the pictures on your phone printed in a big enough size so that the differences are easy to see, and take pictures of you in the current dress for comparison. You'll need to be firm and assertive because the shop won't want to admit that they made a mistake. If you'd be happy with it, then tell them you'll just take the sample dress as a swap.

I'll PM you the pics Faith, you'll see what I mean. Give me a minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

I feel for you, that's not a nice experience. I would 100% print off the two pictures and bring them back with a written list of all the differences between the two.

I'd be calm, but assertive. The shop will probably try to say everything's the same, or will be fixed with alterations. If you have a list of what's wrong you can keep referring to it and highlighting what's wrong. You may be able to make some kind of deal with them regarding money back/ free alterations or something, because if the dress isn't what you ordered, it's their fault. Also have someone with you for back up, preferably someone who's good in an argument!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I am going to do that Spottybananas.. and I'm going in armed with the photos of me in the sample and of me in the one they ordered for me.

The more I look at them the more I want to cry :(

Glad to hear your story ended well.

I've noticed also in the photos that the detail on the lace doesn't have the lovely sparkles in it that the sample did. It looks much plainer.

I'm freaking out!
    That's so awful! Is there any chance they ordered you the wrong dress and they knew well but were just trying to foist it off on you? Definitely go back in with the photos, and bring your mum and/or bridesmaids with you for backup.

It would be no harm to phone the National Consumer Agency before you go in, they're usually very helpful.

That's a good idea Toots I will give them a ring tomorrow. Can't do any harm anyway.. Good thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Toots wrote: »
    That's so awful! Is there any chance they ordered you the wrong dress and they knew well but were just trying to foist it off on you? Definitely go back in with the photos, and bring your mum and/or bridesmaids with you for backup.

It would be no harm to phone the National Consumer Agency before you go in, they're usually very helpful.

I had the same thought re the wrong dress. You poor thing, what a flipping disappointment.
    I'd agree about going in with photos. It sounds like the shop messed up, big time.
    I'd throw feelers in all directions re a different dress, and be prepared to go to war, if necessary, re getting a refund.
    Can't even imagine how disappointed you must have been. :(

All the best, and I hope you get sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh no, what a horrible thing for them to do.. They don't sound very professional to be honest.. I would be all over them, defo get what you have paid for it is a disgrace that are making you feel like this and also that they are getting away with it..

I hope it all works out for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Very sorry to hear this. Is there a reason you haven't named the shop in the thread? If they're foisting off bad quality dresses on people, they're probably doing it to more than just one...

Hopefully pressing the dress should sort out the way it fits. Also thought that pinning the sample dress in the back probably hides design issues with how it should normally fit, and so may not be a valid comparison.
    However, any differences with material, its quality or lack of certain features, like sparkle is definitely something you should address with them. If you have someone who could make an appointment for a fitting around the same time as you're going in and request to try on the sample dress, maybe they won't have a chance to hide it and pretend they don't have it if they've messed it up and are trying to cover up.

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Xanti, do you know anyone with some dressmaking experience that you can bring to the meeting with the shop? Because they can then argue what can and cannot be altered -eg the lace, or where the dress is tight.

I'd do a bit of sewing for myself, so I went with my sister when she picked up her dress as my eye would have spotted something quicker than hers. Luckily all is well.

I'd be happy to take a look at your dress photos and give my very amateur opinion if it helps?

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you. :( You'd have been given your order sheet so double check the sizes against the dress you got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

You poor thing. It could be an idea to take some photos of yourself in the dress at the same angles as the photos of you in the sample. THat way you are comparing like with like.

Also agree with Neyite, let a dressmaker look at it as they can tell you if something was done right or not.

Fingers crossed it all works out for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Was reading an article on independent.ie this morning about people buying wedding dresses online but getting something very different delivered.

It would make one wonder whether this crowd could be up to something similar ie taking orders/measurements instore then ordering it online but charging the buyer full whack.

Really hope you get sorted Xanti and I'd strongly advise you go back to the shop and deliver a serious ass-footing.

Has this problem been found with the shop before on any other forums? Maybe state the general area and others would be able to say if they had similar issues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

This ordering online is what I think a lot of them have to be doing. I just do not understand why they shops say some of the dresses take around 4 months etc to come in. I get that they are wedding dresses but it seems a bit mad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

If you are very unhappy and don't think dress can be salvaged then I would go back to the shop with the dress and demand a full refund. be very firm, state your rights, good not as described etc, mention the small claims court as well as the effect of negative feedback on well known wedding forums.
    take your refund and start looking for off the rack. There's a fabulous shop in temple bar called memories where you can buy off the rack. got my own dress as a sample in bcouture arklow. have a great selection there also. then put it behind you as a lucky escape and don't settle for a substandard dress, your paying enough for it, should be 100 per cent perfect. Best of luck and be very assertive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

Milly33 wrote: »
    This ordering online is what I think a lot of them have to be doing. I just do not understand why they shops say some of the dresses take around 4 months etc to come in. I get that they are wedding dresses but it seems a bit mad

Nearly all the major designers have their dresses made to order in china. At various times of year there can be a backlog too, hence the long order times. Its possible this dress escaped quality control, but the shop shouldnt be trying to fob you off. They'll be a victim of bad craftsmanship and customer service too if they dont handle it properly.

Pics PMed to the ladies who asked to see.

So my first port of call this morning was the National Consumer Helpline, who were very helpful and directed me to a few different methods of complaint.

I rang the lady in the shop and told her I was unhappy etc etc and I got exactly what I was expecting, she started rabbiting on about alterations etc and I told in no uncertain terms that I wanted nothing to do with the dress she put me in on Saturday, whether she altered it, butchered it or hung bells and whistles out of it, I don't want to see it again.

I was just in the process of writing that she never called me back there, and lo and behold then the phone rang. She's still maintaining that she's spoken to Tom, Dick and Harry and they've assured her that the dress is of the same quality as the sample. I just read her out of it!! I'm absolutely fuming. She's to call me back in the morning having spoken to whom ever is her Senior. Even though I'm pretty sure she told myself and my Mother last year that she owns the shop.

I just want my money back at this stage so I can go and start the process of finding my actual dress.

Anyone have any Valium :(:(:(

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

You poor thing! Out of interest what did the consumer helpline advise you to do?

I have no Valium, however might I suggest some wine and a tub of Ben & Jerrys to be consumed in a bath surrounded by scented candles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Xzanti by any chance was your dress by Justin Alexander? I only ask as my finances sister had a similar experience with a Justin Alexander dress. The dress that came in first had a stain and also just didn't look right.

The shop she dealt with eventually got her another one couriered over from America.

Perhaps the shop will try this route for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭lovelystuff

Xzanti you poor thing. You could threaten to post the pics on their Facebook page, and naming the shop on social media etc.they sound like chancers unfortunately, unless there is any chance it could be fixed? Could you pm it to me, I know someone who might have suggestions for whether it's salvageable. It might be a good idea to start looking in Monsoon, House of Frasier, Memories etc, as well as sample sales so you have a back up plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

Talk to Joe?

Toots wrote: »
    You poor thing! Out of interest what did the consumer helpline advise you to do?

They advised me to send an email or letter stating my complaint, and if I didn't get satisfaction that I could take them to the small claims court at a standard fee of €25. They have a template letter on their page outlining consumer rights etc. Good to know.
    ahayes84 wrote: »
    Xzanti by any chance was your dress by Justin Alexander?

No, but they do stock Justin Alexander dresses in there.

• Advertisement

If you're sending an email, send them a hard copy by registered post also. That way there's no way they could claim that they didn't get it. It's good to know that you've got the small claims court as an option, it can often light a bit of a fire under retailers who are being difficult.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

What condition was the sample dress in? Worst case scenario could you take that at a ridiculously reduced rate and get it altered? Mine was off the peg, completely lace dress and was taken in 4 sizes with no difference in the shape or quality.
    I'd put money on the shop being the place that closed down their 2 other shops and were supposed to be going under completely at one stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

I didn't think to ask if the sample was still there but I have photos on my phone of me in the sample and they look totally different. To be honest it looks like I ordered a cheap copy of it from China. Even the satin detail around the midriff looks crap compared to the sample. I'd nearly rather she sold me the sample.

I think the sample was about a 12/14 and she pegged it at the back. She told me she was ordering me a 12 as it was easier to adjust a dress to make it smaller, which makes sense. I'm about a 10.

I've no real issue with the dress being baggy around the middle, I understand that it can be taken in. It just looks really weired around the top. I don't see how they can make the lace part longer. It's a combination of lace around the neckline, then satin and lace around the bust, and just satin around the midriff. They'd have to add more lace in order for it to look right.

I've been looking at photos of both dresses and the difference is startling tbh.
    Yeah she had pegs at the back.

Not saying that this is what happened but a wedding dress supplier in cavan was found out by a customer that she was getting copies of designer dresses made in China and passing them off as the real deal. Only was found out when she fecked off on holidays,left a bride to be in the lurch and bride made contact with the dress company who hadn't had an order off shop owner in months and months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

No Valium to offer, but just want to say well done on giving it to them straight. Fingers crossed you get sorted, asap. Might be worth throwing out a query on a few wedding sites re tracking down the dress elsewhere, if they can't come up with the goods.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭boogaloop

What a horrible & incredibly stressful thing to happen, so sorry to hear that. You are so right to just demand your money back and please don't panic over choosing another dress - you honestly do have enough time, even though the shop will no doubt try & scare you by saying you don't.

I'd love to see the photos on pm, hard to believe they could have ballsed it up that much on the measurements - sounds to me like it's a completely different design of a dress?

I really hope they will change their tune & pronto. I think first option might be to see if they still have the sample dress & can they give you that at a really reduced rate? (as in, give you all of your money back & then you pay something for the sample?). If there's no dice with that then I'd demand the refund & just leave. They obviously won't be in business for much longer with that kind of attitude.

Check out other wedding sites - there are some amazing dressmakers around that I bet you could make something really similar if you show them the photos you took of yourself in the right dress last February.

Best of luck with it all, you could really do without this kind of worry at the moment. Hugs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

heldel00 wrote: »
    Not saying that this is what happened but a wedding dress supplier in cavan was found out by a customer that she was getting copies of designer dresses made in China and passing them off as the real deal. Only was found out when she fecked off on holidays,left a bride to be in the lurch and bride made contact with the dress company who hadn't had an order off shop owner in months and months.

I was blessed, I had an appointment to go there as they had an Essense of Australia dress I really wanted to try. Arrived at her garage (shop) and there wasn't anyone there. Glad I fecked off in a huff instead of waiting/rescheduling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

We may not be talking about the same person. A few ladies in cavan do a fine job from their own homes/ garages but this particular con-artist left a few girls high and dry. She had no shame in telling them "well I'm in Australia for a month so I can't do much for ya!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

pooch90 wrote: »
    I was blessed, I had an appointment to go there as they had an Essense of Australia dress I really wanted to try. Arrived at her garage (shop) and there wasn't anyone there. Glad I fecked off in a huff instead of waiting/rescheduling.

Jesus that's awful. What happened with that shop in the end?

OP I feel for you, its awful to have this stress so close to the wedding when you have been dreaming about your dress all year. I only ordered my dress last week and the thoughts of this happening gives me a sick feeling in my stomach.I hope you get sorted, by any chance would you pm me the shop name?

Ginny wrote: »
    What condition was the sample dress in? Worst case scenario could you take that at a ridiculously reduced rate and get it altered? Mine was off the peg, completely lace dress and was taken in 4 sizes with no difference in the shape or quality.
    I'd put money on the shop being the place that closed down their 2 other shops and were supposed to be going under completely at one stage.

The sample dress was fine when I tried it on but that was a year ago. I'd say it's seen a few bodys since then :o

I've emailed the designer themselves and asked them to contact me asap!

The more I look at the pics the more I'm smelling a rat. Really starting to suspect that it came from elsewhere :(

oh no that's awful what a scam!!
    i hope it works out ok

can you PM me the pics as well please?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

Oh you poor thing..I have no advice to offer but hope everything works out for you...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Really hope this gets sorted. Such a mess when these things go wrong.

If you paid any part of that on credit card, see if you can cancel, or lodge a dispute.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rustyf81

This is just so unbelievable. You poor poor girl, 9 weeks to go this is the last thing you want to have to deal with but good on you for following it up. You are absolutely right.
    I was a bit uneasy when my dress came in because it was so out of shape but I was able to visualise exactly what it would look like when alterations were done.
    And it turned out perfect.

Would you mind sending me on a pic please?

If you are going back into the shop, be absolutely certain to bring at least two ppl with you as back up - a dressmaker if possible too, someone to talk the talk.

Keep us all posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Shadylou

My sister is in the middle of sorting out something like this at the mo..pm me if you want more details

The sample dress was fine when I tried it on but that was a year ago. I'd say it's seen a few bodys since then :o

I've emailed the designer themselves and asked them to contact me asap!

The more I look at the pics the more I'm smelling a rat. Really starting to suspect that it came from elsewhere :(

That's a good idea! I'd imagine the designer would be less than pleased to find out that a stockist of their dresses was possibly selling something that wasn't above board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Wow, so sorry for all the stress this is obviously causing at this stage of the planning!

If you don't mind, could you pm the name of the shop, I've just started looking, I've been to 3 shops in dublin but I'd like to stay away from that one!

Good luck with the dress hunting..

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

amor3 wrote: »
    Wow, so sorry for all the stress this is obviously causing at this stage of the planning!

If you don't mind, could you pm the name of the shop, I've just started looking, I've been to 3 shops in dublin but I'd like to stay away from that one!

Good luck with the dress hunting..
    I'm so sorry to hear this, I feel I'll for you. Would you mind pm'ing me the name also, as I have just ordered my dress? And the photos too if you don't mind. Thanks so much and hope it all works out x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Oh no!! What an absolute disaster. That is one of the most stressful things that can happen in the lead up to your wedding. Can you PM me the pics too? I'd be so interested to see them. Are you allowed PM the name of the shop? I've a couple of friends who've just got engaged so they'll be starting wedding dress shopping soon and would like to warn them. I have to say, when I went dress shopping myself the attitudes of certain shops were appalling. im so sorry this happened to you :(

It's a great idea to contact the dress designer directly - get on that first thing tomorrow. Did you pay via credit card? Lodge a dispute with the bank. I hope you can get this sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Op, did you pay cash or card?

You have rights here. What you were sold is unfit for purpose and not as described. Fcuk alterations, you're entitled to your money back.

If you paid a mixture of cash and card, and can afford to do it this way - ask your bank for a chargeback because the goods are not as described, go get a new dress, and small claims court for whatever you paid in cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

OP, could you please PM the pictures if you wouldn't mind?

Sorry that it had to come to this for you. Best you get your money back though as even if the dress turned out ok after lots of tweaking, you'd just feel unhappy in it as it's been such a source of stress for you.
    Hope you find a different dress you love and can feel happy in too. It may not be standard time for getting a wedding dress, but there's plenty you can do with buying off the rack, seeing if you can get sample sale somewhere, Barnardos shop, and resizing another dress, which should only take a couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

heldel00 wrote: »
    We may not be talking about the same person. A few ladies in cavan do a fine job from their own homes/ garages but this particular con-artist left a few girls high and dry. She had no shame in telling them "well I'm in Australia for a month so I can't do much for ya!"

I'm assuming it was Serendipity Style in Virginia you were talking about?
    Wasn't trying to tar anyone working from home with a bad brush, I got my BM dresses from a similar set up in Galway and my alterations too.

OP, awful for you but I have full faith you can get this sorted in time.
    Big hugs!

• Advertisement
Advertisement