Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior cert studying!?

Options
  • 18-01-2015 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I am doing Irish, German, Tech, Geography, English, History, Science, Maths, Religion, Business and CSPE (all higher level, except for CSPE ofc). Do you think, that hardcore studying from here until June will be enough for all As?

Do you have any advice for studying Maths, Tech?

For English what do you think, I should do? Should I try and learn off important points for Paper 2 and a rehearsed personal writing piece. The rest I am fine with.

How many hours of homework and studying do you think I should be doing?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭MRledzepo

I'm in the same boat , I'm doing art instead of tech , studied 7 hours for novembers passed everything , haven't started studying for my mocks on the 5th of February , I'm wondering could I pull of all A's if I started hardcoring it from here .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭abutler101

I am doing 2 hours study a night since after Christmas and whatever homework I have. For english I am learning quotes for drama and fiction, about 100/150 for each and the main points for each essay. I am learning 3 poems, a war poem, a death poem and a nature poem. I think I will be doing the debate speech for personal writing.

I was told a while ago something along the lines of 'maths is not a spectator sport' so practise on all the questions is the best way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

abutler101 wrote:
    I was told a while ago something along the lines of 'maths is not a spectator sport' so practise on all the questions is the best way to go.

Is that the speech option for the English mock???

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

haiyna wrote: »
    Is that the speech option for the English mock???

I think they said that in reference to the fact that it's not really possible to 'study' maths in the same way as other subjects, the only way to improve is by doing questions over and over until you can get them correct

emersyn wrote:
    I think they said that in reference to the fact that it's not really possible to 'study' maths in the same way as other subjects, the only way to improve is by doing questions over and over until you can get them correct

Well I'll have a general idea of that walking into my exam, thanks a lot as I plan on doing the speech

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

haiyna wrote: »
    Well I'll have a general idea of that walking into my exam, thanks a lot as I plan on doing the speech

The OP asked for help with maths, the poster was replying to them. No need to be rude.

emersyn wrote:
    The OP asked for help with maths, the poster was replying to them. No need to be rude.

MY APOLOGIES, I read the previous posts completely wrong. Wasn't trying to be rude! I thought that he was talking about the personal writing in the English exam...

Advertisement