Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canoe repair help

Options
  • 18-01-2015 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi I recently pulled out the old canoe from out the back. It's been sitting in a field for a few years. It's full of holes and cracks. I have it for sale on adverts. Is it worth selling cheap or repairing it myself. Also what materials do i need to repair it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Hi I recently pulled out the old canoe from out the back. It's been sitting in a field for a few years. It's full of holes and cracks. I have it for sale on adverts. Is it worth selling cheap or repairing it myself. Also what materials do i need to repair it.

I presume its fibreglass boat your talking about?

Have you the link to it on adverts?

How bad is it.
    If its sitting outside in all weather it will have weakened severely. Especially when you say it has holes and cracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭tphase

if this is it <http://www.adverts.ie/boats/canadian-canoe-major-repair-project/7221544>, I wouldn't waste any time or money on it. You'd be better off building one from scratch

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jamesyboid88

Yep that's the one :( cheers I may let her to so

Id say the same. Not worth it if its been outside and already has holes in it

Id say the same. Not worth it if its been outside and already has holes in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Apart from the amount of repairs you need to do, the fibreglass is probably well pasted it use by date. It is going to be very weak and probably won't last a river trip.

Advertisement