Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Back to business!

• 18-01-2015 10:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭

Im finally back biking.
    Picked up a 99 deauville from Sligo yesterday for 1250.
    Was a great journey home to get back to biking,bleeding snow,rain and freezing temperatures all on the way home!!
    Gave it an oil and filter change this evening. Need to find a top box tho as there's none. Oh and I need to get it restricted :(:(:(:( and heated grips for the hands!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Safe ride, lovely bike them Deauvilles

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Well wear!
    Must be the most underrated shaftdrive tourer ever.
    Mislabelled by the great british biking press from the start.
    Keep an eye on the fuel pump, they can give trouble with the points which will stop the bike.
    Easy fix if you are anyway handy with a soldering iron and David Silver has the points unit for 20stg.
    Re topbox, there are a couple of different Givi fixings, I have a Moto-detail 44l box which has a Monokey mount, this is different to the Monolock version which has a different mounting.
    You can get secondhand boxes pretty cheaply on Adverts or Donedeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Safe riding, and enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭honda boi

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Well wear!
    Must be the most underrated shaftdrive tourer ever.
    Mislabelled by the great british biking press from the start.
    Keep an eye on the fuel pump, they can give trouble with the points which will stop the bike.
    Easy fix if you are anyway handy with a soldering iron and David Silver has the points unit for 20stg.
    Re topbox, there are a couple of different Givi fixings, I have a Moto-detail 44l box which has a Monokey mount, this is different to the Monolock version which has a different mounting.
    You can get secondhand boxes pretty cheaply on Adverts or Donedeal.

Checked the bike running on reserve so fuel pump seems ok.
    Cheers for the links,seen David silver has the top box set http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/NT650VX-DEAUVILLE-1999/part_91312/
    Wondering if this worth the €200?
    Would need the biggest box I can get really.
    Edit: may get this instead,half the price? http://touch.adverts.ie/accessories/brand-new-top-box-for-sale-62l/5590474

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cunn

Well ware glad you got one. That was a long spin home in this weather.

• Advertisement

honda boi wrote: »
    Checked the bike running on reserve so fuel pump seems ok.
    Cheers for the links,seen David silver has the top box set http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/NT650VX-DEAUVILLE-1999/part_91312/
    Wondering if this worth the €200?
    Would need the biggest box I can get really.
    Edit: may get this instead,half the price? http://touch.adverts.ie/accessories/brand-new-top-box-for-sale-62l/5590474
    You really need a 62 litre box?
    Thats massive I thought the Givi Maxia was big at 55litres .
    TBH I would go with as small as I could get away with, they catch a lot of wind and can affect stability.
    If you need extra capacity a waterproof roll bag can be strapped on the back of the seat. You will find a couple of metal hooks under the seat for holding stuff on, not super strong but good enough for light use.
    You have two panniers don't forget and there are Hi-capacity lids available that make them much bigger/wider.

You really need a 62 litre box?
    Thats massive I thought the Givi Maxia was big at 55litres .
    TBH I would go with as small as I could get away with, they catch a lot of wind and can affect stability.
    If you need extra capacity a waterproof roll bag can be strapped on the back of the seat. You will find a couple of metal hooks under the seat for holding stuff on, not super strong but good enough for light use.
    You have two panniers don't forget and there are Hi-capacity lids available that make them much bigger/wider.

Need a top box that I can fit my toolbox in to,and that box,s dimensions is grand for my toolbox,.
    Will end up wheeling the bike when I put my toolbox in it!!!lol
    Where's a good place to get heated grips and wind deflectors?

Need a top box that I can fit my toolbox in to,and that box,s dimensions is grand for my toolbox,.
    Where's a good place to get heated grips and wind deflectors?
    Wind deflectors are no longer available from Honda.
    This guy sells reproductions for the same price they cost from Honda originally.
    Heated grips: You can get Oxford ones here from most bike shops, not sure what they retail for, or Louis in Germany sell them for €50-60 a pair.

Wind deflectors are no longer available from Honda.
    This guy sells reproductions for the same price they cost from Honda originally.
    Heated grips: You can get Oxford ones here from most bike shops, not sure what they retail for, or Louis in Germany sell them for €50-60 a pair.

Took the plunge and got the wind deflectors,needed them as my hands would be frozen after 10 minutes.
    Might pick up a set of them r and g grips as they are about £30

Just be careful putting a lot of weight up high and on those rear handles.
    They are only plastic.
    Handling can be weird with lots of weight high over the rear wheel.
    I think 10kg is as much as I would stick in a topbox mounted on plastic,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

You'd maybe be better off mounting your toolbox behind you on the pillion, you will really notice it if it is in the topbox. The weight of a fully laden topbox has massive leverage and you will feel the effects. I had the full wind deflector kit on the Pan and it does make a great difference although the extra width on the fairing sometimes caught my knees when coming to a stop. Well wear with the new bike btw.

Advertisement