Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in Louth

Options
  • 18-01-2015 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello people,

me and my girlfriend trying to find somewhere to rent in Louth, as will be working in Dundalk. I try to look on daft.ie etc and all I can see is places for 700euro plus and not many properties at all. Anyone have advice? and what is bridge street like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Avoid Bridge Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

Bridge street is ok depending on which part, there are much nicer areas of town obviously but I wouldn't just rule it out straight away. If you're looking for a 2 bed apt it would be fine.
    Theres actually very little about at the minute, only 34 3-4 bed properties in the whole of Louth on daft and prices are way up too

Is it a house or apartment you're looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

afebmunn wrote: »
    Hello people,

me and my girlfriend trying to find somewhere to rent in Louth, as will be working in Dundalk. I try to look on daft.ie etc and all I can see is places for 700euro plus and not many properties at all. Anyone have advice? and what is bridge street like?

Do you both Drive? Would you consider something a bit furher out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

The tain court apartments are fine, and if your working in paypal their bus picks up on your doorstep. As other posters have said, Bridge street isnt the best part of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Ignore Mrs W.

Avoid Bridge Street.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

In fairness the Apartments at the end of Bridge St (coming in from Newry Rd) are a decent residential spot but I wouldnt fancy walking home at night/early morning etc... from town

Advertisement