Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat grooming

• 18-01-2015 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi just wondering if anyone knows of any cat grooming businesses in the west of Ireland (willing to travel as far as Dublin if needs be). I have 2 long haired Persians who require some attention! All help greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Shenooke wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if anyone knows of any cat grooming businesses in the west of Ireland (willing to travel as far as Dublin if needs be). I have 2 long haired Persians who require some attention! All help greatly appreciated!!

Here might be of more benefit.

Animal & Pet Issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I don't know of any specific cat grooming services, but if you got in touch with the breeder you got them from they would be able to steer you in the right direction or else advise you on how to groom them yourself at home. It's really really important to keep up regular daily brushing with long haired cats. If they are really bad, you could bring them to a vet who would be able to sedate them to do a deep groom, it's not a solution for a regular basis though, only if there's severe matting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I second the idea of asking the breeder, especially since a breeder is likely to show their cats and would get them groomed prior to the shows. You may also ask your vet if they know of anyone who grooms cats. It seems like it wouldn't be that hard to find, but I know from experience that it can be. Some groomers will also want recommendations from your vet saying that your cat isn't likely to freak and scratch their eyeballs out while they're being groomed.

I also agree that you should keep up daily brushing of your Persians. My mom had a Norwegian Forest cat and while her coat was glorious, it would get matted from time to time. It's uncomfortable for them, so it's important to do your best to prevent matting. And most cats LOVE getting brushed so it can be a good chance to bond with them!

Advertisement