Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Open Elec and Live TV

• 19-01-2015 12:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭

Having Open Elec running on M8 but can't for the life of me figure out how to get live TV going.

Anyone got a simple guide to do so? Have enabled TvHeadend but just lost on really.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

dahat wrote: »
    Having Open Elec running on M8 but can't for the life of me figure out how to get live TV going.

Anyone got a simple guide to do so? Have enabled TvHeadend but just lost on really.

Do you have a server with live tv and the headend server running ?
    If it's jsut playlist based live tv you're better off with simple iptv client.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ste- wrote: »
    Do you have a server with live tv and the headend server running ?
    If it's jsut playlist based live tv you're better off with simple iptv client.

A server? That's the startnof where I'm getting lost.

Could you go into a little more detail please. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

A server? That's the startnof where I'm getting lost.

Could you go into a little more detail please. Thanks.

To get tvheadend working you would feed a tv cable into a server or PC or raspberry pi where you'd be running the application tvheadend to do your live tv to watch/record. you then feed the details into openelc of this server.

Have a browse over here http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR/Backend/Tvheadend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Tvheadend back end manages the tuner settings and so on for the installed tuner cards.
    There is a Tvheadend client plugin for XBMC/Kodi which connects to that backend and provides the user interface and user settings.
    The backend and user inteface can be on two different machines provided they are on the same LAN.

Set up of the Tvheadend backend is achieved through a web browser aimed at <LAN ip address>:9981

So 'Live TV' is done with tuner cards and the alternative is Internet TV ..... IPTV.

Advertisement