Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2015 ***No Requests, use the Search button! READ FIRST POST before posting!***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 msmocks

I did H.L Religion (think it was DEB)
    Section A : Q1 (a) Plato (b) 2 key moments in development in philosophy OR Q2 (a) Aquinas' proofs on God's existence (b) polytheism (2 examples, ie Hinduism and Shinto

Section B (a) 2 examples of how imperial Rome were threatened by Jesus' message (b) an example of how the work and teachings of a Christian denomination carry out Jesus' mission in one of the following..the only option I remember is of a just, inclusive society and I did SVP

Section C (a) i. Origins of inter-faith dialogue in 2 religions, ii. Importance of it in Ireland & example (Corrymeela)
    (b) Origins of authority in 2 religions

Section E Religion and Gender (a) Images of God/Gender roles - 2 religions (b) there were a few options, I did biology and sociology

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Almen11

French Not sure think is exxamcraft -
    (spoiler)The journal intime- was how you have had good time adapting to online shopping but you bought something and got ripped off. Write out this subject.
    Another one was a picture of a child worker- basically you had to write about why this is bad and the importance of school instead of working
    Other one i wrote was about problems with minors in the area so there has been a curfew put in place to prevent this. What to you think of this? Is there a better solution.

Can someone confirm that this is the French exxamcraft please !!!
    Was the aural on ecotourism, credit cards and a boy with a summer job in the library?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Username44

libra33 wrote: »
    Biology HL (Examcraft)

I didn't keep a copy of the paper but here's an idea of what came up:

SECTION A:

Food
    Plant Tissue
    Genetics
    Breathing System
    Photosynthesis

SECTION B:

Photosynthesis
    All enzyme experiments except immobilisation in one
    Dissection of Heart (I think I didn't do this question)

SECTION C:

Ecology
    The Ear
    The Eye
    The Brain
    Yeast
    Excretion
    Male Reproductive System
    Genetics
    ATP
    Human Nutrition

Also Know
    The difference between excretion and egestion
    Location of a pacemaker
    The immolised enzymes experiment is on it
    How to keep temperature consent and vary pH
    Mendals Law
    Double fertilisation
    The long question about yeast asks about precautions during the Yeast experiment and advantages of Yeast in any industry

If I can remember anything else ill post it! Overall it wasn't a bad paper!
    Infinity12 wrote: »
    Did the
    nitrogen or carbon cycle
    come up in ecology? :)
    No thank god! Pyramid of numbers, different factors in your eco system and the difference between the factors.

I can confirm that this is not DeB as i sat the paper this afternoon .
    The deb paper has
    1 shes leaving home 2 2nd movt mozart 3 Totentanz Seachanges 4) Berlioz 2nd movt .
    Melody was in 6 8 and hormony in b flat

Irish Music Essay
    How music is preserved in the 20th century
    Irish Dances
    Irish composer
    Can't remeber last one . !

Do you remember if this melody also happened to be minor with an upbeat by any chance please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 meldale

Did any constructions come up in debs maths HL paper 2? Any drawing whatsoever besides the geometry theorom and trigonometry theoroms? :(

debs maths HL paper 2
    You had to construct the root2 -1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 dlad1233

The DEB ordinary level math was very hard paper 1
    Complex numbers
    Functions and graphs
    Prsi financial math
    rational and irrational numbers

Read the first post please. - Mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Business HL Debs
    Short questions:

Differences between Job and batch production.
    EU Match letters to bodies.
    Abbreviations of USC, SEPA, DIRT, WTO and HSA
    Acid Test Ratio
    Memerandum of Association purpose and 3 items included in it.
    Difference between indemnity and utmost good faith.
    Name a community development organisation and 2 ways they help entrepeneurs.
    Grounds for fair dismissal

Abq:
    Characteristics or skills of an entrepreneur (20)
    How does TQM benefit totzone? (30)
    how manager can use her management skills to achieve the long term goals of the business (30)

Question 1:
    Explain these 3 terms, Consideration, Capacity to contract and specific performance.

Know 2 functions of the NCA, Comsumer protection act 2007, What is a data subject and 2 of their rights. Obligations of a data controller (pretty sure you need to name all obligations, because it doesnt state how many so to be safe I'd mention them all)

Question 3: Why do FDI's invest in ireland.
    Impact of FDI's on ireland. (2 Positive and Negative i believe, it was worth 20 marks and is the impact so mention both)
    benefit of the EU for small indigenous firms

Question 6: What is market research.
    Identify and explain two types of market research.

Outline external sources other than market research of new product ideas.
    Outline two methods of business expansion for John.

Question 7: Can't remember any of this at all. if it comes back to me ill update.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 johnnysgot123

CONSTRUCTION H.L! BARCODE ON LEFT!
    1-door threashold
    3-wheelchair accessiblity
    5- i think - plumbing with stove and a another question on solar collecter/panal
    u value ( wall)
    passive house and mhrv
    low envire - loacton, form and materials

• Registered Users Posts: 18 briosca

kiwiLC wrote: »
    home ec shot q's:
    RDA dietary allowances in detail,calcification,consumer acts 2007,vegan dietary guidelines ,fire retardant labels -know what they mean,gel formation,foam formation..im sory I cant remember anymore ...

:Long q's-:the section B compulsory question is about snacking daily the 5 headings they give you are energy,indulgence,habit,health and well being,nutritional you have to comment and elaborate on the different age groups and percentages and why they snack ?

:know sodium and what its made of -food sources,biological functions,etc
    know food labeling and why its important-
    know these three definitions-dextrinisation,swettness,solubility
    that will cover you for section B Q.1

I choose q.4 and 5 and these may not suit you -consumer choice is affected by what factors?
    4 techniques retailers use to increase impulse buying in store
    elective question-unemployment
    -- marraige-- thats all I can remember -sorry good luck !

Are you sure this is DEBS? Someone else posted DEBS and they had something different. Also, I was told by my teacher that there was
    an in depth RDA question
    on our paper and we use Examcraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 daisy97

FRENCH OL DEB
    Postcard

You are staying with your sister in Nice
    You went surfing yesterday and it was great
    You will go to the city centre tomorrow to visit the markets

Diary Entry
    All I can remember from this is
    You are on an exchange
    Your journey lasted 5 hours and the family are nice

It's quite a fair paper. Make sure you know what an orage and a tempête is for your comprehensions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 mb456

Lmalone179 wrote: »
    Anyone have paper two?

SUBJECT: IRISH
    COMPANY: EXAMCRAFT

PAPER ONE:
    (spoiler)

A - AISTE

(a) Córas Oideachas na hÉireann
    (b) Na daoine tábhachtaí i mo shaol
    (c) Ábhar dóchais é todhchaí
    (d) Réaltaí ceoil sa lá atá inniu ann
    (e) Scéal idirnáisiúnta a bhfuil suim agam ann

B - SCÉAL

(a) Cairdeas
    (b) Cleachtadh a dhéanann máistreacht

C - DÍOSPÓireacht/ ÓRÁID

(a) 'Tá an iomraca béime ar chúrsaí spóirt sa lá atá inniu ann
    (b) 'An tábhacht a bhaineann leis an dúlra

PAPER TWO

(spoiler)

CEIST 1 - LÉAMHTHUISCINT

A- John Sheahan, Baile Átha Cliathach

6 (a) Br. Saor AL and Chopail san AC
    (b) tréithe

B - TG4 Súil Eile

6 (a) uimhir iolra and bhriathar Gnáthchaite
    (b) Cén cineál

CÉIST 2 - PRÓS

Cáca Milis

(a) Pháirt a ghlacann Paul
    (b) An fhorbairt a dhéantar ar phearsa Catherine
    (c) Tréith scannánaíochta

CÉIST 3 - FILÍOCHT

Geibheann

(a) éifeachtach ar théama na saoirse sa dán Géibheann
    (b) Mothúchán is mó
    (c) Caitlín Maude

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Breeno98

Physics HL (barcode top right)
    Section A
    Q1 [In an experiment to investigate the relationship between the acceleration of a body and the force applied to it, a student recorded the following data.
    (table of results, F vs a)
    Describe the procedure involved in measuring the acceleration of a body.
    Using the data above, plot a graph showing the relationship between the acceleration of a body and the force applied to it.
    From your graph, find the mass of the body.
    After completing this exp. a student found that the graph did not go through the origin, suggest a possible reason and how the apparatus should be adjusted so the graph would go through the origin.]

Q2 [In an exp. to measure the wave lenght of a monochromatic light source, a narrow beam of light was incident normally on a diffraction grating having 400 lines per mm, a number of bright images were observed. The angles (theta symbol) between the central bright image and the first two images to the left and right were measured and recorded as shown below:
    |......|2nd image to the left of centre|1st image|centre image|1st right|2nd right|
    |(theta)|30..................................|14...........|0................|14.5......|31........|
    Name a monochromatic light source.
    Describe with the aid of a diagram, how the data above was obtained.
    Using the data, calculate the wave lenght of the monochromatic light.
    Based on your results, what source of monoc. light was used?
    What effect would each of the following changes have on the image formed
    (1) light source of longer wave lenght
    (2) incresasing the distance between the slits
    (3) using a source of white light instead]

Sorry i haven't got time to type the rest properly!
    Q3 [latent heat of vaporisation of water]
    Q4 [the variation of the current I with potential difference V for a semiconductor diode]

I'll have more time later if anyone wants questions for Sec. B just let me know

Mod - Come on people, HL Physics and you can't read the first post or do a spoiler?????

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Katie97123

HL Examcraft Irish P2.
    An Trial Q:
    Nil priomhphearsa ar bith gan locht sa drama seo" Dean ple ar an raiteas sin i gcas beirt de phriomhphearsana an drama seo".

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Katie97123

Chemistry Hl DEBS
    Q1. Iron Tablet Exp. Q2. Production of ethene , Q3. Hydrogen peroxide rates of reactions (know equation, instantaneous rate, change in shape to graph is finely ground powder was used), Q 4: 2shapes for molecule AB2, phosphate anion test, how many elections and neutrons on NA23,11 , how many atoms of hydrogen in 560cm3 hydrogen at stp, name analytical technique based in promotion of electrons for ground state to higher energy states, 2 metals in catalytic converter, account for differences in bond angle between water (104.5) and methane(109.5), atomic orbital, what circumstances can ionic compounds conduct eletricity, empirical formula. Q5. electronegativity, dot and cross magnesium oxide, jj thompson, rutherfords 3 observations. Q6 2 hydrogen carbons octane number (heptane, 224 trimethyl pentane), 2 ways of making hydrogen plus equation, heat of combustion, IUPAC names. Q7. Water, secondary sewage treatment, heavy metal ions, colorimetric exp, comparator/colorimeter, find suspended and dissolved solid concentration. Q8. Equilibrium: ammonia produced process, effect of catalyst, increasing conc, temp. Q10. draw Ph graph, suggest indicator, oxidation reduction (OF2), eutrophication, BOD. Q11. PH, avogrados law, ideal gas, ideal gas equation calculation, 2 options.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

mod: If people cannot follow the simple instruction to NOT post requests, I will lock this and it can be opened when there is an unfortunate mod willing to sit here and repeatedly delete posts.

Read the first post.

If you have something to post, post it. Do not ask people to PM you.

For the number of people asking who are obviously already doing mocks, it is a disgrace how few papers are up - lots of taking but no giving going on.
    This sort of thread only works if people are all helping. Not leaving it to a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Postoffice123

OL maths paper 1 examcraft:
    Tax
    Graphs
    Depreciation
    Indices
    Algebra (really easy basic Q's)

English DEBS paper 2:
    Shakespeare: "fascinating and complex character of Iago" agree/disagree with reference to text

A. Lit gen (a variety of techniques can be employed in a text to shape a memorable story line)

B. Theme or issue (exploring a theme or issue in different texts can often challenge or reinforce the preconceived ideas of a reader

Unseen poetry: Poem 'spell' by Kate clanchy

Studied poetry:

1. John Donne (his language is both thought-provoking and numerous-discuss)

2. Robert frost ( in frosts poetry, seemingly ordinary subjects often yield complex and interesting interpretations) agree or disagree with reference to themes and language

3. John montague (makes effective use of language to confront personal, intimate and very painful memories)

4. Eileen ni chuilleanain (uses language to explore personal memories which create a strong sense of mystery) agree or disagree ..

That's the whole paper 2. To return the favour could someone send on the examcraft geo paper HL tks

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭STEEL COMET

Not sure if debs or examcraft.... HL Accounting.
    (spoiler) [Q1 final account of manufacturing company

Q5 ratios
    Q6 tabular statement
    Q7 incomplete records

Q8. Job costing
    Q9 Cash budgets]

Guys please put something up especially if your taking info down! Not enough papers being posted otherwise......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 2015LC1

Hi everyone just my input....Thanks to everyone who has posted spoilers already!
    Accounting HL DEBS
    SECTION ONE: Answer either Question One OR two of Questions 2,3 & 4

Q1: Company Final Accounts including a Manufacturing Account (120 Marks)

You are required to prepare a:

(a) Manufacturing, Trading and Profit and Loss Account (75 Marks)

(b) Balance Sheet (45 Marks)

Q2 Debetors Control Account (60 Marks)

(a) Prepare the Adjusted Ledger Control Account (24 Marks)

(b) Prepare the Adjusted Schedule (List) of Debtors Control Account showing the original balance (28 Marks)

(c) (i) Explain the importance of Control Accounts
    (ii)Give two reasons why the balance in the Debetors Control Account may not agree with the balance in the Schedule of Debtors (8 Marks)

Q3 Revaluation of Fixed Assets (60 Marks)

(a) Prepare the revelant ledger accounts in respect of the above transactions for each of the years ended 31 December 2013 to 31 December 2014 (Bank Account and Profit and Loss Account not required) (52 Marks)

(b) (I) Show the relevant extract from the Balance Sheet
    (II) What factors are taken into account in arriving at an annual depreciation charge?
    (8 Marks)

Q4 Farm Accounts (60 Marks) *NOT a 100 Mark Question as previously stated*

(a) Prepare a Statement of Capital for the farm (20 Marks)

(b) Prepare an Enterprise Analysis Account for 'Cattle and Milk' and 'Sheep (20 Marks)
    (c) Prepare a general Profit and Loss Account for the year ended 31/12/2014 (12 Marks)

(d) (i) Which account, other than Drawings, is affected by ''Farm produce used by Family''? Explain your answer
    (II) Prepare the Drawings Account (8 Marks)

SECTION 2: Answer any TWO questions

Q5 Interpretation of Accounts (100 Marks)

(a) You are required to calculate the following for 2014 (Where appropriate calculations should be made to two decimal places)
    (i) Cash Purchases if the period of credit received from trade creditors is 2 months.
    (ii) Ordinary Dividend Cover
    (iii) Interest Cover
    (iv) Dividend Yield
    (v) How long it would take one ordinary share to recover its value at present pay-out rate?
    (50 Marks)

(b) Indicate if the ordinary shareholders would be satisfied with the performance, state of affairs and prospects of the company. Use revelant ratios and other information to support your answer. (40 Marks)

(c) A rising Quick Ratio is a sign of prudent management. Briefly discuss (10 Marks)

Q6 Tabular Statement (100 Marks)

You are required to prepare:

Record on a tabular statement the effect each of the above the above transactions had on the relevant asset, liability and capital accounts and ascertain the total assets and liabilities. (100 Marks)

Q7 Incomplete Records (100 Marks)

(a) Prepare, with workings, a Statement/Balance Sheet showing Clay's profit or loss for the year. (50 Marks)

(b) Prepare, with workings, a Trading, Profit and Loss Account, in as much detail as possible, for the year ended.

(c) (i) Explain what is meant by an 'Accounting Concept'
    (ii) Illustrate how the 'Accruals Concept' applies to the accounts
    (iii) Name two other fundamental accounting concepts (10 Marks)

SECTION 3: Answer ONE question

Q8 Job Costing (80 Marks)

(a) Calculate the overhead to be absorbed by each department stating clearly the basis of apportionment used.
    (b) Calculate a suitable overhead absorption rate for each department.
    (c) Compute the selling price of Job No.803
    (d) (i) State and explain two reasons for product costing
    (ii) Explain, with examples, 'Under-absorption' of overheads.
    (80 Marks Altogether, Marks were not split between (a),(b),(c) or (d) )

Q9 Cash Budgeting (80 Marks)

(a) Prepare a Cash Budget for the six months
    (b) Prepare a Budgeted Profit and Loss Account for the six months
    (c) Explain three reasons for preparing a flexible budget
    (80 Marks Altogether, Marks were not split between (a),(b) or (c))

• Registered Users Posts: 2 study17

my teacher gave me these hints but don't know if it's examcraft or debs, so if you know will you inform all of us please, hope this helps

Business
    liquidity
    gearing
    marketing
    hrm
    mgmt activities
    foreign trade
    partnerships
    diff between plc's and ltd's
    franchising
    management structures
    performance appraisal
    mission statement
    almagatopm
    factors of productiomn

• Registered Users Posts: 1 leavingcert2

Irish Paper 1 (barcode top right corner)
    A- Blag
    Mo Theaglach
    An cluiche i fearr a chonaic me riamh
    Is aoibhinn liom an samhradh

B-Sceal
    (i) Chuir me orm mo mhala droma. Bhi an aimsir go halainn. Bhi me cinnte go mbeadh gach rud go brea

(ii) Bhi scrudu na hArdteiste thar, bhi oiche mhor romham

C-Litir/Riomhphoist

(i) Ghlac tu pairt i gcomortas mor ceoil le deanai

(ii)Ta tu ag eiri as do phot mar runai chlub oige aitiul.

D-Comhra

(i) Ta se i gceist agat dul ag taisteal ar fud na hEorpa sa samhradh, ach nil do thuidmitheoiri sasta faoin gcinneadh.

(ii) Ba mhaith le cara dul go dti cluiche mor De Domhnaigh, ach b'fearr leatsa dul go dti ceolchoirm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 studybuddy96

The debs listening HL
    one of the questions was when did he see his friend last and the answer was during the Christmas holidays, one of the last question was something about money and the answer was €42000, I remember something about a train and a driving test as well! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Supercoolchick

Biology DEBS

I'd advice you to know:
    Section A
    Definition for population, theory, hypothesis, fermentation, human trace, contest competition, test for reducing sugar, plant structures ( labelling diagram ) functions of them labelled, anaerobic respiration, know the heart diagram well and function of pacemaker!
    Know plant labels phloem etc
    The plants functions.
    Whats meant by an enyzmes optimum enzyme?
    Example of anerobic example.
    Know eukaryotes!

Section B
    Only managed 1 out of 3 as we havent covered it
    Know the osmosis experiment inside out!
    Know immobilized enzymes experiment
    Know the mieosis 2n = 4 diagram
    Know aerobic respiration

Section C

Know amoeba
    Genetics
    Know the kidney well! ( reabsorption , filteration )
    Difference between osteocysts + osteoblasts in pancreas plus give a brief sentence about each.
    Know your ecology long q on it
    Know definition of cartiliage, tendon and ligament
    Know light stage and dark
    Know Atp abbreviation where its made and function
    Know about corpus leteum and progesterone contraceptive methods and a question ' more and more countries are beginning to use contraceptive methods how does this affect a country '
    Good luck

Is this for Higher Level or Ordinary?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EquiLet

ss6996 wrote: »
    Can someone confirm the Examcraft Irish HL paper listening please?

I can't really remember it that well, but there was a
    conversation about the Debs in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sarah97

The HL Irish listening has
    A conversation about the debs and piece about the Titanic museum in Belfast. Its not too difficult.

If anybody has done the <snip> could they please pm me. Mod note: Don't ask for PMs. If someone has it, they should put it on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dyl133

I am really stuck to know If this is DEB or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ss6996

Sarah97 wrote: »
    The HL Irish listening has
    A conversation about the debs and piece about the Titanic museum in Belfast. Its not too difficult.

If anybody has done the <snip> could they please pm me. Mod note: Don't ask for PMs. If someone has it, they should put it on the thread.

Examcraft?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you have a query about a paper already posted, PM the user who posted it.
    If a post needs to be edited to add level or company, a mod can do that. The thread does not need to be cluttered with repeat questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lou18

Not sure if debs or examcraft.... HL Accounting.
    (spoiler) [Q1 final account of manufacturing company

Q5 ratios
    Q6 tabular statement
    Q7 incomplete records

Q8. Job costing
    Q9 Cash budgets]

Guys please put something up especially if your taking info down! Not enough papers being posted otherwise......

It's debs

Can someone confirm that the DEB HL french listening had a piece about
    a fire-fighter
    on it ? I have it done just don't know which company .

Not in the written but there was in the aural

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Famoso

Also, in my French aural HL there was bits about
    tourism/tourists and a mother talkin to her son about a summer job.
    Anyone know if this paper is DEBS or Examcraft?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement