Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2015 ***No Requests, use the Search button! READ FIRST POST before posting!***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 msmocks

Famoso wrote: »
    Also, in my French aural HL
    there was bits about tourism/tourists and a mother talkin to her son about a summer job. Anyone know if this paper is DEBS or Examcraft?

Debs did have stuff on
    tourism in the aural but nothing about a mother & son discussing a summer job
    ..must be examcraft

• Registered Users Posts: 8 msmocks

Thanks for the info. Does this mean that all my mock papers will be Examcraft?

No not necessarily at all, in my school the teacher of the individual subject chooses the mock paper rather than the school choosing a mock company. I have had mostly Deb so far but also had one examcraft

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sarah97

ss6996 wrote: »
    Examcraft?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Dr..

Here's irish DEB OL paper 2

-Dís
    -Mo ghrasa (idir lubini)
    -An tEarrach Thiar
    -Gnathrud

• Registered Users Posts: 28 tcofla

Also, in my French aural HL there was bits about
    tourism/tourists and a mother talkin to her son about a summer job.
    Anyone know if this paper is DEBS or Examcraft?

That was examcraft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Keogh789

Walshey97 wrote: »
    Somebody tell me how to view the spoilers please?

Click on the black lines and they'll disapperar

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

All you newbies, read the first post.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Don't claim to have a paper, or ask for a paper, or say you'll swap the paper, or ask for PMs, POST THE PAPER!

Otherwise this will be locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 uzpuz

examcraft english.
    (Spoiler)
    It has frost , donne, montague and eilean. It's the same as DEBS.
    (Spoiler) othello..... write about jealousy.
    Write about othello weakness of judgement.

<snip request>

• Registered Users Posts: 1 girly1997

maths deb p1
    Q1 arithmetic sequences (tn formula)
    Q2 algebra
    Q3 algebra
    Q4 Complex numbers (the effect of multiplying by I and squaring the complex number)
    Q5 Logs
    Q6 integration
    Q7 geometry and rates of change (this one was extremely difficult)
    Q8 ran out of time and didn't get to do this one
    Q9 financial maths (amortisation and loans)

this paper was horrible.. so best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 uzpuz

Examcraft english
    Composing section 1. Write an article for a school magazine on the benefits of volunteer work 2. Personal essay on the importance of creativity in modern life 3. Write a short story in which action has serious repercussions 4. Write an opinion piece for a popular magazine on the importance of goal setting 5. Write a speech to be delivered to an international audience on the changes you would wish to see in the world 6. Write a personal essay on what you will miss after you leave school 7. Write a short story in which the issue if identity is central

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

German HL, no barcode but am assuming it is DEBS as all my other exams have been as well!
    Listening:
    Part 1: Interview with volunteer for die Tafel, a German network of food banks, in Bremen, how it was founded and what the man does every day
    Part 2: Note on a lady getting a couch from a furniture company that she never ordered, need to write down expressions for confusion, pretty sure her name was Hartmann
    Part 3: Conversation between a school teacher and a student who is being cyberbullied, photos of him put up on Facebook, need to write down expressions to show her reassuring him
    Part 4: News section, first part is on Schuleschwanzen or dossing and the effect it has on students, second is on some lady's dog being stolen from her car, third part is on the PISA study and how German students ranked (boys better at maths than girls), fourth part is weather (Found it quite hard!)

Written:
    Text 1: Extract from novel Träume wohnen überall, know Obdachslosigkeit though I got on fine without it, show how the main character displays compassion (shares food, that was all I got really!)
    Angewandte Grammatik: Change from present to past imperfect (zittern was one of the verbs), personal pronouns - identify gender, case, plural or singular
    Text 2: Piece on Hamburger SV's football academy, Internat = boarding school
    AzT: a: Describe picture of boy balancing football on leg, is a football boarding school a good idea, would you like to go to a boarding school and if so why/why not. b: Describe picture of person holding tablet with picture of teacher on it, write about e-schools - how do they work, do you think they are more effective than a normal school
    Schriftliche Produktion: I only did the Brief - first part you need to write about Ireland's national day, St. Patrick's Day, how and when it is celebrated, how you celebrated it, second part was if Ireland has shows where people can win money (I mentioned Winning Streak), what your opinion is of them, what you would do with the money if you won one, third part was on water charges, do you think they're a good idea, how did Irish people react, how can you conserve water, fourth part was on school magazines, does your school have one, what would you write down for your favourite memory of the school year

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

Biology HL DEBS, may not be in right order, sorry!
    Section A:
    Definition for population, theory, hypothesis, fermentation
    Know ecology definitions: Niche, abiotic factors, contest competition, etc.
    plant structures, know phloem's different cells (I didn't :(), know stomata, lenticels, anaerobic respiration, know the heart diagram well, function of pacemaker
    Know eukaryotic cells
    Know enzyme, optimum pH, what the shape of them means or something like that can't recall exactly
    Know anaphase, 2n=4

Section B:
    Experiment on osmosis, know everything on it inc. diagram!
    Know making alcohol by yeast experiment (not the diagram though) know chemical test for carbon dioxide
    Third q was a mixed bag, seed germination, test for reducing sugar, immobilising enzymes, qualitative study I think???

Section C:
    Question on amoeba (haven't done it yet), 3 shapes bacteria are classified into
    Reading comprehension on ecology about foxes, know effects of decrease of prey on predators, know nitrogen cycle and all its definitions!
    Question on cartilage, tendon, ligament, osteoblasts, osteocytes
    Question on kidneys - draw a diagram including blood supply, know filtration and reabsorption, what happens when your blood has a lot of water in it (ADH not produced)
    Question on male infertility, contraception, effect of contraception on human fertility rates, know hormone that maintains pregnancy - progesterone, produced by corpus luteum for first 12 weeks then produced by placenta I think (check your Biology book!)
    Long question on DNA and genetics, part b included Mendel's laws and incomplete dominance in snapdragons, don't know rest of it!
    Long question on ATP, function, where it is made and abbreviation, same for NADP+ and whether it is a low or high energy carrier, photosynthesis esp. the two pathways, know pancreas - exocrine and endocrine function

Hope this helps! Thinking I got an A2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 fongcy

FRENCH HL EXAMCRAFT
    i can see some inaccurate spoilers on this.
    i did mine on examcraft.
    Q1A) wite about healthy eating and use of drugs
    Q1B) didnt get it
    2a) online shopping, you had a good experience but you just had a bad experience on it.
    2B) didnt understand
    3a) something happened in the area and signs are put up to warn minors not to go out after8
    3b)global warming
    4a) a slogan = children at school, no at work!!
    4B) didnt understand

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tahtguy

<snip>

Guys here is examcraft paper 2 maths:
    {spoiler}
    1-the line know how to find the slope of a line using the slope betwwen two line formula.
    2-the circle u have to know how to get the equation of a circle give 2 points on it and the line going through the centre.
    3-probability easy enough
    4-Bernoulli again was quite easy
    5-construction- circumcentre and u have to know how to verify it using algebra, give the co-ordinates of some points.
    6-theorem 19, question base on the theorem. easy ques.
    7-know how to use your sine rule and cosine rule. u have to find the dist from a tower to 2 campsites, easy enough if u know ur sine and cosine rule.
    8-stats- standard deviation formula
    9-null and alternate hypothesis, I thought this was the toughest question other than that the paper was fine.
    {spoiler}
    If u need any other hints pm me

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

Raluck wrote: »
    I have my physics exam in 2 days can anyone plese post the entire paper or send me some pics of it on private... I don't know where to start :(

Perhaps by reading the first post and then using the search function.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TehJoxer

Can anyone confirm whether this spanish HL was examcraft or DEB
    Peruvian actor interview, exploring caves, queen of Spain interview, spanish language survey discussion, obesity

If you've done an exam, post it, otherwise don't post at all.
    Don't ask people to PM you.
    Don't make requests.

Read the first post and use the search function.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 briosca

ENGLISH P2 EXAMCRAFT

Comparative:

THEME & ISSUE
    Characterisation (30/40)
    or
    Key Moments (70)

LITERARY GENRE
    How literary techniques enhanced your enjoyment. (70)
    or
    Discuss at least 2 of: memorable characters, suspense powerful moments, flashback. (30/40)

Prescribed Poetry (key phrases):

MONTAGUE: Sadness, sense of loss expressed through powerful language and vivid imagery.

NÍ CHUILLEANÁIN: Innovative style of writing creates poems that are layered w/ symbolism and meaning.

FROST: Beautifully crafted and profoundly insightful.

DONNE: Far from being dated/irrelevant. Unique poetic language. Enduring appeal and a universal relevance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

Maths Paper 2 DEB HL

Note: I haven't sat any other subjects that haven't already been posted in depth. If I had anything extra I'd post it, and I'll post new subjects after I sit them. Please don't PM me ;)
    Here's everything that has already been posted

Question 1 - Co-ordinate Geometry of the Line
    Question 2 - Trigonometry (Prove the one with tan in it)
    Question 3 - Probability
    Question 4 - Circle
    Question 5 - Trigonometic graphs (know range, period, amplitude)
    Question 6 - Theorem and application of theorem (triangle ratio theorem) + congruents
    Question 7 - Stats (mean, standard deviation, central tendency, pearson coefficient)
    Question 8 - Null hypothesis, confidence intervals
    Question 9 - Area + Volume (snooker balls in a box)

q1 coordinate geometry (parallelogram)
    q2 trig (tanA+B) and construction of a line
    q3 probability, something about a phone company
    q4 coordinate geometry circle, tangents to a circle from a point outside
    q5 General solution, cosine graph, have to give the range and period etc
    q6 didn't do but it was geometry
    q7 multiple bar chart, standard deviation, scatter graph, correlation
    q8 probability, 95% interval, hypothesis testing (null + alternative 5% one)
    q9 area and volume involving pool balls rectangular box then in a triangular box then in a square base

As for general tips,

1. I couldn't do question one at all, you were given 4 points, something like (0,0), (x,5) (4,y) and (4,2) and you had to find both missing values. You also had to then calculate the area of the parallelogram.

2. Know the Tan(A+B) proof, here's a link to a video I used -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igNTc-G_77k

There was also the construction where you had to first draw a line of length 1 unit and construct a line of length √2 - 1

3. This question was easy enough,

Construct a venn diagram to help you with part (a) then the rest are questions like "what are the odds of getting through to the customer on the 2nd/3rd call etc."

7. Most of this was already mentioned, but make sure you're able to calculate standard deviation and be familiar with a multiple bar chart.

9. You'll have to express the area (or volume I forget) of the box in terms of radii for the first part, then you'll need to use Pythagoras to prove it's more efficient to pack spheres in a hexagonal arrangement. For part B the snooker balls are arranged like an actual rack and you have to express the volume in terms of the radii again. Finally there's a square base question which is easy enough, just remember that the bottom base is 4x4 (then 3x3, 2x2, and 1) It should add up to 30.
    You'll have to express the height of this pyramid in terms of r again.

I'll pm you regarding some subjects.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Cmleavingcert

HL DEB Agricultural Science
    Q1- didn't do
    Q2- podzolisation, four requirements with which ground limestone must comply before it's sold & capillarity exp.
    Q3- option one- newborn bonham care, FCR & integrated pig production unit
    Q3- option two- annual replacement rate for dairy herd, 3 reasons for culling, reasons for milk let down & four methods used by farmers to prevent contamination of milk
    Q4- to show presence of microorganisms in soil, to investigate conditions necessary for germination, to dissect a sheep's or an ox's heart, to determine the eating quality of ware potatoes (answer on 2)
    Q5- components & functions of blood, babesia and red water fever
    Q6- four advantages of sowing winter variety, two direct and indirect methods of weed control, labelled diagram of cereal grain
    Q7- genetics as usual, explain heterozygous, gemete, polyploidy & allele
    Q8- fertilisers, highlight the difference between four different statements & fly strike in sheep
    Q9- scientific explanation for the following: the practice of earthing up, the thinning of forests, a heifer reaching 300kg before mating, performance testing of A.I bulls & the drainage of land to increase soil temperature!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 goatski12

Chemistry HL DEB

Exps.

1. Iron tablet exp
    2. Prep of ethene
    3. MnO2 and hydrogen peroxide

q 2 was very similar to the other past hl exam questions - know how to draw the diagrams
    2 & 3 were very nice - one was awful! If you're thinking about doing it know how to calculate the % mass of iron

4. Bonding, atomic orbital def, uses of nitrogen, empirical formula, q on finding no of atoms, explain the difference between bonding in water and ammonia I think??, phosphate anion test, catalysts in catalytic converter

5. know how to do spdf thing! thompson - his input in finding atoms, def on electronegativity, draw dot and cross, rutherford and alpha particles

6. Know about hydrogen gas as a fuel - how to supply in large quantity (I said electrolysis?), adv and dis, think there was a heat of combustion q swell!

7. Think this was to do with water treatment - bit on exp to do with swimming pool chlorine exp and know how to use calorimeter

8. Forget!

9. Org chem - long question and i didn't do it

The other qs:

Oxidation and reduction
    Acids and bases - nasty question
    CFCs and ozone
    Euterophication of water

Think 8 was chemical equilibrium - was on production of ammonia

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shoopdeboop

TehJoxer wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm whether this spanish HL was examcraft or DEB
    Peruvian actor interview, exploring caves, queen of Spain interview, spanish language survey discussion, obesity

It's
    examcraft
    so this one:
    clairefitz wrote: »
    Spanish examcraft HL
    section A (I don't do prescribed literature so don't ask please)
    journalistic text - immigration in the united states
    - other 2 comprehensions are easy just about shoes and about a man who was arrested

section B
    comprehension - on selfies and the effect it has on young people
    opinion: "the youth of today are very selfish" or "the lack of confidence in young people can cause problems"

Section C
    dialogue construction - you're doing exams, spanish oral, plans for summer holidays
    formal letter - spanish newspaper stated that summer holidays for secondary schools are too long and they should be spending more time in classes; agree or disagree.
    - young people work very hard during the school year
    - a lot of pressure from adults and teachers
    - summer holidays are for relaxing with friends and family
    - can't remember the other 2 points but they're easy anyway.

Note: write to spanish exchange student that your phone isn't working so you've gone to an internet café to ring your parents to chat. say where you'll meet him etc.

Diary entry: you've gotten a friend request from a classmate of your spanish exchange student.
    - you're very happy about it
    - say when and where you met them
    - you hope to meet up with them over summer in spain
    - can't remember this one
    - say that you hope they don't have a boyfriend/girlfriend

can't remember any more so don't bother messaging me, good luck! it was an easy paper anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dairenichat

Exam craft English paper 2 HL
    Great Gatsby Question:
    In the compelling yet flawed, Jay Gatsby, Scott Fitzgerald has created an unforgettable tragic hero.
    Discuss this statement, supporting your answer with suitable reference to text.

(ii) Discuss the extent to which the female characters may be described as "beautiful fools", supporting with suitable reference to the text.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Neekz

rm1996 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me which Irish HL paper listening had
    something about the Debs in it?

Examcraft

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Emailed the SEC for marking schemes for the maths papers (sample ones) and they replied that they don't provide them :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Montague4LC

Physics DEB HL
    1. Measurement of g (slope x 2 = g)
    2. Specific latent heat of fashion of ice
    3. Variation of fundamental frequency of a stretched strong with tension AND length.
    4. Resistivity of the material of a wire (there's a bit about tungsten and a filament bulb, sketch a graph of current against voltage for this)
    5. Conditions necessary for the equilibrium of co planer forces
    Recoil of a gun
    Need for a standard thermometer based on one thermometric property
    Define solar constant
    Adjustments to a spectrometer before measuring a wavelength
    Maths of a current flowing in a kettle
    Angle between magnetic field and wore
    Self induction
    Two applications of photoelectric effect
    Quark composition of a proton and an anti neutron
    6. Archimedes principle and an experiment to prove
    Law of floatations
    Area of a cube and pressure
    Will a cube sink or float
    7.Didn't do this
    8. P type and n type silicon semi conductors
    Benefits over using intrinsic semiconductors
    How to achieve forward and reverse bias (diagrams)
    Explain rectification
    Graph observed on the oscilloscope
    9. X-rays
    Science test who discovered X-rays
    Energy conservation a in X-ray tube
    Dray an X-ray tube
    Voltage of a cathode tube is less then an X-ray tube, why?
    Better to use x days over gamma rays for faults in a thin pipe
    10. Didn't so this
    11. Refraction of light defenition
    How does the Eye adjust to ensure sharp images are focused on the retina
    Power of a lense
    Draw a diagram for long sighted was
    Why are lasers used in eye surgery
    12. A) centripetal force
    B) units for sound intensity and sound intensity level
    Why use a dB(a) scale
    C) point discharge
    Electric field strength
    D) law of radioactive decay
    Rutherfords experiment

It was a hard enough exam!! Not much like past exam papers

• Registered Users Posts: 33 catlin.

French hl deb,
    racism , drugs, animal cruelty , new job, two weeks spent in France , technology
    English hl
    othello q, iagos jealousy
    Comparative literly genre and theme and issue ,

<SNIPPED REQUEST>

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LeavingCert help for 2015

Quick tip for HL maths paper 2 ExamCraft
    Know how to construct a circumcentre, or else you cant do a trig Q.

<SNIP>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 bhlian2015

Barcode Top Right
    Irish Ordinary Level PAPER 2
    Ceist 1: Leamhthuiscint
    Ceist 2: Pros
    Ceist 3: Filiocht

Ceist 1: Leamhthuiscint(Answer A & B)
    A-Christy Moore Fear mor ceoil
    agus
    B- Suil Siar ar Seachtain na Gaeilge 2014
    Cesit 2: Pros Ainmnithe
    A-Tabhair achoimre ar na heachtrai is mo sa sliocht as an leabhar taistil Seal I Neipeal
    (or)
    Tabhair achoimre ar an ngearrsceal An Gnathrud.
    agus B-
    ''Bheadh an ocaid iontach a ceiliuradh acu i gceann seachtaine..'' Hurlamaboc.Dean cur sios ar an ullmhuchan a rinne Linsin don ocaid sin.

Cesit 3 Filiocht Ainmnithe
    Option (1)
    A-An tEarrach Thiar
    B-An Spailpin Fanach

Hope thats of help to you all.Good luck & thanks to the mods for all their patience and good work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement