Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2015 ***No Requests, use the Search button! READ FIRST POST before posting!***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Thanks for that but
    theres an optional question in paper 2 and i know the trigonometry and geometry proofs that are coming up so ill just write them down as soon i get the paper.

Is the root two minus one the optional question or will i just forget it since i know which trig and geometry proofs are coming up?
    Cheers

Just so you know, there's no longer any option on the maths paper, at all. They removed Do either 6A or 6B this year. Not just in the mocks, in the actual leaving cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Carlito.

*NOTE*
    I have yet to start my mocks but scanning through this thread I tried to piece together both papers and put it all in one convenient post.

English:
    DEB –
    Paper 1:
    SECTION 1: COMPREHENDING
    TEXT 1: AN EQUAL PERSPECTIVE
    Question A
    • Basic comprehension of the piece
    • Select two visuals out of three given which support the text
    • Three elements of effective speech writing shown
    Question B
    • An article discussing how gender inequality effects young people
    TEXT 2: DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES
    Question A
    • Basic comprehension of the piece
    • Comprehension
    • Agreeing/ Disagreeing the piece is engaging
    Question B
    • Speech at a protest rally on an issue you consider important
    TEXT 3: A PERSPECTIVE ON THE PAST
    Question A
    • Basic Comprehension
    • Personal response to piece
    • Is the piece informative, engaging and poignant
    Question B
    A letter recommending the piece to be added to a list of must read books for young people to read
    SECTION 2: COMPOSING
    • Speech - 'We leave in an unequal world'
    • Personal Essay - Difficulties young people face trying to be true to themselves
    • Short Story - 'my heart beat so ferociously that my hands went to either side of my ribs to keep them from unhinging ...
    • Article - '...but there is a greater good we must protect'
    • Personal essay about one or more moments when you needed comfort
    • Descriptive Essay - A place you would like to visit
    • Short Story - Central character has a heavy burden to bear
    Paper 2:
    SECTION I: SINGLE TEXT OTHELLO –
    • Complex and fascinating character of Iago is the main appeal of Shakespeare's Othello
    • Shakespeare makes inventive use of imagery and symbolism to heighten the dramatic impact of his play, Othello
    SECTION 2: COMPARATIVE –
    LITERARY GENRE –
    • Identify and compare techniques used to shape the storyline
    • Imagery and symbolism in each text
    THEME OR ISSUE –
    • Theme or issue challenging or reinforcing preconceived ideas
    • The resolution of a narrative can highlight complexity of a theme/ issue
    SECTION 3: POETRY –
    Prescribed Poetry -
    • DONNE - Use of thought-provoking and humorous language (must refer to themes)
    • FROST - Seemingly ordinary subjects often yield complex and interesting interpretation (themes and language)
    Unseen Poem –
    'Spell' by Kate Clanchy
    • Q.1 (A) Explain your understanding of the poem with reference to the text. (B) Choose a line or paragraph that appeals to you most.
    • Q.2 Write a personal response to this poem highlighting the impact it makes on you. Answer should make close reference to the text

Examcraft –
    Paper 1:
    SECTION 1: COMPREHENDING
    TEXT 1: Being Positive About the Future
    Question A:
    • What impression of Steve Jobs have you formed
    • If you had to choose three images to be displayed behind Steve Jobs while he was delivering his address, what three images (which must be related to his speech) would you choose?
    • Identify and comment on three elements of effective speech writing in Steve Jobs' speech. In your answer you should refer only to the written text.
    Question B:
    • Imagine your principal has asked you to write an email to a well-known Irish person of your choice, inviting them to attend your school graduation, and to deliver a speech to the students graduating. Write the text of the email you would send. Your email should include reasons why this particular person would be a suitable choice for your school and year group, and also explain why you personally chose this person.
    TEXT 2 - Being Positive in the Face of Adversity
    Question A:
    • What impression of the narrator did you form after reading this text? Support your answer with reference to the text.
    • If you had to pick three illustrations to accompany this text, what illustrations would you pick, and why would you pick them?
    • Brian Friel is a world-renowned playwright. What evidence of his skill as a dramatist and writer do you see in the above extract?
    Question B:
    • Write a journal entry for either Philly or Con, written on the same day as the fishing expedition (described above) occurs.
    TEXT 3 - The Science of Positive Thinking
    Question A:
    • In your own words, outline how the author uses the example of a tiger to explain the human response to danger, and what we can learn from this
    • Explain the author's use of the terms 'broaden and build theory' and 'upward spiral' in your own words
    • Did you find James Clear's argument that positive thinking can have far-reaching benefits convincing?
    Question B:
    • Write a blog for your school website in which you discuss the negative influence of television, the positive influence of television and how young people in particular are influenced by television.
    • Write a feature article for a magazine, which may be light-hearted or serious, on the importance of trust.
    • Write a short story where an animal plays an important role.
    • 'Write a personal essay describing how you cope with change in your life
    • Write an article for your school website in which you discuss the importance of balancing work and play in daily life
    • Write a descriptive essay about a journey OR trip OR expedition that you have experienced
    • Write a passionate speech proposing or opposing the motion: "Positive Thinking Can Change Our World."
    • Write a short story in which a character finds hope again after experiencing great adversity.
    Paper 2:
    SECTION I: SINGLE TEXT OTHELLO –
    • "Othello powerfully portray a world dominated by jealousy hatred and revenge"
    • "Othello is essentially a good man but one who has had the great misfortune to encounter an unbearable adversary"

SECTION 2: COMPARATIVE –
    LITERARY GENRE –
    • How literary techniques enhanced your enjoyment
    • Discuss at least 2 of: memorable characters, suspense powerful moments & flashbacks.
    THEME OR ISSUE –
    • Key Moments
    • Characterisation
    SECTION 3: Poetry –
    • FROST - Beautifully crafted and profoundly insightful
    • DONNE - Far from being dated/irrelevant. Unique poetic language. Enduring appeal and a universal relevance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Carlito.

Carlito. wrote: »
    *NOTE*
    I have yet to start my mocks but scanning through this thread I tried to piece together both papers and put it all in one convenient post.
    • Write a feature article for a magazine, which may be light-hearted or serious, on the importance of trust.
    • Write a short story where an animal plays an important role.
    • 'Write a personal essay describing how you cope with change in your life
    • Write an article for your school website in which you discuss the importance of balancing work and play in daily life
    • Write a descriptive essay about a journey OR trip OR expedition that you have experienced
    • Write a passionate speech proposing or opposing the motion: "Positive Thinking Can Change Our World."
    • Write a short story in which a character finds hope again after experiencing great adversity.

I have seen two users say that those questions above were what came up for the Composing Section for Examcraft Paper 1. However, two others have said that it is in fact these questions that came up for them in an Examcraft paper.
    Composing section 1. Write an article for a school magazine on the benefits of volunteer work 2. Personal essay on the importance of creativity in modern life 3. Write a short story in which action has serious repercussions 4. Write an opinion piece for a popular magazine on the importance of goal setting 5. Write a speech to be delivered to an international audience on the changes you would wish to see in the world 6. Write a personal essay on what you will miss after you leave school 7. Write a short story in which the issue if identity is central

Would there be two separate papers from Examcraft? I'd be inclined to go with the first set of questions as they link in with the Comprehending Section i.e. positive thinking.

Any thoughts?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Carlito. wrote: »
    Would there be two separate papers from Examcraft? I'd be inclined to go with the first set of questions as they link in with the Comprehending Section i.e. positive thinking.

Any thoughts?

You cannot rule out that teachers may have made their own papers, just in their own school, or in co-operation with colleagues in other places. It's one of the perils should people choose to look at spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 msmocks

Examcraft O.L Maths P2

Most people found this a little tricky in comparison to paper 1 so here's some tips based on what I remember
    Q1. Sets - simply filling in a Venn diagram and answering 4 Qs based on that
    Q2. Probability (stopping at traffic lights/not having to stop)
    It asked you to define what type of trial this is.

Q on the line, the circle, scatter graph of football goals scored in World Cup, 3 Qs based on your graph

Construction was of a triangle & centrecircle or whatever it's called where you have a triangle and bisect the lines and you end up with a circle going around the outside touching each point

A LOT of trig based on Mercedes Benz logo and hubcap of a car which was hard

A small question on alternate angles.

That's all I remember, hope it helps someone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 msmocks

Examcraft O.L Maths P2
    More stuff coming back to me!
    The sets was just a universal set of 30 based on kids in a class who liked diluted orange/milk/both/neither and you had to fill it in, there was just a question like if you were to pick a child at randome what's the probably he likes milk, and two more short Qs like that, Q2 Probability was about a woman stopping at red lights, it tells you there's 2/7 chance she'll be stopped, the first Q is about the probability of her not getting stopped, the second one is about the chances of her getting stopped/not getting stopped at the set of lights as she goes to work 3 days in a row (can't remember that exact Q too well), next one was something similar, final one was "what type of trial is this? Explain your answer" (none of us really knew that, I think one girl got the answer).

For the line there was a diagram/graph of three lines, it have you three equations which you had to pair up to each line, you had to find the slope of one line, the next Q they gave you another line perpendicular to the one you just found the slope of, and you had to find the equation I think of that line. Can't remember the circle question too well but it was nice enough , finding equation etc..it also asked you to find the equation of A' on the circle or something, I didn't know what that apostrophe thing meant so just winged that one. Emm what else, a few different trig questions, one just a right angled triangle and I had to use sine rule in one of the Qs based on that, another showed the angle of elevation of a ladder against the wall..it told you that 70 - 80 degrees was a stable angle for the ladder to be up against the wall at, you had to find the angle, see if it was between 70-80 degrees I think and then say whether the ladder in the diagram was safe. Mercedes Benz trig Q was tricky. They have you the radius of the logo and you had to work out all these different angles. The scatter graph Q: you were given a table of total goals scored, you had to add them all up, you had to work out a percentage, you had to calculate the mean (average). They have you a table of no. Of shots on goal..you had to pair those up with the total no. Of goals scored and plot a scatter chart based on that.

The alternate angle question was just finding the angle of something and saying why you got that. I think the answer was like 20 degrees and you say 'because it's alternate to the 20 degree angle in the diagram'

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Political

DEBS Accountancy(Ord)
    Spoilers:
    [Q1 Sole Trader
    Q2 Company P+L
    Q3 Suspense
    Q4 Club Accounts
    Q5 Interpretation of Accounts
    A:Figure of Purchases
    :Period of credit given to Debtors
    :Percentage of mark-up on cost
    :Return on capital employed

B:8% Debenture
    :Issued Share Capital
    :Debtors
    :Capital Employed.

Q6 Incomplete Records
    Q7 Cash Flow Forecast
    Q8 Absorption Costing
    Q9 Product Budgeting]

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Newbies, read the first post.
    It tells you how to use spoilers.
    It says do not post requests.
    If you have a paper, post it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

Irish P2 Comprehensions Q6 A+B (Courtesy of Luckydude ;) )

Note: It's well worth reading up about Michael Higgins and Sam Maguire, you'll fly through the comprehensions and have loads of time for the other sections. It will also help you with 6B for the Higgins comprehension. The Sam Maguire was an insint (I think!) so be familiar with the traits of that (eg. past tense, chronological order) .. Question 6 is worth a huge amount of the marks going for the comprehension so putting the work into it will pay off.

Comprehension 1 (Michael Higgins)

6a)
    Aimsigh sampla den ainm briatharthra in ALT 1 agus sampla d'ainmfhocal sa ghnideach iolra in Alt 5
    b) Bunaithe ar an eolas sa slíocht thuas, an gceapann tú gur duine spreagúil é Micheál D. ó hUiginn?
    Tabhair dhá fháth le do fhreagra ( Bíodh an freagra i d'fhocail féin. Is leor 60 focal )

Comprehension 2 (Sam Maguire)

6a)Aimsigh sampla dem bhriathar saor san aimsir chaite in alt 3 agus sample den aidiacht bhriathartha in alt5.
    b) Cén cineál scríbhneoireachta lena mbaineann an sliocht seo? Luaigh dhá thréith a bhaineann leis an gcineál seo scríbhneoireachta. Aimsigh sampla amháin de gach seann dén dá thréith sin sa sliocht. ( Bíodg an freagra i d'fhocail féin. Is leor 60 focal )

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Anonymouss

Thanks for all the help guys :)Time to give back i guess. Looks like no one posted Maths Examcraft P2

This is some Info i could remember.

1. Some venn diagram thing and questions on that

2. probabilities

3. factorize and all that

4. Looks like line questions

5. Not sure

6. Construction - Know your circumcircle and incircle

7. Statistics

8 and 9 were pretty bad ( Trig and Geometry Q's )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 dasey

French Exxamcraft HL
    It was a fairly tough paper, at least for me... The listening wasn't easy either.
    the listening is about ecotourism, credit cards etc.
    The paper
    1st comprehension - eating habits
    2nd comprehension - Nelly's sister's family

1a) healthy eating, do people eat healthy? why do you?
    b) a memory/story of a person

2) diary, an experience when you were ripped off
    b) note for a family you're staying with, about a neighbours party. confirm numbers for thursday etc.

3)Delinquency, is a curfew a good idea?
    b) is imposing equal laws on countries about global warming fair?

4) Child labourers, should be in school (?) opinion
    b) bar chart of a childs day, a lot of time in front of screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cobrien14

OL ACCOUNTING DEB PAPER
    Q1 Final Accounts
    Q2 company profit and loss
    Q3 correction of error and suspense account
    Q4 club account
    Q5 interpretation account
    Q6 incomplete records- control accounts
    Q7 cash flow statements
    Q8 absorption costing
    Q9 product budgeting

Not certain on Q9 but it had to do with
    budgeting

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mb456

tahtguy wrote: »
    guys thats the biology mock, please return the favour by posting <snip>
    Section A
    Definition for population, theory, hypothesis, fermentation, human trace, contest competition, test for reducing sugar, plant structures ( labelling diagram ) functions of them labelled, anaerobic respiration, know the heart diagram well and function of pacemaker!
    Know plant labels phloem etc
    The plants functions.
    Whats meant by an enyzmes optimum enzyme?
    Example of anerobic example.
    Know eukaryotes!

Section B
    Only managed 1 out of 3 as we havent covered it
    Know the osmosis experiment inside out!
    Know immobilized enzymes experiment
    Know the mieosis 2n = 4 diagram
    Know aerobic respiration

Section C

Know amoeba
    Genetics
    Know the kidney well! ( reabsorption , filteration )
    Difference between osteocysts + osteoblasts in pancreas plus give a brief sentence about each.
    Know your ecology long q on it
    Know definition of cartiliage, tendon and ligament
    Know light stage and dark
    Know Atp abbreviation where its made and function
    Know about corpus leteum and progesterone contraceptive methods and a question ' more and more countries are beginning to use contraceptive methods how does this affect a country '

Debs or examcraft ??

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Username44

Accounting Ordinary Level Examcraft
    Departmental account
    Company profit and loss
    Correction of errors and suspense
    Incomplete records: net worth
    Interpretation of accounts
    Farm accounts
    Cash flow statement
    Absorption costing
    Budgeting
    PM me for for more detail figures etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tem101

Question 1
    Section A
    (a) 3 safety factors for adhesives
    (b) design features of a chair
    (c) elastic memory - refer to thermoplastics
    (d) ore concentration vs ore extractions
    (f) disposal of plastics
    (g) Christopher Cockerell, Theodore Maiman, Charles Parsons
    (h) Clearance fit vs Interference fit
    (i) ISP, LDR, RAM, CAD (what do 2 mean)
    (j) amorphous vs crystalline
    (k) finishing treatments for mild steel
    (l) flashback arrestors
    (m) Ratchet

Can't remember section b haven't done it but something about injection systems

Question 2
    micro vs macro
    hardness testing
    creep
    tensile testing
    Eddy current testing
    ultrasonic testing

Question 3
    quenching media
    pearlite
    induction hardening
    case hardening safety hazards
    label iron carbon diagram and know significance of points
    flame hardening

Question 4 was told to just skip it sorry, but thermal graphs or something like that was on it

Question 5
    seam welding
    suitable welding for a car chassis
    SAW or MMA
    benefits of robots (hazardous environments)
    stepper motors

Question 6
    extrusion moulding
    monomer
    calendering
    elastomer
    condensation polymerisation
    van der Waal forces
    addition polymerisation
    benefits of using thermoplastics in manufacturing

Question 7
    magnetic chucks
    lathe surface finish factors
    tolerance
    dividing head
    cutting fluid benefits
    why use tungsten carbide tools
    interchangeable tool inserts
    CNC machining -safety G codes tool park and canned cycle

Question 8
    bevel gear application
    prevent slip in pulleys how?
    helical gear adv.
    crank and cyclinder
    intergrated circuits
    solenoid
    draw a mechanism to have front wheels of a car turn it left or right
    indentify parts of a circuit and their function

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rebeccaphelan

mb456 wrote: »
    Debs or examcraft ??

That's Deb!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

podisyc wrote: »
    Anyone know in both mocks and the real thing if we answer 2 Irish and 1 wider world topic in Later Modern History?

Other way around, two wider world, one Irish and the document q!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lenonon

Breeno98 wrote: »
    Physics HL (barcode top right)
    Section A
    Q1 [In an experiment to investigate the relationship between the acceleration of a body and the force applied to it, a student recorded the following data.
    (table of results, F vs a)
    Describe the procedure involved in measuring the acceleration of a body.
    Using the data above, plot a graph showing the relationship between the acceleration of a body and the force applied to it.
    From your graph, find the mass of the body.
    After completing this exp. a student found that the graph did not go through the origin, suggest a possible reason and how the apparatus should be adjusted so the graph would go through the origin.]

Q2 [In an exp. to measure the wave lenght of a monochromatic light source, a narrow beam of light was incident normally on a diffraction grating having 400 lines per mm, a number of bright images were observed. The angles (theta symbol) between the central bright image and the first two images to the left and right were measured and recorded as shown below:
    |......|2nd image to the left of centre|1st image|centre image|1st right|2nd right|
    |(theta)|30..................................|14...........|0................|14.5......|31........|
    Name a monochromatic light source.
    Describe with the aid of a diagram, how the data above was obtained.
    Using the data, calculate the wave lenght of the monochromatic light.
    Based on your results, what source of monoc. light was used?
    What effect would each of the following changes have on the image formed
    (1) light source of longer wave lenght
    (2) incresasing the distance between the slits
    (3) using a source of white light instead]

Sorry i haven't got time to type the rest properly!
    Q3 [latent heat of vaporisation of water]
    Q4 [the variation of the current I with potential difference V for a semiconductor diode]

I'll have more time later if anyone wants questions for Sec. B just let me know

Mod - Come on people, HL Physics and you can't read the first post or do a spoiler?????

My Physics teacher gave us a hint to study
    monochromatic light, and capacitance
    . Does anyone know the rest?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Katie97123

Anyone know if there was a construction on the DEB OL Maths P2 ?

DEB OL Maths P2
    Yes it was construct a triangle when given the 3 sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 scholar 09

Anonymouss wrote: »
    Thanks for all the help guys :)Time to give back i guess. Looks like no one posted Maths Examcraft P2

2. probabilities

5. Not sure

7. Statistics

Is this HL ya?

• Advertisement

Anonymouss wrote: »

2. probabilities

5. Not sure

7. Statistics

This is what somebody else said it was... Very different
    <snip>

Guys here is examcraft paper 2 maths HL:
    {spoiler}
    1-the line know how to find the slope of a line using the slope betwwen two line formula.
    2-the circle u have to know how to get the equation of a circle give 2 points on it and the line going through the centre.
    3-probability easy enough
    4-Bernoulli again was quite easy
    5-construction- circumcentre and u have to know how to verify it using algebra, give the co-ordinates of some points.
    6-theorem 19, question base on the theorem. easy ques.
    7-know how to use your sine rule and cosine rule. u have to find the dist from a tower to 2 campsites, easy enough if u know ur sine and cosine rule.
    8-stats- standard deviation formula
    9-null and alternate hypothesis, I thought this was the toughest question other than that the paper was fine.
    If u need any other hints pm me

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 1 darz93

cmg_101 wrote: »
    I did a history paper no one has posted, not sure which company it was from.. Only remember the questions I did but they were
    Rise of fascism in europe, What led to the fall of stormont in NI, The role of martin luther king in desegregation and documents was the difficulties faced by the irish delegation during the treaty negotiations

was the question on NI just
    the fall of stormont, or was it the fall of stormont and sunningdale/powersharing executive?
    do you remember any of the rest of the questions?

HL or ordinary level?

Higher level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭Cheerios

scholar 09 wrote: »
    <snip>

{spoiler}
    1-the line know how to find the slope of a line using the slope betwwen two line formula.
    2-the circle u have to know how to get the equation of a circle give 2 points on it and the line going through the centre.
    5-construction- circumcentre and u have to know how to verify it using algebra, give the co-ordinates of some points.
    7-know how to use your sine rule and cosine rule. u have to find the dist from a tower to 2 campsites, easy enough if u know ur sine and cosine rule.
    9-null and alternate hypothesis, I thought this was the toughest question other than that the paper was fine.

<snip>

Judging from what my friends told me that did the OL Maths paper, it looks like Anonymouss posted hints from the OL paper, not the HL.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Postoffice123

Cheerios wrote: »
    Judging from what my friends told me that did the OL Maths paper, it looks like Anonymouss posted hints from the OL paper, not the HL.

So do you think this is OL? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭Cheerios

So do you think this is OL? :p

Yeah. His hints are very similar to the hints that msmocks posted (e.g. he said the
    1st Q was on venn diagrams and the 2nd Q was on probability
    , msmocks said the same and she stated that her hints were from the OL Examcraft papers).

Mod note - use spoilers even if you're just referring to questions posted, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cara15

scholar 09 wrote: »
    <snip>

{spoiler}

<snip>

Did the Maths examcraft paper 2 mock today, just want to highlight a few mistakes made by whoever wrote out the q above
    8. this q had both a part (a) and a part (b).
    Part A was the statistics, standard deviation question
    part B was the null/alternate hypotheses question
    9. question nine was a trig question, cosine and sin rule(v easy)

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

History DEB's just gonna post entire paper, too many PM's.
    Ireland: Topic 1 Ireland and the union 1815-1870
    1. How effective were government and/or private responses to the famine.
    2. What was the contribution of Fenianism and/or the Young Ireland Movement to the development of nationalism.
    3. What extent was success of catholic emancipation due to Daniel O'Connells political leadership.
    4. How did Cardinal Paul cullen influence political and religious affairs to Ireland.

Topic 2:
    1. During period 1870-1886 what were factors that contributed to home rule movement.
    2. how effective was edward carson as a leader of unionism.
    3. How did land agitation lead to land reform during period 1870-1914.
    4. Which organisation had a greater impact on the cultural revival during period up to 1914, the gaa or gaelic league. Refer to both.

Ireland Topic 4: Irish Diaspora.
    1. What factors, at home and abroad.. contributed to irish emigration during 1840-1914.
    2.What were the aims of de Valera's mission to America (June 1919-December 1920) and to what extent did he achieve them?
    3.) What was the impact of the Irish missionaries on Africa and/or Asia.
    4. Who had the greater impact on the irish diaspora, Domhnall Mac Amhlaigh or Joe Kennedy. Refer to both.

Ireland topic 5: Politics and society in northern ireland.

1.) How effective were brookeborough and or O Neill as political leaders.
    2.) How did the troubles impact on the economy and society of Northern Ireland.
    3. Why were the activities of apprentice boys and or choice of coleraine as teh site for a new university divisive.
    4,) what was impact on northern ireland of one or more up to 1993: Ian Paisley, Bernadette Devlin, John Hume.

Topic 6: Government, Economy and society in the republic:
    1.) What was impact of membership of UN and or EEC on Ireland.
    2.) What were main economic and social changes that took place 1949-1989.
    3.) Which had a greater impact on society, vatican II or television Argue referring to both.
    4.) How effective was Sean Lemass as taoiseach in his management of internal and external affairs.

Section 3 Europe and wider world.

Topic 1: Nationalism and state formation in europe.
    1. Which reformer more effective, Robert Owen or Robert Peel. Refer to both.
    2.) How successful was metternich in his attempt to prevent political change during 1815-1848
    3, What steps taken towards italian unification during 1815-1871.
    4.) During 1815-1871 how was cultural nationalism expressed through one or more: music art literature or language.

Topic 2: Nation states and tensions.
    How did the new imperialism contribute to tensions. 1871-1914.
    What challenges faced the Russian economy during 1871-1920
    What was significance for Europe of the invention and early history of motor car.
    How was teh war and the changing attitudes to it expressed through literature and arts. 1871-1920

Topic 3: dictatorship and democracy
    hitlers foreign policy lead to outbreak of world war II
    Challenges facing Britain 1920-1945
    effective were internal and external policies of mussolini and/or stalin.
    what did you learn about culture and or science from your study of one or more of the following: radio and cinema, state control of mass media, technology of warfare.

Topic 4
    Changes were introduced by the second vatican council and what was impact on religion in Europe.
    how effective were internal and external policies of thatcher
    How did 1973 oil crisis impact on the economies of western Europe.
    what developments took place in youth and popular culture and or the mass media during 1945-1992

Topic 5:
    Problems with British withdrawal from India.
    How did Suez Crisis and or British withdrawal from Palestine affect Britain's international position
    from your study of post colonial Africa what was importance of one or more: Julius Nyere, literature, grand Abdul Nasser.
    How did race relations develop in France, why was it a major issue in the 1980's.

Topic 6:
    What extent did domestic factors play a role in us foreign policy, 1945-1972.
    Impact of montgomery bus boycott, 1956, on the american civil rights movement.
    Main sources of economic boom, 1945-68, impact on society of this boom.
    To what extent did developments of youth culture and or multiculturalism impact on the economy and society of the us 1945-89

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Hon the Dubs

Physics
    DEB I think
    experiment 1 - acceleration by free fall
    Experiment 2 - I didn't do it so I can't remember but it was one of the ice ones
    Experiment 3 - fundamental frequency with length and tension
    Experiment 4 - resistivity

Question 5 - know laws of equilibrium, maths of gun recoil and bullet, self induction, quark composition of proton and anti-electron

Question 6 - Archimedes' principle and demonstration experiment for it , law of flotation, pressure, force and area

Question 7 - emission spectrum how it's formed, maths of Doppler effect of stars and wavelength

Question 9 - what are x-Rays and what scientist invented them, draw x- Ray tube , kinetic energy of X-rays

Question 12 - (a) mechanics - state centripetal force and maths of equations of motion
    (B) units of sound intensity and sound intensity level, if sound intensity multiplied by 4 what effect does this have on SI level, how far do u need to move to get original sound intensity
    (D) was something about rutherfords experiment but the maths looked pretty nasty in it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Anyone know how to solve this?
    HL MATHS P2 Debs
    Parralelogram
    you're given 4 points, one is (0,0) one is missing the x coordinate, one is missing the y coordinate and one has both .. (I think it was 4,2)

You have to find the missing coordinates somehow and then calculate the area of the parallelogram.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement