Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Velogames Tour Down Under

• 19-01-2015 4:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭

I've made a league for us to play the velogames Fantasy Tour Down Under.

Free to play, only bragging rights to win. Simply go to velogames.com to register, and enter the following details to join the league:

League Code: 19033821

As a bit of an experiment, we are also having a predictions league for the entire season right here on the forum. See here to find out more :)

Spoilers (taken from the Charter/FAQs)

Spoiler tags are used hide commentary about race results from boardsies who haven't watched a race live and are waiting to catch up later in the day. If you don't know what a spoiler tag is, find out. If you break the rules on spoilers, expect severe punishment. We wait all year to follow the big races so don't ruin it by being thoughtless.
    • For non-stage-specific threads about stage races (e.g. "TdF 2011"), use spoiler tags until midnight.
    • For one-day races, expect threads to contain spoilers once the race has begun. Please endevour to use spoiler warnings in the thread title.
    • In threads about specific stages of stage races ("Paris-Nice 2010 Stage 3") or one day races don't use spoiler tags. If you haven't seen the race, don't open the thread. Don't put any information about the result, either with or without spoiler tags in the first post, since the mouse-over feature doesn't work on spoiler tags. For the avoidance of any doubt, use spoiler tags when posting information relating to the current day's stage in a thread dedicated to the next day's (or any other subsequent) stage before midnight. Following feedback 8/11/14, it is now permitted to create a stage thread without spoiler tags for any future stages. This means that threads for future stages will contain spoilers for all previous or current stages
    • Don't post anything which even hints at a same-day race result in a non-stage or race specific thread before midnight. For instance: re-opening the Jens Voight thread with a link to Paris-Nice results, or creating a thread named "Vuelta stage win reported on RTE *Spoilers ahead*" which hints that an Irish rider has won.
    • If you follow the above rules, there is no need to create "contains spoilers" type threads. This is ambiguous since one person's spoiler is another persons spoiler tag.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Just entered a team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

entered!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Lord Di Lego

Just joined the league :)

2nd after stage one - good start

10th across Velogames on Stage 2, which was enough to win the stage and move up to 2nd in our league. Still trying to chase down shelia though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

I joined as well

I got 2-3-13 today, on Stage 3. It wasn't too bad, but I did expect better.
    Specifically I was expecting more from Impey and Haas.
    Oh well, I maybe I shouldn't complain too much, I took over the lead in our league and moved up to 37th overall... :|

Another 'meh' stage for me on Stage 4. It's frustrating, 4 sprinters (not counting Impey) and only one of them manages to place in the top15 on a finish like today. Sigh. Some have excuses, but still...

Anyway, the Boards-league is still spearheaded by me, but I fell to 50th overall. Hoping for better luck in the final 2 stages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,476 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

í need to have serious words with my team nothing since the first day

ye day one i started well since then faded. 3rd in boards league

• Advertisement

I'm still at the top of the league after stage 5 and 42th overall.
    I'm not saying anything more for now, because of bizarrely strict and at the same time vague spoiler rules.

Btw, anyone know of an active, english-speaking community that one can join for the future Velogames-leagues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I'm not saying anything more for now, because of bizarrely strict and at the same time vague spoiler rules.

Btw, anyone know of an active, english-speaking community that one can join for the future Velogames-leagues?

The rules were clearly laid out at the top of this thread, in the charter, and we had a feedback thread not so long ago where we discuss rule changes. If you find something unclear, by all means pm any mod.

PM me if you have anything else you want to discuss about moderation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Cyclingnewsfeed or bikerider maybe

Usually more active here when classics and grand tours ....most people asleep for TDU

Advertisement