Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dr Noel Murphy

• 19-01-2015 5:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

No thread on here about this, not that I want to be the one starting one but just in case anyone doesn't know...

Dr Murphy has passed away and the funeral arrangements are on rip.ie for anyone who knew him. Very sad news and condolences to his family, friends and students.

http://rip.ie/showdn.php?dn=245404%2FDr.+NoelDRUMCONDRA%2FDrumcondra%2FDublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Pedro K

He wasn't very old was he?! Any idea what happened?

EDIT: never mind. I see he was in the hospice. I had him in first year biology. Nice guy. Sad news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Must have been unexpected, I was supposed to have him for a module next semester. R.I.P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Planemo wrote: »
    Must have been unexpected, I was supposed to have him for a module next semester. R.I.P

He did a lot of work in Africa and had returned from a recent trip with an illness apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

One of his collogues from his time at the International Livestock Research Institute has written a memorial piece about him. Link

Advertisement