Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which SCAR-L to buy??

Options
  • 19-01-2015 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at getting a new SCAR-L CQC but I'm undecided as to which one to get.
    I've thought about G&G but their motors aren't the best and I've heard that other brands mags don't fit in them.
    VFC is another option but are quite pricey.
    Anyone have any experience with either of them or have any other recommendations?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

I have no personal experience with them but the WE aeg's look pretty good. They are V2 gearbox compatable and. Have a spring detention function when you set to safe. They are also compatable with TM style M4 mags the only problem I see with them is the hop unit unlike other brands they did not use an M4 type but one that's akin to a g36 type that is plastic. Not sure if it's exactly the same as the G36 hop but have read that it's similar in size and shape also at around the €300 mark it's priced competitively in comparison to the G&G and the VFC
    Btw VFC's aren't just pricey their also rare as hens teeth lol

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭SuperBlu26

Thanks, anyone know about mag compatibility with G&G SCARs?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Have a VFC Scar-L (in black). Lovely beastie and it's seen more than a few years of use & abuse and still going strong.

Lemming wrote: »
    Have a VFC Scar-L (in black). Lovely beastie and it's seen more than a few years of use & abuse and still going strong.

What are the internals like in it? I've read in a few reviews that they aren't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Yeah if you can afford it just get the VFC their internals are top notch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

SuperBlu26 wrote: »
    What are the internals like in it? I've read in a few reviews that they aren't great.

Well put this way ... I've yet to have the gearbox out in over ..... six years or more? I've had the occasional lock-up, but that's a V2 gearbox thing in general.

Only now am I having a rear-wiring issue. But tbh, it's overdue some rewiring and deans'ing anyway. I've got a mosfet earmarked for the gun and it's long past time for fitting.

Complaints about the gun? Never had one.

Lemming wrote: »
    Well put this way ... I've yet to have the gearbox out in over ..... six years or more? I've had the occasional lock-up, but that's a V2 gearbox thing in general.

Only now am I having a rear-wiring issue. But tbh, it's overdue some rewiring and deans'ing anyway. I've got a mosfet earmarked for the gun and it's long past time for fitting.

Complaints about the gun? Never had one.

Thanks, I'll definitely consider the VFC.

Anyone have any experience with the G&G?

Advertisement