Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer Bill?

Options
  • 19-01-2015 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking to transfer my account to my housemate, he will be paying by direct debit like myself.
    Is this possible and what do I need to do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi domrush,

Thanks for getting in touch. You would need to close your Electric Ireland account on or after whichever date you require to do so, and your housemate would need to open his own Electric Ireland account as of the same date.

To close your account, meter-reading(s) taken on your last day would be required, and the date, as this would ensure you are billed for usage only up to the closure of your account. The name and contact telephone number of whomever would be taking over responsibility for supply to the property would be required also.
    Or, if your house-mate gets in touch with the meter-reading(s) and opens his account as of your finishing date, your account can be automatically closed via this way too. If it is he who gets in touch, he would also need to confirm the electricity meter point reference number (MPRN)/gas point reference number (GPRN) if applicable.

If you opt to close your account yourself, we can carry out that process for you here on Boards.ie - just also please confirm your Electric Ireland account number, your name, the address you are leaving, and your telephone number, as well as a forwarding address.

If you would like your house-mate to carry out the process, he would need to contact us himself. There is a €300 security deposit for new customers also, which is automatically eliminated if the customer pays by direct debit (for a minimum of 14 months). If this would apply to your house-mate, we cannot take bank details here on Boards.ie, but he can set it up by calling 1850 372 372 (Customer Service) and then asking to be transferred to Sales for customer discounts (direct debit required) once the account is opened (1850 30 50 90).

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement