Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Connection on New Stretch of Existing Road

Options
  • 19-01-2015 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,

I have moved in to a new house, which is on a new stretch of an existing road in Donabate, Co. Dublin. I signed up for an e-fibre account, having been told by the Eircom website that I was eligible at my new address. On the day of the scheduled line installation, the engineer told me that there was no cabling on my stretch of the road, that he'd have to put in a request, and that it would take about a week.

I have been in contact a couple of times since and noone from Eircom can give me an update on the call, but the customer service people I've talked to have said that this could take months to be installed, depending on planning permission among other things.

I appreciate that if a call hasn't been updated on the computer system, then people can't give me an update, but I need a broadband connection as I work from home. I'd be very grateful if someone could look into this and let me know where I stand.

Many thanks,

Palofmine

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Palofmine wrote: »
    Hi,

I have moved in to a new house, which is on a new stretch of an existing road in Donabate, Co. Dublin. I signed up for an e-fibre account, having been told by the Eircom website that I was eligible at my new address. On the day of the scheduled line installation, the engineer told me that there was no cabling on my stretch of the road, that he'd have to put in a request, and that it would take about a week.

I have been in contact a couple of times since and noone from Eircom can give me an update on the call, but the customer service people I've talked to have said that this could take months to be installed, depending on planning permission among other things.

I appreciate that if a call hasn't been updated on the computer system, then people can't give me an update, but I need a broadband connection as I work from home. I'd be very grateful if someone could look into this and let me know where I stand.

Many thanks,

Palofmine
    Hi Palofmine
    can you provide the exact postal address and any order information you may have? We can look into this for you and advise.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Palofmine

Hi,

Many thanks,

Palofmine
    Hi Palofmine
    can you provide the exact postal address and any order information you may have? We can look into this for you and advise.
    Tony
    Thanks a million Tony,

PM sent with details.

Palofmine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi,

Many thanks,

Palofmine
    Hi Palofmine
    Tony
    Thanks a million Tony,

PM sent with details.

Palofmine
    I have received this Palofmine and will be back as soon as I have information on this.
    Tony

Thanks very much Tony

Hi, can you give me any update on this?

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thank you
    Hi Palofmine

I will check for further information and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Al

Thank you
    Hi Palofmine

I will check for further information and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi,

I appreciate that internal communications can cause problems beyond your control, but I'm anxious that this connection be made soon, and am a little concerned that it may drag on from seeing other threads in this forum. Can you give me an indication of any progress you are making on this inquiry, or of where the holdup is on getting a status update? The engineer had said that he would put in a call for the cable on the road to be extended, so is there an area office responsible for scheduling the work, or anyone that I can contact directly? 
    I work from home, so this is really important matter for me. I need an indication of the status of this plan of work. I note that the Universal Service Obligation sets out service performance targets for requests that put a maximum time for making a line connection of 26 weeks. Given that houses on the road are already connected and the efibre cabinet is in place roughly 300 metres from the house, I hope that I am not looking anything like 26 weeks.

Thank you,

Palofmine

Hi I'd just like to update this - I received a phonecall from Eircom this afternoon to say that the cabling work on the road will be completed by Feb 21st at the latest. Thank you very much for following this through for me.

Palofmine

Hi I'd just like to update this - I received a phonecall from Eircom this afternoon to say that the cabling work on the road will be completed by Feb 21st at the latest. Thank you very much for following this through for me.

Palofmine
    Hi Palofmine

That's really good to hear, thanks for letting me know

Al

Further update: The cabling work was done on Monday and my line was installed yesterday. Really impressed - thank you!

• Advertisement

Further update: The cabling work was done on Monday and my line was installed yesterday. Really impressed - thank you!
    You're welcome Palofmine

Thanks for updating the thread :)

Al

Advertisement