Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon 550D in need of repair

• 19-01-2015 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hey folks. So I was in Rome and having a great time taking photos with my camera but on the second day the shutter release button stopped working. If I pressed down hard enough it would take one or two photos but I haven't been able to get it working since. So I was just wondering where could I bring it to have it looked at? I'm based in Galway at the minute so I was thinking the camera shop in there but not sure if I should bring it to a specific repair shop? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

If you look on you tube..there are videos showing how to disassemble the camera safely. Might save you good money. I know it will cost at least 200 euro to send it back to canon. The lcd screen on mine died aftrr a year and I bought replacment parts on ebay for near nothing and there was a grear instructional vid on youtube showing exactly how to replace the faulty part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Talk to zerohamster over in this thread, he does camera repairs http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056360566&page=38

He comes highly recommended by many boards users including myself.

Advertisement