Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question re selling Ford Fiesta

• 19-01-2015 2:40pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 67 ✭✭

hI,

im not trying to sell a car on here or anything but just asking im changing my car and i have a ford fiesta 01 and its taxed till march - should i scrap and how much would i get if i did. or sell?

Thanks - not a clue what to do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

slig17 wrote: »
    hI,

im not trying to sell a car on here or anything but just asking im changing my car and i have a ford fiesta 01 and its taxed till march - should i scrap and how much would i get if i did. or sell?

Thanks - not a clue what to do.

If there's nothing wrong with it, put it through the NCT and then sell it. Better to get 8/900 quid, rather than getting 100 scrap value.

(I don't really know what the car would be worth, it could well be more than 900 with an NCT...)

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

If it's driving and very rough, You'll still get €200/€300 on DoneDeal.

If it can be NCT'd, It's a minimum €700 even if a bit rough.

A decent 1.25 Ghia, With no rust with fresh NCT can be €1200ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭pollocks

Ford Are giving €3500 scrapage on new fiestas starting next week I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

A 2001 Fiesta with a small bit of tax, no matter how rough it is, will sell on donedeal for €300 or so.

If it hasn't got much rust and it runs okay pop it up for €350 and take the first offer of €250 or €300, it should be gone in a day or two. Not really worth NCTing it if you are going to be waiting c. a month for a date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

A 2001 Fiesta with a small bit of tax, no matter how rough it is, will sell on donedeal for €300 or so.

If it hasn't got much rust and it runs okay pop it up for €350 and take the first offer of €250 or €300, it should be gone in a day or two. Not really worth NCTing it if you are going to be waiting c. a month for a date.

Throwing away 500 quid for not getting an NCT is silly. If it fails, fair enough, but if it passes its money in the bank!

• Advertisement

Throwing away 500 quid for not getting an NCT is silly. If it fails, fair enough, but if it passes its money in the bank!

True, but dates are all over the place atm and I'm just saying is it really worth waiting over a month to send it in? If the op has the time, then by all means do, its potentially an extra €500. I booked my own in at the end of December, and got a date for Feb 15th, its out since Jan 15th...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

True, but dates are all over the place atm and I'm just saying is it really worth waiting over a month to send it in? If the op has the time, then by all means do, its potentially an extra €500. I booked my own in at the end of December, and got a date for Feb 15th, its out since Jan 15th...

But you can get an NCT inside a month, I hope you insisted on it being free, dates are all over the place all the time with NCT, but asking for your free test will get you a confirmed date. Cars being sold without an NCT (whatever its represents itself), can be off putting to a buyer as they dont know how much it might cost them to get it up and running if at all. I can never understand a person who is trying to sell a car without an NCT with the it is what it is, it'll pass fine attitude, if so why not NCT it? At the least it shows a buyer it can pass the NCT and they will at least have about a years driving.

cerastes wrote: »
    But you can get an NCT inside a month, I hope you insisted on it being free, dates are all over the place all the time with NCT, but asking for your free test will get you a confirmed date. Cars being sold without an NCT (whatever its represents itself), can be off putting to a buyer as they dont know how much it might cost them to get it up and running if at all. I can never understand a person who is trying to sell a car without an NCT with the it is what it is, it'll pass fine attitude, if so why not NCT it? At the least it shows a buyer it can pass the NCT and they will at least have about a years driving.

You would be surprised at the amount of people willing to buy cars without an NCT. I am speaking from experience, I deal with it almost daily. A €300 Fiesta with some tax will be bought up in no time if it is in any way half decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

You would be surprised at the amount of people willing to buy cars without an NCT. I am speaking from experience, I deal with it almost daily. A €300 Fiesta with some tax will be bought up in no time if it is in any way half decent.

Privately?
    most people Id have thought want to buy something to get it up and running as soon as they can drive it away. If its clean possibly, but if its so good, why dont owners just NCT the thing and eliminate any doubt, Id have thought for the cost of the NCT that makes it viable to more buyers, I consider that a better option to purchase myself, any ad I see with "will pass NCT no bothers" gives me doubts about the car.
    Its possible you could spend €300 on a lemon and it wont pass or not without a significant input relative to the cost, you could be as well putting the extra into something else slightly better. If you say people are buying them, Im sure they are, I wondered who was as there always seems to be plenty advertised.

cerastes wrote: »
    Privately?
    most people Id have thought want to buy something to get it up and running as soon as they can drive it away. If its clean possibly, but if its so good, why dont owners just NCT the thing and eliminate any doubt, Id have thought for the cost of the NCT that makes it viable to more buyers, I consider that a better option to purchase myself, any ad I see with "will pass NCT no bothers" gives me doubts about the car.
    Its possible you could spend €300 on a lemon and it wont pass or not without a significant input relative to the cost, you could be as well putting the extra into something else slightly better. If you say people are buying them, Im sure they are, I wondered who was as there always seems to be plenty advertised.

Privately, yes.
    I'm just saying - it isn't uncommon and the Op could easily sell the car as is, but a fresh NCT would make it a lot more desirable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement