Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Austin Advice

Options
  • 19-01-2015 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

Myself and a friend are both moving to Austin in March as part of the US one year grad visa. We are just looking for some information regarding apartments?

Has anyone any advice about the best locations? (I guess the closer to downtown the better)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MeMeJK1

Best location depends on what you are looking for. I found this website quite helpful when I first moved here as it gives a nice overview of the different areas which might help you make a decision.

(Sorry can't link it but google move-to-austin . com)

Once you have decided on an area you can use padmapper to find an apartment.

(again I can't link unfortunately. Google "padmapper"

Welcome to Austin!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MeMeJK1

Best location depends on what you are looking for. I found this website quite helpful when I first moved here as it gives a nice overview of the different areas which might help you make a decision.

(Sorry can't link it but google move-to-austin . com)

Once you have decided on an area you can use padmapper to find an apartment.

(again I can't link unfortunately. Google "padmapper")

Welcome to Austin!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

kevma wrote: »
    Hi,

Myself and a friend are both moving to Austin in March as part of the US one year grad visa. We are just looking for some information regarding apartments?

Has anyone any advice about the best locations? (I guess the closer to downtown the better)

Thanks

Was there at the weekend - real fun town - seems to be a huge amount of new constructions in the down town area (lots of new looking apartment buildings)

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

And Craigslist is the place to look:

http://austin.craigslist.org/search/apa

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kevma

Perfect, thanks very much for the replies!

Now to try and sort a job before I go!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement