If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improve TV Sound

Options
  • 19-01-2015 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I want to improve the Sound from my TV.

I have a Samsung UE40ES6800

I would like a Sound Base type thing, but an concerned about sitting the TV on it as the stand for my TV is quite big..241mm front to back

It sits on a Corner TV unit with two shelves and glass doors

Am looking for a base as My 3 year old is very "topple things over happy" !!! and need it secure

Any help appreicated

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi All

I want to improve the Sound from my TV.

I have a Samsung UE40ES6800

I would like a Sound Base type thing, but an concerned about sitting the TV on it as the stand for my TV is quite big..241mm front to back

It sits on a Corner TV unit with two shelves and glass doors

Am looking for a base as My 3 year old is very "topple things over happy" !!! and need it secure

Any help appreicated
    Deep Thought,

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay in our reply,

Soundbases are really getting so popular - there are a few that are really flying and here is a quick breakdown of the popular ones:

Tannoy Basestation - great unit - quite deep so that would suit you (H*W*D 115 x 640 x 355) and its really well reduced to just €274.99
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200653-basestation-one.aspx

Cambridge AUDIO TV2 - the best review unit around at the moment - have a look at the what hifi Awards 5 star review - it sounds great! and at €269 is probably the best value around at the moment. (slightly smaller than the Tannoy though! 100 x 550 x 340)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200929-tv2.aspx

If it was me - I'd go for the Yamaha STR1000 - its bigger than the Tannoy but really slimline and it sounds great H * W * D) 77 x 780 x 370 Yamaha are complete masters at the Soundbar & Soundplinth markets and this one sounds completely amazing ( it actually has 12 separate amps on board driving 8 high and mid frequency units and 4 low bass drive units!)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200870-srt1000.aspx#tabProductDetails-tab

Keep me posted if any of those look suitable - all the euro pricing includes shipping anywhere in Ireland and these are all available to ship for next day delivery,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Hi John

Thanks for this

Love the Cambridge and the Yamaha...Yamaha has 2 Opticals 

I will have a look after payday..but feel the Yamaha though good..is nearly twice the price of Cambridge..

the Cambridge has RCA -would that mean I could plug and play my SKY TV box as-well if it had RCA output?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi John

Thanks for this

Love the Cambridge and the Yamaha...Yamaha has 2 Opticals 

I will have a look after payday..but feel the Yamaha though good..is nearly twice the price of Cambridge..

the Cambridge has RCA -would that mean I could plug and play my SKY TV box as-well if it had RCA output?
    Hi Deep Thought.

You could indeed use the RCA to connect to. However it is always better to use optical when possible.

If your TV has an optical out you can connect this direct to the soundbase. This means that anything that is showing on the TV would be outputted via the optical to the soundbase.
    The Sky box would then be connect to the TV rather than the soundbase. (Via HDMI to the TV)
    If your TV does not have an optical then I would connect the Skybox direct to the soundbase. (Via Optical)
    What other sources do you have that you require to be connected up?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.