Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disappearing HD space?

Options
  • 19-01-2015 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭

I seem to be losing gigs of space almost daily and have no idea on what?.....main drive is 480gb, not so long ago 200gigs were used up now it's up to 312 used .......all my games are stored on Steam and Origin, I have a second 600 gig HD for storage space......I can't for the life of me figure out what's eating up this storage on my main drive.....any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Install SpaceSniffer and take a look see.

77951f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

System volume information is using 201gb .....what is system volume information exactly?

Your restore points are stored there, I recommend deleting all of your old ones (simply done by turning off System Restore) and creating a new one.

advertsfox wrote: »
    Your restore points are stored there, I recommend deleting all of your old ones (simply done by turning off System Restore) and creating a new one.

Yep saw that...currently removing all but recent system restore and shadow copies

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Yep saw that...currently removing all but recent system restore and shadow copies
    Might also be worth limiting the amount of space that System Restore uses.

• Advertisement

Might also be worth limiting the amount of space that System Restore uses.

Gone from 312 gigs used to just 114.....feels like a weight off my shoulders :D

handy information, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 25,449 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

There's no point in creating a new one, it will simply duplicate the most recent restore point. You need to delete all bar the most recent one.

System protection was set to 50% 230GB ......I set it to 2%

coylemj wrote: »
    There's no point in creating a new one, it will simply duplicate the most recent restore point. You need to delete all bar the most recent one.
    Reason I said that was turning off System Restore deletes them all, it's the quickest way to purge them so a new "clean" one can be created.

52.png

Advertisement